Author Topic: On-line Stores & Sellers  (Read 226920 times)

Offline mc ukrneal

• Veteran member
Re: On-line Stores & Sellers
« Reply #1240 on: December 01, 2017, 10:18:21 AM »
And even if that is not so, you could contest the credit card charge with the credit card company/bank (if one used a credit card).
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Spineur

« Reply #1241 on: December 01, 2017, 10:51:02 AM »
Was the order made through Amazon Marketplace? If so, my experience is that Amazon will override and refund you even if the merchant doesn't respond.
No it wasnt.  As I said, I dont care about the refund, it is that it is a source of CDs that has become unreliable and that I have to look for others.

Baron Scarpia

« Reply #1242 on: December 21, 2017, 12:35:29 AM »
I find myself disappointed with Presto Classical. I placed an order. The web site said it ships in 3 days. Then they changed that to a week, then they changed that to a month. Fine, but then I noticed that they already charged my credit card.

I will not purchase there again.

Offline (: premont :)

• Veteran member
« Reply #1243 on: December 21, 2017, 04:18:46 AM »
I find myself disappointed with Presto Classical. I placed an order. The web site said it ships in 3 days. Then they changed that to a week, then they changed that to a month. Fine, but then I noticed that they already charged my credit card.

I will not purchase there again.

They charge your credit card when you post your order. Actually they will not execute any order, until they have got the money. I have accepted this since long, because there have never been problems with refund, if they turned out to be unable to deliver an order. I have dealt with them for more than fifteen years, so I have a long time experience with their costumer policy. All in all they offer a good service.
Tiden læger alle sår,
heldigt nok at tiden går.

Online The new erato

• Veteran member
« Reply #1244 on: December 21, 2017, 04:41:12 AM »
They charge your credit card when you post your order. Actually they will not execute any order, until they have got the money. I have accepted this since long, because there have never been problems with refund, if they turned out to be unable to deliver an order. I have dealt with them for more than fifteen years, so I have a long time experience with their costumer policy. All in all they offer a good service.
Me as well. What a few cents interest?

Offline "Harry"

• Veteran member
« Reply #1245 on: December 21, 2017, 04:42:57 AM »
Me as well. What a few cents interest?

The only problem I have with them is the postage cost which increase the more you buy, so I rather stick to JPC if possible.
Their service is impeccable though.

• Veteran member
« Reply #1246 on: December 21, 2017, 04:59:06 AM »
The only problem I have with them is the postage cost which increase the more you buy, so I rather stick to JPC if possible.
Their service is impeccable though.

I also tend to stick to JPC when possible, but often Presto is the only option particularly as to downloads, which in some cases is the only way of getting a recording. 
Tiden læger alle sår,

Baron Scarpia

« Reply #1247 on: December 21, 2017, 09:23:22 AM »
It is not the end of the world, but it is a significant inconvenience. I made the purchase with a credit card that I don't normally use. Today I had to pay the bill, even though they haven't even told me when it will be available. Now if I decide it is not worth waiting for and cancel they will refund, and I will carry a balance on my credit card? Now I have to find an excuse to use that credit card to nullify the balance? Annoying enough that I'll find a different vendor next time.

• Veteran member
« Reply #1248 on: December 21, 2017, 10:43:29 AM »
It is not the end of the world, but it is a significant inconvenience. I made the purchase with a credit card that I don't normally use. Today I had to pay the bill, even though they haven't even told me when it will be available. Now if I decide it is not worth waiting for and cancel they will refund, and I will carry a balance on my credit card? Now I have to find an excuse to use that credit card to nullify the balance? Annoying enough that I'll find a different vendor next time.

When you order something, they send you a confirmation mail and in this you can read how long time they expect it will take, before they can ship the CDs. In two instances I waited somewhat  longer than presupposed. I lost my patience, cancelled the order and without any problems the money were returned to my credit card.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 11:01:43 AM by (: premont :) »
Tiden læger alle sår,

Baron Scarpia

« Reply #1249 on: December 21, 2017, 11:29:15 AM »
When you order something, they send you a confirmation mail and in this you can read how long time they expect it will take, before they can ship the CDs. In two instances I waited somewhat  longer than presupposed. I lost my patience, cancelled the order and without any problems the money were returned to my credit card.

Yes, I am aware that they sent me a confirmation email, I am aware that the told me how long it would take to ship, I am also aware that they are now a month beyond that expected shipment date, they have my money, I have paid the credit card bill, and if I cancel I will have the nuisance of monitoring my credit card to confirm the refund and deciding how to manage a positive balance sitting on my credit card. It is not the end of the world, but I would have been better off ordering from any other reputable on-line store.

I have emailed them requesting cancelation of the order.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 11:35:41 AM by Baron Scarpia »

Offline mc ukrneal

• Veteran member
« Reply #1250 on: January 01, 2018, 09:16:29 PM »
I have just come across a site called allflac that sells many flac downloads. They appear to be dirt cheap, which makes me wonder if this is a legit site. Does anyone know anything about them? I am hesitant to use them, though they show a UK address at the bottom of some web pages. Or perhaps they only sell within the UK (in which case I can ignore them)?

The One

« Reply #1251 on: January 24, 2018, 09:05:41 AM »
I find Presto very interesting for Europe shopping. I most probably had hundreds of deals with them...not a single glitch.

Offline Gurn Blanston

• Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)
  • Global Moderator
  • Support your local Haydn Society
    • Gurn's Haydn Blog
  • Currently Listening to:
    Haydn, I reckon.
« Reply #1252 on: January 24, 2018, 10:12:41 AM »
I have just come across a site called allflac that sells many flac downloads. They appear to be dirt cheap, which makes me wonder if this is a legit site. Does anyone know anything about them? I am hesitant to use them, though they show a UK address at the bottom of some web pages. Or perhaps they only sell within the UK (in which case I can ignore them)?

Found this on a search, Neal. From the forum site "Computer Audiophile". Not that I know any of the people involved...

Posted November 8, 2016

Audio_ELF said:
    It claims to be UK based but iirc it's actually in the Ukraine. I would be extremely doubtful it is legitimate and that any money you pay gets to the rights holders / musicians. I'd be cautious giving credit card details to such a sight.

As far as I'm concerned you are better off using torrent than this site.

How do you know it's from the Ukraine? They show a business registration number, a VAT number and an Essex address. They also have an enormous catalogue. Someone has sunk a lot of money into this site. If it is ripping off musicians I would think someone would have shut them down already.

I did a search for the parent company on https://www.companieslist.co.uk/08904847-flackers-ltd. They appear to be at the address shown and all their documents seem legit. If they are not the same company I think the real Flackers Ltd. would have gone after them.

I have made two charges on my credit card to them. They seem to have gone through alright. I am not too worried about my credit card. My company has always covered the losses. In fact I have never even been sent a bill for a fraudulent change, the credit card company has always discovered the fraud before they sent me a bill.

Rick

Of course, "Rick" may be Ukrainian for all I know... :-\

8)
Help support GMG by purchasing from Amazon using this link

Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Follow me on Twitter @GurnBlanston106

Offline Gurn Blanston

• Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)
  • Global Moderator
  • Support your local Haydn Society
    • Gurn's Haydn Blog
  • Currently Listening to:
    Haydn, I reckon.
« Reply #1253 on: January 24, 2018, 10:14:52 AM »
I find Presto very interesting for Europe shopping. I most probably had hundreds of deals with them...not a single glitch.

I haven't made nearly that many purchases, since I buy in USA when I can, but all of my dealings with Presto have been really happy ones for me. I know others have said differently, but that isn't my experience. :)

8)
Help support GMG by purchasing from Amazon using this link

Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Follow me on Twitter @GurnBlanston106

Offline mc ukrneal

• Veteran member
« Reply #1254 on: February 06, 2018, 12:57:18 AM »
Found this on a search, Neal. From the forum site "Computer Audiophile". Not that I know any of the people involved...

Of course, "Rick" may be Ukrainian for all I know... :-\

8)
I believe it breaks copyright. I came to this conclusion by searching for Hyperion discs, which are not available anywhere except at their own website. Their prices are also way out of whack (meaning suspiciously low). Thus, I have not used them.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 01:00:07 AM by mc ukrneal »

Online The new erato

• Veteran member
« Reply #1255 on: February 06, 2018, 05:25:09 AM »
Me neither.

Baron Scarpia

« Reply #1256 on: February 06, 2018, 09:39:57 AM »
Yes, I am aware that they sent me a confirmation email, I am aware that the told me how long it would take to ship, I am also aware that they are now a month beyond that expected shipment date, they have my money, I have paid the credit card bill, and if I cancel I will have the nuisance of monitoring my credit card to confirm the refund and deciding how to manage a positive balance sitting on my credit card. It is not the end of the world, but I would have been better off ordering from any other reputable on-line store.

I have emailed them requesting cancelation of the order.

Well, after they took my order, charged my credit card and didn't ship anything for a month they did refund without a hitch. Their order canceling performance is not notch, I'll give them that. Then I had a $50 credit sitting on my credit card. Felt like free money.

They are a perfectly reputable site but their policy of charging your card, not just before they ship, but before they even know if the item you ordered is available or not, differs from every other web site I have ever purchased from. This doesn't make them an attractive option to me.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 09:44:06 AM by Baron Scarpia »

Offline ShineyMcShineShine

« Reply #1257 on: February 14, 2018, 03:24:16 AM »

Illegal. No telling where they got their rips from. Some of them could be reconverted mp3's.

Offline Paul_Thomas

« Reply #1258 on: February 28, 2018, 11:52:07 AM »
Presto Classical now have wishlists!

To use your wishlist create an account - you can also view your previous orders as long as you use the email for your account that you used for your old orders.

You can still order without an account, and more account features will follow.

Online The new erato

• Veteran member
« Reply #1259 on: February 28, 2018, 12:49:24 PM »
Presto Classical now have wishlists!

To use your wishlist create an account - you can also view your previous orders as long as you use the email for your account that you used for your old orders.

You can still order without an account, and more account features will follow.
Good!