Author Topic: Internet Radios,.  (Read 364 times)

Offline "Harry"

• Veteran member
  • Don't waste your energy trying to convince people.
Internet Radios,.
« on: March 18, 2018, 08:53:46 AM »
I think of acquiring an internet radio from the likes of Revo, but I know nothing about how useful it is. Can you really listen all over the world, and is the quality any good. Is there at all a list of all the classical sites existing?
Are there non stop classical sites without talking, etc etc . Anyone?
There comes a point in your life when you realize: Who matters, Who never did, Who won't anymore, And who always will. So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

Spineur

Re: Internet Radios,.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 09:38:30 AM »
I think of acquiring an internet radio from the likes of Revo, but I know nothing about how useful it is. Can you really listen all over the world, and is the quality any good. Is there at all a list of all the classical sites existing?
Are there non stop classical sites without talking, etc etc . Anyone?
There are two types of digital radios.
1) The ones coming from specific web sites.   you can access them with a smartphone, a tablet or a computer or similar devices (servers, NAS).
2) digital radio broadcasting use hertzian bands.  It will eventually replace FM radio.  You need some kind of reciever for that.  There are countries where this DAB standard has been deployed (most scandinavian countries, germany,...) and countries where the srandard is not authorized (France).  The reason for this sad situation is that the hertzian band for DAB have been used by the army and they dont want to let this band go.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 09:48:47 AM by Spineur »

Offline "Harry"

• Veteran member
  • Don't waste your energy trying to convince people.
Re: Internet Radios,.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 01:07:10 AM »
There are two types of digital radios.
1) The ones coming from specific web sites.   you can access them with a smartphone, a tablet or a computer or similar devices (servers, NAS).
2) digital radio broadcasting use hertzian bands.  It will eventually replace FM radio.  You need some kind of reciever for that.  There are countries where this DAB standard has been deployed (most scandinavian countries, germany,...) and countries where the srandard is not authorized (France).  The reason for this sad situation is that the hertzian band for DAB have been used by the army and they dont want to let this band go.

Thank you for this info my friend.
There comes a point in your life when you realize: Who matters, Who never did, Who won't anymore, And who always will. So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.