Author Topic: <-- The Clip Quiz! -->  (Read 4624 times)

m_gigena

Re: <-- The Clip Quiz! -->
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2007, 09:35:18 AM »
it sounds a little like Menuhin.

Because of the wrong notes and intonation problems?  ;D

Here is the same guy playing Sarasate.

m_gigena

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2007, 09:36:59 AM »
BTW, I now notice to whom I wrote the last post.

Welcome back, M!. I didn't know you were back.

m_gigena

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2007, 12:58:57 PM »
Here is what nowadays is my preferred recording of the second Scherzo. The pianist was born in Brasil, Arthur Moreira Lima; he took part of the 1965 Chopin competition, but won the second prize (guess who received the first place...)

DOWNLOAD FILE

He played an all Chopin programme: some etudes, preludes, the second sonata, and the second scherzo.

m_gigena

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2007, 06:56:39 AM »
Nobody downloaded the Sarasate clip with the misterious violinist, so I suppose nobody cares about it. The interpreter is Aldo Ferraresi, a pupil of Ysaye.

m_gigena

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2007, 06:58:42 AM »
As I don't want to have problems with Bonehelm or Sidoze, I will post this here. A blind Chopin Ballade from a concert, so it's not available on cd (but the pianist is a  very active one in today's stage).

http://rapidshare.com/files/39651665/Chopin.Ballade.mp3

M forever

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2007, 07:35:13 AM »
Because of the wrong notes and intonation problems?  ;D

Well, yes... I once took a lesson from the principal bass of the BP, and at one point, I had intonation problems in one complicated passage, he said "what you are doing here sounds like what we call 'Menuhin intonation', that's when you don't know anymore if you are flat or sharp, but it's somehow not really in tune". That memorable comment has since then stuck with me...

karlhenning

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2007, 07:36:29 AM »
Ouch!

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK