Author Topic: Recordings That You Are Considering  (Read 1670480 times)

Offline PerfectWagnerite

• Veteran member
Re: Recordings That You Are Considering
« Reply #14820 on: October 11, 2018, 04:14:20 PM »
Muti/Philadelphia is my least favorite, of all that I have heard. Goes to show how taste can vary. I have to check to see if I still have it, maybe I can listen again.
I have quite a few recordings of these works for some reason. In no particular order I really enjoy Mata/Dallas, Reiner/CSO, Ozawa/BSO, Sinopoli/NYPO in addition to the abovementioned. A few that I don't particularly care for include Karajan and Oue/Minnesota.

Offline André

• Veteran member
« Reply #14821 on: October 11, 2018, 04:49:59 PM »
Some pieces on vinyl: organ concerto on Turnabout, piano concerto on Aulos and trautonium concerto on Wergo, pieces for saxophone ensemble on a Koch Schwann cd were interesting for their instrumentation.  It’s a long time since I heard them but the fact that I have more than one disc of his music makes me think I liked it.

Thanks for the comment. I bought it last week. At 8€ for 10 discs I figured there was no need to hesitate. Should be here in a week or so. Seems to be quite varied and samples sound intriguing.

Offline Ghost of Baron Scarpia

« Reply #14822 on: October 11, 2018, 08:01:30 PM »
I have quite a few recordings of these works for some reason. In no particular order I really enjoy Mata/Dallas, Reiner/CSO, Ozawa/BSO, Sinopoli/NYPO in addition to the abovementioned. A few that I don't particularly care for include Karajan and Oue/Minnesota.

I like Reiner/CSO, and particularly like Maazel/Pittsburgh and Maazel/Cleveland. I have a soft spot for Karajan/Berlin, even though you could say be distorts the piece, but he finds things in it that I didn't know were there. I even like Ansermet. But a real favorite is Previtali/Santa Cecilia.