Author Topic: We're back  (Read 6493 times)

Online Papy Oli

• Veteran member
Re: We're back
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2011, 10:46:06 AM »
Many thanks Rob !!!  :)
Olivier

Offline Holden

• Veteran member
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2011, 11:11:19 AM »
Hello Rob

Whereabouts are you? I'm on the Gold Coast and not too far from all this flooding. It appears that the Gold Coast is about the only part of SE Queensland that hasn't been affected by all this so I hope you are alright.

Thanks for the effort you've made

Cheers

Holden
Cheers

Holden

Brahmsian

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2011, 11:13:57 AM »
Hello Rob

Whereabouts are you? I'm on the Gold Coast and not too far from all this flooding. It appears that the Gold Coast is about the only part of SE Queensland that hasn't been affected by all this so I hope you are alright.

Cheers

Holden

I wonder how Conor71 is, and whether he has been affected by the flooding?

George

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2011, 11:15:25 AM »
And I thought Rob was now in Canada.  :-[

Offline Dungeon Master

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator
  • Head Honcho
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2011, 11:49:31 AM »
Hello Rob

Cheers

Holden
Hi Holden

I'm glad to hear the Gold Coast is flood-free - my sister's family is on holidays there.

I'm actually in Canberra - its wet (very unusually so) but no danger of flooding yet. My Mac and I are quite safe.

George - I was in Canada for 18 months, but have been back in Australia for the past year.

And for those wondering what all this talk of Noah is about, Queensland, one of the states of Australia, is undergoing torrential flooding, a Hurricane-Katrina size disaster, (though not as newsworthy, as its not the USA  ::) ). See coverage: Brisbane Times

cheers
Rob
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 11:56:51 AM by admin »
 Macs are better. They just are.

Offline Brewski

• Global Moderator
  • "Man With No Shadow" by Makoto Tojiki (2009)
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2011, 11:57:44 AM »
Rob, so happy to hear you are all right.  And thank you again for taking time out from more urgent matters to deal with things here. 

And by the way, I like the subtle new look of the forum, too. 

--Bruce
"Do you realize that we're meteorites; almost as soon as we're born, we have to disappear?"

~Iannis Xenakis

Twitter: @BruceHodgesNY

Offline Gurn Blanston

• Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)
  • Global Moderator
  • Support your local Haydn Society
    • Gurn's Haydn Blog
  • Currently Listening to:
    Haydn, I reckon.
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2011, 12:06:16 PM »
And by the way, I like the subtle new look of the forum, too. 

Speaking of subtle new looks, I note that the "Reply" button on every page I've looked at so far has what appears to be a worn spot right where I click, and where my finger would touch it if it was a real button. If that is universal and not just a product of narcotic-induced dementia, that's pretty cool... :)

8)
Help support GMG by purchasing from Amazon using this link

Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Follow me on Twitter @GurnBlanston106

karlhenning

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2011, 12:10:32 PM »
Don't knock dementia, Gurn: take the amusement where you can!

Offline Brian

• Veteran member
    • Brian's blog
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2011, 12:19:21 PM »
Speaking of subtle new looks, I note that the "Reply" button on every page I've looked at so far has what appears to be a worn spot right where I click, and where my finger would touch it if it was a real button. If that is universal and not just a product of narcotic-induced dementia, that's pretty cool... :)

8)

Oddly enough, I noticed that this morning but now it's gone!

George

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2011, 12:22:54 PM »

I re-painted it an hour ago.

Offline SonicMan46

• Veteran member
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2011, 03:27:36 PM »

Rob - for a long time I've noticed that Brian is listed as a subscriber, but many of us in the past who were also tagged as such are no longer labeled as subscribers - is this just an anomaly; if not have our subscriptions expired?  If so, I have not problem in contributing but there seems to be no easy understanding of this process at present - I'm sure many of us would like to help w/ a few bucks (or whatever currency applies) - Dave  :) 

Sid

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2011, 04:38:31 PM »
Thanks for your work. I really missed being able to visit this site for the past week or so. The floods here in Australia have been unprecedented within my lifetime, although older people remember th 1974 floods. It hasn't affected us here in Sydney, but North of our state of New South Wales & Queensland, ACT (Canberra) & Western Australia. I hear now that the army have been called out to pick up the pieces where the floods are subsiding in Qld. It's going to be difficult, as there are still many missing (possibly dead) and cut off from their homes...

Offline Florestan

• Veteran member
  • Van Gogh - Flowers in a Blue Vase
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2011, 02:05:25 AM »
Thank you, Rob, for your truly heroic efforts. Your committment to this forum is amazing.
"Music expresses that which cannot be said and upon which it is impossible to remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Don't Like These Ads? Become a GMG Subscriber!
For as little as 14 cents per day, subscribers get no advertising on the forum, a larger Inbox for your PM's, and a warm glow of knowing you are supporting the forum. All this and a groovy Subscriber badge too!
Click here to read more.