Author Topic: The Classical Download Thread  (Read 162080 times)

Offline Crassus

Re: The Classical Download Thread
« Reply #820 on: October 27, 2016, 01:39:56 AM »
Bought these two Bernstein Mahler recordings from High Definition Tape Transfers (HDTT)

DSD128 Direct Stream Digital

https://www.highdeftapetransfers.com/products/mahler-symphony-no-7-leonard-bernstein-conducts-the-new-york-philharmonic

DXD 24bit - 352.8khz PCM Flac

https://www.highdeftapetransfers.com/products/mahler-symphony-no-8-leonard-bernstein-london-symphony-orchestra

Listening to the 8th now. I've never heard this recording before. I love Bernstein's interpretation. It sounds fabulous in audiophile sound  :)

Offline carlito77

Re: The Classical Download Thread: Russian Website "Classical Music Online"
« Reply #821 on: December 24, 2016, 12:43:18 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with this Russian website?

http://classical-music-online.net/en/composers/O

I have tested it and so far it seems marvelous!  Under "O" one finds e.g. all the symphonies of Ovchinnikov, plus his classic film scores.  Check out Leo Ornstein.

They also offer the only stereo recording of Taneyev's opera The Oresteia.  (It takes a while to download, or at least it takes a while for my connection.)

For $20. via PayPal one gets "unlimited" hearing for 3 years: I was wondering if anyone had paid this fee and if so, were you satisfied.

Excellent site. For a modest donation, you have full access to their musical database to download. Though you can download music for free, there is a limit as oppose to those who make a donation. I have no complaints and would encourage anybody to at least make a donation It's not cheap maintaining their servers and they do provide a great service for those who love classical music.

Offline Spineur

• Magdalena Kozena, Felicity Lott with love
  • Currently Listening to:
    Mozart & friends
« Reply #822 on: January 09, 2017, 10:10:16 AM »
 ;D
Excellent site. For a modest donation, you have full access to their musical database to download. Though you can download music for free, there is a limit as oppose to those who make a donation. I have no complaints and would encourage anybody to at least make a donation It's not cheap maintaining their servers and they do provide a great service for those who love classical music.
Is it streaming ?
A woman voice glides like the wind
Of black, of damp, of night
And all it touches in this flight
Suddenly is over.

Anna Akhomatova

Offline carlito77

« Reply #823 on: January 17, 2017, 03:35:24 AM »
;DIs it streaming ?

Yes they do stream any composition you choose in their database but you can also download it.

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK