Author Topic: Window 10 and Edge problems  (Read 580 times)

Offline The new erato

• Veteran member
Window 10 and Edge problems
« on: December 01, 2015, 12:25:31 PM »
Having just upgraded to Windows 10 and using te Edge browser, I noticed that clicking on smileys, link icons etc don't work.

Offline Holden

• Veteran member
Re: Window 10 and Edge problems
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 12:51:03 PM »
A review I saw of Win10 said that Edge is still in a very basic form and still has a number of features to be added.

I never liked IE so I've not really used Edge, preferring to stick to Firefox and occasionally Chrome which work fine in W10.

If Edge is meant to be an oblique reference to 'cutting edge' then I can tell you that it isn't.
Cheers

Holden

Offline The new erato

• Veteran member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 01:48:17 PM »
I've got an assortment of browsers and was just trying Edge out.

Offline Dungeon Master

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator
  • Head Honcho
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 09:10:06 PM »
Having just upgraded to Windows 10 and using te Edge browser, I noticed that clicking on smileys, link icons etc don't work.

Edge is a completely new browser by Microsoft. They claim it is and will be 100% standards compliant. But it already has issues. There are some things that work on all other browsers fail with Edge. The developer community is hoping that its just some teething issues and Microsoft will iron out bugs with time.

Everything on GMG seems to work fine with Edge (I posted this message using Edge) except the BBC and Smileys when posting.

In the meantime, I suggest using Chrome, Firefox or Safari, all of which work fine.

Rob

PS read my sig :)

 Macs are better. They just are.

Offline carlito77

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 08:25:56 AM »

That's the whole problem, Microsoft is more known for its marketing prowess rather than being on the cutting edge of technology. I usually wait about at least a year or two until Microsoft gets all the kinks and bugs out of their new operating system. There are a lot of issues with Win 10, especially privacy issues. Sorry you're having problems just thought I'd put in my two cents.

Offline Scion7

• Veteran member
  • Each lad takes his lass, All on the green grass
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 11:15:09 AM »
Actually, ever since Firefox 41, you may experience problems downloading files greater than 25MB if you have a slow-speed DSL connection.
There's an acknowledged bug there.  So, FF 40.0.3 - despite not having the various fixes/security enhancements made up to the current v46.x release - may be necessary if you have such a connection.

The latest and greatest version of SeaMonkey works fine, they didn't alter the download manager like they apparently did in FF somewhere down the road.  I keep waiting for the fix for that issue.

Opera 36 works fine with Mac OS X 10.9, 10.10 and 10.11 for the GMG site.  Don't expect the WIN version would have problems?

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 11:16:42 AM by Scion7 »
who will avenge Alexander Hosmer, Ann Ashdowne and John Ashdowne?

Offline Toccata&Fugue

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 08:39:28 AM »
For me, the worst aspect of Edge is the inability to use adblocking programs.

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK