Author Topic: Adding Pictures to Posts - a comprehensive How-to  (Read 4712 times)

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Richard Strauss (1864 - 1949)
  • Currently Listening to:
    Elektrifying sounds echoed through the Bavarian Alps
Re: Adding Pictures to Posts - a comprehensive How-to
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2013, 06:17:04 PM »
I think we should be grateful that people even post an image for a recording at all instead of nitpicking whether someone uses an ASIN in their post.

Back to on topic...

In many cases, Amazon's ASIN numbers will not display the cover even if there's an image of the recording on their website. Sometimes it's just easy to go to Google under images and look for the album to save some time.
"Music is enough for a lifetime but a lifetime is not enough for music." - Sergei Rachmaninov

Offline Scarpia

• Veteran member
Re: Adding Pictures to Posts - a comprehensive How-to
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2013, 06:35:28 PM »
Exactly why I do it that way:  I'm trying to make it easy for people to get it, and if possible generate some revenue to GMG in the process.  No image = If you want info on it, you're on your own (or least ask me on the thread or by PM).

You are of course free choose how you will to refer to the various releases.  But the only practical effect of your policy is to make it less likely that GMG will collecting its little royalty when someone decides to purchase a recording you don't like.  I doubt that denying that venue to GMG is your intention.

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK