Author Topic: Disney's new cartoon :) oh boy!  (Read 954 times)

Offline маразм1

Disney's new cartoon :) oh boy!
« on: November 16, 2009, 07:56:15 AM »
http://blogs.alumniroundup.com/russy/2009/03/29/blackvoices-blog-disneys-black-prince-and-multiracial-prince-your-thoughts/

I think it's pretty awesome!  Even though I feel like the cartoons itself is going to suck.  I haven't seen anything good produced by Disney's hand-drawn animation department since Little Mermaid.  I swear, it feels like every cartoon these days is so packed with action that, after the first 5 minutes, in every cartoon there are shooting/flying sequences involving .  Haha, I saw Atlantis with my brother (he was 5 then).  I couldn't believe it.  That's just what happened.  The cartoon was normal, and then there was flying and shooting lasers! 

I'm expecting this cartoon to turn into Barber Shop-esque noisy nonsensical annoying entertainment.  I expect characters to use poorly-formed sentences, and use stereotypical black sayings like "Oh no, you di'ent". 

Did I mention, I hate these stereotypes?  For example: Russians drinking vodka; British actors playing anti-heroes or mad geniuses.  Or, what's really offensive...in cartoons monkeys are always almost voiced by black actors.  For example: Lion King (Rafiki). 

As about interracial onscreen hookups.  We've seen this plenty of times before.  But never in a Disney cartoon.  Oh wait, I mean, Pocahontas was Native American, while John Smith was white; but it doesn't really count... 

MN Dave

Re: Disney's new cartoon :) oh boy!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 08:03:22 AM »
Russians hate vodka!

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK