LP packaging horror

Started by listener, August 19, 2011, 11:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

listener

Tonight I opened a box set I had not heard for several years, and discovered that the foam inserts which had not crumbled were bonding to the record jackets and book.     Nasty, nasty stuff.
Discs were German-pressed Philips.     So I shall try to get to the remaining sets to see how many more have this problem.     I'll give the discs a good rinse before playing too.
-  found another -Telefunken, vol 1 of Sweelinck keyboard music.
Others with LP collections may want to check their Polygram-label boxes.
"Keep your hand on the throttle and your eye on the rail as you walk through life's pathway."

Lethevich

I have to deal with this a lot, it's an oft-mentioned issue - I remove all of them because of that small chance that some will end up turning into cake :-X
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

listener

and they are in multi-disc CD's too.
"Keep your hand on the throttle and your eye on the rail as you walk through life's pathway."

knight66

I thought that I had been through all my multi CD sets some years ago. Fairly recently I opened up a set to discover the foam had gone grown, partly disintegrated and adhered to the label side of one disc. I had to scrape it off with a knife, it plays OK. But it did give me pause for thought that this far from obscure piece had not been listened to for at least six years.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

MDL

Some of my EMI CDs have decayed somehow and are unplayable. Some aren't that old, either. Seems to only affect EMI released.