Author Topic: What's up with the Listening Thread?  (Read 195 times)

Offline Pat B

• A=430
What's up with the Listening Thread?
« on: February 11, 2014, 09:41:59 AM »
I guess a lot of posts are getting moved or deleted, which means the remaining posts move backwards. I keep losing track of where I am.

Offline (: premont :)

• Veteran member
Re: What's up with the Listening Thread?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 10:23:47 AM »
I guess a lot of posts are getting moved or deleted, which means the remaining posts move backwards. I keep losing track of where I am.

Sometimes a members review of a CD posted in the listening thread is moved to the relevant thread in the Great recordings and reviews board. I think particularly Que is very active here, and I am grateful to him as I consider this a nice service to the members (the original posters as well as the readers), because this makes the posts easier to find in the future. Often there is an ongoing discussion in the listening thread, which is made more coherent in this way.
True wisdom knows
it must comprise
some nonsense
as a compromise,
lest fools should fail
to find it wise.
(Piet Hein)

Offline Que

• Global Moderator
  • "One HIP dude"
  • Currently Listening to:
    Still nuts about harpsichord music and exploring Early Music.
Re: What's up with the Listening Thread?
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 10:40:52 AM »
I occasionally move posts to a relevant thread, for instance to accommodate the continuation of a spontaneous discussion that started, or to give a specific request a fair chance of being answered without be washed over by the continuous stream of posts on the Listening thread.

Posts are not, I repeat: NOT, deleted by me or any moderator unless a posts violates forum rules - and I cannot even remember when that happened for the last time.
It should be noted however, that sometimes individual members are particularly active in deleting their own posts….

Other than that, we all loose our bearings sometimes!  :)

Q
À chacun son goût.

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK