Author Topic: General Opera News  (Read 130895 times)

Offline Jeffrey Smith

• Veteran member
    • Flickr photostream
Re: General Opera News
« Reply #720 on: May 18, 2017, 08:29:06 AM »
I have seen quite a few takes from the DVDs.  They are not worth it.  On the other hand several live tapes are very much worth while.  I wonder if some of the remastered operas will be released seperately.

If they follow the same path as with the studio recordings, they will issue them individually.

Offline Tsaraslondon

• Veteran member
    • My blog
Re: General Opera News
« Reply #721 on: June 07, 2017, 10:45:04 AM »
I may be the last to find out, but WHHHHHHOOOOOOOOAH!

https://www.gramophone.co.uk/classical-music-news/maria-callas-live-box-set-of-remastered-live-recordings-to-be-released

8)  8)  8)

Excitement for me is tempered. I heard on the grapevine that Warner approached Pablo Berruti of Divina Records, whose releases are exemplary in every way. Unfortunately, Warner were not prepared to pay him a proper fee, so negotiations broke down. I rather worry that, for the ones that EMI issued, they will just reproduce the awful EMI transfers (generally copies of unworthy sources). For the rest, they will probably just copy either Divina or Myto. I may be wrong, of course.

\"A beautiful voice is not enough.\" Maria Callas

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK