Author Topic: On-line Stores & Sellers  (Read 165440 times)

Online Que

• Global Moderator
  • "One HIP dude"
  • Currently Listening to:
    Still nuts about harpsichord music and exploring Early Music.
Re: On-line Stores & Sellers
« Reply #1200 on: December 21, 2016, 02:04:16 AM »
Anyone familiar with Clic Musique? They have some good prices on some harder to find labels. Do they ever have sales on labels or sitewide sales?

This is their site: http://www.clicmusique.com/index.php

They are a distributor, so the plus us that they have  a lot of stuff that is hard to get elsewhere.
I haven't seen any sales. They also sell through Amazon (UK).
You would think buying from them directly would be cheaper, especially if a order involves multiple items.
But no.... ::) I've found that their Amazon price on a particular item is often significantly lower, and their own shipping rates are not very advantageous either.

So, if you find something interesting on their website - check Amazon first before deciding where to place your order.  :)

Q
À chacun son goût.

Offline Spineur

• Veteran member
  • Magdalena Kozena, Felicity Lott with love
    Mozart & friends
« Reply #1201 on: December 21, 2016, 04:28:39 AM »
Anyone familiar with Clic Musique? They have some good prices on some harder to find labels. Do they ever have sales on labels or sitewide sales?

This is their site: http://www.clicmusique.com/index.php
I use them.  Best prices for Supraphon.  Got some opera on dvd/blu-ray from them. Some of the stuff they sell can be cd that are moving slowly through other channels and they can sell at discount.  So one has to pick carefully (as often).  Excellent on delivery within France.
A woman voice glides like the wind
Of black, of damp, of night
And all it touches in this flight
Suddenly is over.

Anna Akhomatova

Offline mc ukrneal

• Veteran member
« Reply #1202 on: December 21, 2016, 10:38:22 AM »
Thank you both! They have good prices on the Acte Préalable label.
Offenbach gets a raw deal in recordings considering his talent! For a discussion of this outstanding composer too little recorded: http://www.good-music-guide.com/community/index.php/topic,5572.

Offline Todd

• Veteran member
« Reply #1203 on: March 30, 2017, 08:17:46 AM »
Recently, in the Recordings That You Are Considering thread, I posted a number of Korean market titles that interested me, and asked if anyone knew of any Korean market sellers with a broad catalog.  I did some snooping, and I found one: www.yesasia.com

As expected, there are many enticing recordings; the list of recordings I'm considering has jumped from six to dozens.  The site lists 307 Korean market titles, and while a lot are garbage compilations, they list dozens of core rep recordings from all the majors and some regional labels.  Filtering can be done by country (Japan, Korea, China).  The Japanese listings are garbled, though I already have multiple sources I use in Japan.  The Chinese ones appear slim, at least to my taste, for now, though I suspect that will change.  One bonus - international shipping is free.  I'm going to hunt some more because some titles are not available there.  I also revisited Han Books, the vendor that I bought the original big box format set of Kun Woo Paik's LvB cycle, and they have some items, but the selection is much smaller.
The universe is change; life is opinion.   Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Offline Spineur

• Veteran member
  • Magdalena Kozena, Felicity Lott with love
    Mozart & friends
« Reply #1204 on: March 30, 2017, 08:54:50 AM »
Recently, in the Recordings That You Are Considering thread, I posted a number of Korean market titles that interested me, and asked if anyone knew of any Korean market sellers with a broad catalog.  I did some snooping, and I found one: www.yesasia.com

As expected, there are many enticing recordings; the list of recordings I'm considering has jumped from six to dozens.  The site lists 307 Korean market titles, and while a lot are garbage compilations, they list dozens of core rep recordings from all the majors and some regional labels.  Filtering can be done by country (Japan, Korea, China).  The Japanese listings are garbled, though I already have multiple sources I use in Japan.  The Chinese ones appear slim, at least to my taste, for now, though I suspect that will change.  One bonus - international shipping is free.  I'm going to hunt some more because some titles are not available there.  I also revisited Han Books, the vendor that I bought the original big box format set of Kun Woo Paik's LvB cycle, and they have some items, but the selection is much smaller.
Dear Todd

You could have a look at gmarket, the largest online marketplace in Korea

http://www.gmarket.co.kr/

or more conveniently its automatically translated version

http://global.gmarket.co.kr/Home/Main

It isnt so difficult to buy from them, the shipping cost are reasonable (my wife keeps buying Korean clothes, which are quite trendy).  I almost bought a Cowon Plenue 2 through them, but didnt do it in the end as I got concerned with the import tax.  But CD are sufficiently inexpensive so these taxes are not due, at least in europe.  I made a search Kim and found four CDs available.  This would be my preferred route.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 09:16:55 AM by Spineur »
A woman voice glides like the wind
Of black, of damp, of night
And all it touches in this flight
Suddenly is over.

Anna Akhomatova

Offline Todd

• Veteran member
« Reply #1205 on: March 30, 2017, 09:37:20 AM »
You could have a look at gmarket, the largest online marketplace in Korea

That's where I picked up Younwha Lee's Beethoven cycle.  Since it is a marketplace, it seems more limited for my purposes.  The Kim Jeong Won pickings are down to one disc there, for instance, but yesasia has a lot more, including a Schubert three disc set.  On the plus side, gmarket does have some of Kun Woo Paik's early recordings - Scriabin, Rachmaninoff solo works - so I will probably use it as well later on.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 09:38:53 AM by Todd »
The universe is change; life is opinion.   Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK