Author Topic: On-line Stores & Sellers  (Read 245946 times)

Offline flyingdutchman

Re: On-line Stores & Sellers
« Reply #1280 on: January 29, 2019, 02:58:31 PM »
I've ordered CDs from several good places in Oregon and also California (used items).  Are Everyday Music and Amoeba (California - a few locations) still around?  I hadn't heard of Classical Millennium before?  Were they a store or strictly online?

PD

They were a store...and the best in any state.  But, the powers that be took it away.  Now all there is is Everyday.  It's ok, but it couldn't hold a torch to Classical Millenium.

Offline Pat B

• Veteran member
  • A=430
« Reply #1281 on: January 29, 2019, 03:31:35 PM »
importcds.com (sometimes their own web site is a better deal than amazon marketplace version)

In my experience, the nominal prices are usually similar, but their website discounts on shipping for multiple items. They also have site-wide sales a couple times per year.

Classical Music Superstore on alibris is similar. They don’t have sales as such, but alibris almost always has a coupon.

Aside from saving a few bucks per order, I think there is value in supporting alternatives to the behemoth.

Ghost of Baron Scarpia

« Reply #1282 on: January 29, 2019, 03:50:01 PM »
In my experience, the nominal prices are usually similar, but their website discounts on shipping for multiple items.

Depends, before the holiday break I picked up the complete Arrau and the Rostropovich/DG for 25% less than on marketplace. But more often than not I agree prices are similar.

Offline JBS

• Veteran member
  • If music be the food of love, play on!
« Reply #1283 on: March 27, 2019, 07:34:28 AM »
For the last several weeks, Arkivmusic has been having problems with its system.  Instock status of items is not reliable, I have received items without being notified of being shipped or charged to my credit card, etc.
The last such was a fairly large order, so I emailed them to let them know that once again I received CDs not yet paid for. 

The response should be of interest to anyone who uses them on a regular basis.

Thank you for contacting us. I do apologize our customers have not been getting email notifications about shipments going out. Also accounts not showing that the orders unshipped. We are in the process of moving our warehouse and updating our system. This is causing delay with the tracking numbers going to our customer's Arkivmusic accounts to be billed and an email sent with tracking information. We are working really hard to get this fixed and updated as fast as we can. If you have any other questions please let us know.

Offline Brian

• Veteran member
    • Brian's blog
« Reply #1284 on: March 27, 2019, 08:15:37 AM »
Thanks, I just placed an order from the Alpha sale of stuff that's mostly out of stock so that is good to know. I'll expect the CDs to arrive some random day in the next few months  :P

Offline JBS

• Veteran member
« Reply #1285 on: March 27, 2019, 11:09:18 AM »
Thanks, I just placed an order from the Alpha sale of stuff that's mostly out of stock so that is good to know. I'll expect the CDs to arrive some random day in the next few months  :P

If their system says "back ordered" assume it will arrive in almost exactly six weeks, the time they give themselves for back orders.

It's the stuff the system says is in stock but is not that gives a problem. 

Offline Brian

• Veteran member
    • Brian's blog
« Reply #1286 on: May 15, 2019, 06:02:34 AM »
Hey Presto Paul, did you guys get rid of "sort results by price"?

Offline Brian

• Veteran member
    • Brian's blog
« Reply #1287 on: June 07, 2019, 06:18:20 PM »
ArkivMusic canceled my order of Salonen Cello Concerto. You know, the brand new major label release that is in stock everywhere.

My girlfriend says "it's cuz they know you have too much music."

Offline JBS

• Veteran member
« Reply #1288 on: June 07, 2019, 06:38:18 PM »
They have yet to decide if they will ever ship the three items on backorder I ordered in March. They did ship a fourth, fortunately the only one I really wanted (Atterberg Double Concerto).

But I noticed something this evening. USPS Informed Delivery  shows shipments from Arkiv as coming from "Alliance Entertainment" in Louisville KY. Import CDs shipped a CD today, which also shows up under "Alliance Entertainment" in Louisville KY.

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Claude Debussy (1862 - 1918)
  • Currently Listening to:
    ...Mist floating above the water...
« Reply #1289 on: June 07, 2019, 06:46:35 PM »
What is going on with ArkivMusic? Are they losing it? Is management in an uproar? Are employees quitting? Something is definitely going on there to have these continuous problems.
“Works of art make rules; rules do not make works of art.” - Claude Debussy

Ghost of Baron Scarpia

« Reply #1290 on: June 07, 2019, 08:21:57 PM »
They have yet to decide if they will ever ship the three items on backorder I ordered in March. They did ship a fourth, fortunately the only one I really wanted (Atterberg Double Concerto).

But I noticed something this evening. USPS Informed Delivery  shows shipments from Arkiv as coming from "Alliance Entertainment" in Louisville KY. Import CDs shipped a CD today, which also shows up under "Alliance Entertainment" in Louisville KY.

They are a big fulfillment service for optical media. I seem to recall other Amazon marketplace sellers that are use them, maybe “blowitoutahere” for instance.

Offline JBS

• Veteran member
« Reply #1291 on: June 08, 2019, 08:28:52 AM »
What is going on with ArkivMusic? Are they losing it? Is management in an uproar? Are employees quitting? Something is definitely going on there to have these continuous problems.

From my POV, it seems to be one basic problem that has been ongoing for quite some time; the computer system doesn't seem to correctly track inventory, so it says some stuff is in stock when it should really show "low stock" or out of stock, so you can order something and not find out it is actually a back order item until the next day (or more, if you order over the weekend). The warehouse move they made caused more problems, but those seem to resolved themselves.