Author Topic: On-line Stores & Sellers  (Read 184771 times)

Offline mc ukrneal

• Veteran member
Re: On-line Stores & Sellers
« Reply #1220 on: October 13, 2017, 07:19:43 AM »
I did it and they said 'just wait a little more'...
Ah. Well at least you are on record, which is good if they get lost along the way, though we hope for a delivery!
Offenbach gets a raw deal in recordings considering his talent! For a discussion of this outstanding composer too little recorded: http://www.good-music-guide.com/community/index.php/topic,5572.

Offline North Star

• Veteran member
« Reply #1221 on: October 13, 2017, 10:16:40 AM »
Still waiting (in Greece) for 3 Amazon orders (coming from 3 different retailers) one whole month after the latest estimated delivery date... >:(
Amazon marketplace sellers can vary a lot in their delivery times. A month after the estimate is a lot, though. Contact them again soon and ask for a refund if you don't receive the order(s)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 10:19:02 AM by North Star »
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Offline Scarpia

• Veteran member
« Reply #1222 on: October 13, 2017, 10:22:54 AM »
Pity Arkiv stopped producing Arkiv CDs, though. ytes, they were CD-Rs, but thay made some very interesting stuff available...

Really? I still saw Archiv CDs listed when I visited yesterday.

Offline George

• Veteran member
  • Our DJ's Better Than All These Bands
« Reply #1223 on: October 13, 2017, 12:50:00 PM »

They try to tell me that too, sometimes, but I always say no and demand a refund. A month past the expected delivery date is already being way too patient, I think.   
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Online ritter

• Veteran member
  • Set design for Le Tricorne (Pablo Picasso)
« Reply #1224 on: October 13, 2017, 12:55:47 PM »
Really? I still saw Archiv CDs listed when I visited yesterday.
Yes, they're  still there, but no new ones for almost two years now IIRC.  :(
Ritter
-------------------------------------------------------------
« Là, tout n'est qu'ordre et beauté,
   Luxe, calme et volupté ».

Online aligreto

• Veteran member
« Reply #1225 on: October 13, 2017, 01:17:06 PM »

They try to tell me that too, sometimes, but I always say no and demand a refund. A month past the expected delivery date is already being way too patient, I think.   

I would agree with George; go for a refund demand asap  ;)
The ability to talk comes with knowledge. The ability to listen comes with wisdom.

Offline Obradovic

• Currently Listening to:
    Michel Plasson and the French Music (EMI)
« Reply #1226 on: October 14, 2017, 05:34:25 AM »

I would agree with George; go for a refund demand asap  ;)

Ηmmm... yes... there are some signs lately that made me uneasy about their reliability: a few days after I ordered the Vol. 1 of Rossini Cantatas (Chailly, Decca, not generally available) I received a message that my order has been dispatched and a few days later I was informed that they refunded the total cost! After dispatching what? Did they dispatch anything? No. So why the assured me that my order is on the way? why the disc still appears as available? And as the new missing orders are long deleted discs (Debussy-La Mer-Sinopoli, DG & Bernstein conducts his Divertimento etc, DG) I'm afraid there is nothing that can be shipped...

Offline listener

• Veteran member
« Reply #1227 on: October 22, 2017, 06:51:54 AM »
Perhaps I missed this earlier, jpc shipping was EUR 10.00 now EUR 11.56, still not bad considering the distance and the size of some of my orders.

Offline Scarpia

• Veteran member
« Reply #1228 on: November 06, 2017, 09:40:50 AM »
Did crotchet.co.uk go out of business? Their URL doesn't work.

I remember I used to order from them all the time. Then they sent me an email announcing  that they had upgraded their web site and as a result my account had been obliterated, including order history and shopping cart. I never ordered from them again.

Offline Todd

• Veteran member
« Reply #1229 on: November 06, 2017, 09:44:55 AM »
Did crotchet.co.uk go out of business?

Yes, a couple years ago.
The universe is change; life is opinion.   Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Offline Scarpia

• Veteran member
« Reply #1230 on: November 09, 2017, 09:31:55 PM »
Purchased an item from Amazon which was listed as published by Decca, and they sent me an archivmusic CD-ROM. It was Amazon proper, not a Marketplace seller. Requested a return, granted with no difficulty.

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Bohuslav Martinů (1890 - 1959)
    The Opening of the Wells during Magic Nights
« Reply #1231 on: November 09, 2017, 09:44:11 PM »
I made my last purchase with Presto Classical. They have screwed my orders up too many times to consider using them again. The first time I was okay with the mistake, but when every order I make with them has items missing or they simply have not shipped all of my items within that order at the same time as the others, it becomes a problem.
"Music must be beautiful, or it wouldn’t be worth the effort” - Bohuslav Martinů

Offline The new erato

• Veteran member
« Reply #1232 on: November 10, 2017, 12:10:49 AM »
Never had a problem with presto. When an item is late they occasionally split up an order and sends the missing item later and I cannot see the problem with that.

Offline Turner

• Veteran member
« Reply #1233 on: November 10, 2017, 12:28:51 AM »
I´ve been very satisfied with ordering from Presto, MDT and JPC.de.

A slight disruption was JPC.de changing a paid order from a Friday, cancelling an item in a notice on Monday, where I found out that it was because the price had gone up during the weekend. This in spite of the item still being stated to be in stock on Monday too. When I contacted them, they however swiftly agreed to sell me the item for the reduced price in a later order from them. I guess there´s some automatic cancellations going on in their system at times.

As for Amazon´s European websites, I think I´ve noticed an increasing number of companies who seem to offer low prices, but then show to be based say on the Channel Islands or in Switzerland, adding massive custom fees and service fees to that initial, low price. In reality, their prices aren´t competitive then, and one has to look carefully about their addresses, to avoid costly surprises (I haven´t tried Swiss providers I think, but from what I understand, those custom fees will be added to deliveries for the EU).

Also, I´ve noticed that a good deal of the bigger companies have addresses in the Netherlands. In relation to the current Paradise Papers story, from what I understand, the Dutch business registration and tax system has for decades specialized in providing comfortably easy access to overseas 'tax heavens' for companies.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 12:35:51 AM by Turner »

Offline Scarpia

• Veteran member
« Reply #1234 on: November 10, 2017, 06:53:00 AM »
I made my last purchase with Presto Classical. They have screwed my orders up too many times to consider using them again. The first time I was okay with the mistake, but when every order I make with them has items missing or they simply have not shipped all of my items within that order at the same time as the others, it becomes a problem.

I interpret that as a favor to you. It means they are taking the expense of shipping immediately available items right away, rather than delaying the entire order until all items are available.

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Bohuslav Martinů (1890 - 1959)
    The Opening of the Wells during Magic Nights
« Reply #1235 on: November 10, 2017, 07:53:04 PM »
I interpret that as a favor to you. It means they are taking the expense of shipping immediately available items right away, rather than delaying the entire order until all items are available.

But when that goes against the wishes of the customer then it’s a problem and not a favor to me at all. You have the option before checkout to have all of your items shipped together or to have them shipped as they become available. I always choose the first option, but this isn’t what I found annoying. What I found annoying was when I open my package only to find three items missing whenever the invoice clearly states that these items were supposed to be in the package. It would be different if it was a one time thing (even twice I understand), but to have it happen 4 times out of 5 --- that’s just frustrating.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 08:13:37 PM by Mirror Image »
"Music must be beautiful, or it wouldn’t be worth the effort” - Bohuslav Martinů

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK