Author Topic: Bug report  (Read 133859 times)

Offline Marc

• Veteran member
  • Sine Cerere et Bach friget Venus
Re: Bug report
« Reply #900 on: May 03, 2017, 08:09:13 PM »
Due to high stress on the server, the search function has been automatically and temporarily disabled. Please try again in a short while.

Probably reported before, but I see this quite a lot recently.
Help support the GMG Classical Music Forum by purchasing from Amazon using this link, this link, or this link

Offline Que

• Global Moderator
« Reply #901 on: June 22, 2017, 10:44:46 AM »
Due to high stress on the server, the search function has been automatically and temporarily disabled. Please try again in a short while.

Probably reported before, but I see this quite a lot recently.

Same here.. Particularly when trying to use the search option or to look at the listing of my own (or anyone else's) posts.

Q

Online k a rl h e nn i ng

• Veteran member
  • Et quid amabo nisi quod ænigma est?
    • Henningmusick
  • Currently Listening to:
    Shostakovich, Frescobaldi, Stravinsky, JS Bach, Liszt, Chopin, Haydn, Henning
« Reply #902 on: June 24, 2017, 05:57:22 AM »
Related?  Today I again get the (periodic) The server's resources are temporarily under too high a demand to find all the topics you have not read. msg
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Offline aligreto

• Veteran member
« Reply #903 on: June 25, 2017, 10:10:41 AM »
Related?  Today I again get the (periodic) The server's resources are temporarily under too high a demand to find all the topics you have not read. msg

I have not experienced this at all until this evening when it was a constant issue.
The ability to talk comes with knowledge. The ability to listen comes with wisdom.

Parsifal

« Reply #904 on: June 27, 2017, 09:13:36 AM »
I remember that in the past the extreme length of some of the popular threads, such as "What are you listening to now," was putting a big load on the server, since the long list of posts would have to be accessed whenever a member interacted with the thread. I wonder if something similar is happening now.

Offline George

• Veteran member
  • Hey Bert!
« Reply #905 on: July 16, 2017, 09:24:13 AM »
This morning I changed my avatar. I tried a few different images, but it kept getting cut off on the right side.  :-[

I fixed it by shrinking the image down to 160x160. Still, the forum used to do this automatically, right?
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Claude Debussy (1862 - 1918)
    ...Mist floating above the water...
« Reply #906 on: December 08, 2017, 05:48:19 AM »
This morning I changed my avatar. I tried a few different images, but it kept getting cut off on the right side.  :-[

I fixed it by shrinking the image down to 160x160. Still, the forum used to do this automatically, right?

That’s correct. It absolutely sucks to have to do this now.
“Works of art make rules; rules do not make works of art.” - Claude Debussy

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
« Reply #907 on: February 27, 2018, 07:49:14 AM »
I keep getting this error message on the Schoenberg thread:

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goodmu/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php:415) in /home/goodmu/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php on line 346

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goodmu/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php:415) in /home/goodmu/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php on line 347

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goodmu/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php:415) in /home/goodmu/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php on line 348

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goodmu/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php:415) in /home/goodmu/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php on line 351

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goodmu/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php:415) in /home/goodmu/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php on line 352

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goodmu/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php:415) in /home/goodmu/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php on line 353
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
« Reply #908 on: February 27, 2018, 08:41:18 AM »
I keep getting this error message on the Schoenberg thread:

Connection Problems

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goodmu/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php:415) in /home/goodmu/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php on line 346

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goodmu/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php:415) in /home/goodmu/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php on line 347

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goodmu/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php:415) in /home/goodmu/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php on line 348

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goodmu/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php:415) in /home/goodmu/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php on line 351

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goodmu/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php:415) in /home/goodmu/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php on line 352

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goodmu/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php:415) in /home/goodmu/public_html/community/Sources/Errors.php on line 353
Connection Problems

This same error message came up in the Poulenc thread. :-\ Rob, could you tell me what’s happening?

Online k a rl h e nn i ng

• Veteran member
  • Et quid amabo nisi quod ænigma est?
    • Henningmusick
    Shostakovich, Frescobaldi, Stravinsky, JS Bach, Liszt, Chopin, Haydn, Henning
« Reply #909 on: February 27, 2018, 09:43:11 AM »
I've seen that a few times today, as well.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
« Reply #910 on: February 27, 2018, 09:53:04 AM »
I've seen that a few times today, as well.

Good to hear that it’s not just me with the problem. :)

Baron Scarpia

« Reply #911 on: February 27, 2018, 10:09:39 AM »
Rob has explained elsewhere that he is in the process of moving to a new server because the current one lacks the resources to manage the board. I suspect the flakiness is related to that straining of server resources.

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
« Reply #912 on: February 27, 2018, 10:10:27 AM »
Rob has explained elsewhere that he is in the process of moving to a new server because the current one lacks the resources to manage the board. I suspect the flakiness is related to that straining of server resources.

Ah yes, that’s a strong possibility indeed.

Offline "Harry"

• Veteran member
  • Don't waste your energy trying to convince people.
« Reply #913 on: February 28, 2018, 08:41:22 AM »
Ah yes, that’s a strong possibility indeed.

I have the same problem.
Rob will solve it. :)
There comes a point in your life when you realize: Who matters, Who never did, Who won't anymore, And who always will. So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

Offline JBS

• Veteran member
  • If music be the food of love, play on!
« Reply #914 on: January 05, 2019, 04:49:32 PM »
The "unread posts" function does not seem to be working, although the "read new replies" is.

Offline Gurn Blanston

• Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)
  • Global Moderator
  • Support your local Haydn Society
    • Gurn's Haydn Blog
    Haydn, I reckon.
« Reply #915 on: January 05, 2019, 06:34:26 PM »
The "unread posts" function does not seem to be working, although the "read new replies" is.

Not sure what to tell you, it is working for me. If it continues to not work for you, let me know.

8)
Help support GMG by purchasing from Amazon using this link

Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Follow me on Twitter @GurnBlanston106

Ghost of Baron Scarpia

« Reply #916 on: March 30, 2019, 11:00:11 PM »
Using Safari under MacOS (10.14.4, Mohave) I am seeing a notice "Not Secure" in the URL window of the browser. Using Chrome on the same Mac also gives me a "Not Secure" warning in the URL window.

Offline GioCar

« Reply #917 on: March 31, 2019, 01:49:37 AM »
That's because the GMG site uses the http instead of the https.

Here's a good page on what they are, and the differences between the two
https://www.guru99.com/difference-http-vs-https.html

Offline Gurn Blanston

• Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)
  • Global Moderator
  • Support your local Haydn Society
    • Gurn's Haydn Blog
    Haydn, I reckon.
« Reply #918 on: March 31, 2019, 06:09:05 AM »
Yup, what HE said. FWIW, it does the same to me, too. My security software told me it's only a problem if I'm on a page where I enter potentially secure data. Since the intent here is that everyone can read whatever I write, that's a non-issue.

8)
Help support GMG by purchasing from Amazon using this link

Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Follow me on Twitter @GurnBlanston106

Ghost of Baron Scarpia

« Reply #919 on: March 31, 2019, 08:08:04 AM »
Yes, I know about http vs https, but my point is that it didn't used to tell me "Not Secure" so I was wondering if something changed. Now I see that it is not showing "not secure" on one computer, but it is showing it on another computer which should be identical (OS and browser). Probably I unknowingly changed a browser configuration setting on that computer without realizing it and that affects whether the warning is displayed.