Author Topic: On-line Stores & Sellers  (Read 249192 times)

Offline Opus106

• Veteran member
  • Bachafugaholic
Re: On-line Stores & Sellers
« Reply #700 on: June 07, 2012, 02:13:38 AM »
Hey Brian, look at what MDT (or the hired web devs, rather) has inadvertently let out in the wild: http://mdt.wip.iweb.co.uk/ ! :D (note the 'wip')
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 02:16:39 AM by Opus106 »
Regards,
Navneeth

Offline Opus106

• Veteran member
  • Bachafugaholic
« Reply #701 on: June 14, 2012, 09:53:29 AM »
Apropos to the 'grand opening', I saw this in the e-mail I received:

We can confirm that the new website has been developed on the latest technology, meaning your data can easily be manipulated... [emphasis mine]

By whom? :-\ I'm sure it's well meant, but that doesn't sound comforting.
Regards,
Navneeth

Offline Coopmv

• Veteran member
  • Mein Freund ist mein
« Reply #702 on: June 14, 2012, 04:30:42 PM »
I just realized Presto Classical charged against my credit card as soon as my order was placed last Sunday and my email notification for dispatch was only sent yesterday.  Is this the way Presto works?  Amazon does not charge my credit card until shipment time ...    :-\

eyeresist

« Reply #703 on: June 14, 2012, 05:20:04 PM »
Hello,

Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:

Dmitri Shostakovich, Borodin Quartet "Shostakovich: Complete String Quartets [6 CD]"

We've canceled the item(s) and apologize for the inconvenience. We must also apologize for the length of time it has taken us to reach this conclusion.

I placed my order with Amazon on 26 March (this year).

kishnevi

« Reply #704 on: June 14, 2012, 05:44:00 PM »
I just realized Presto Classical charged against my credit card as soon as my order was placed last Sunday and my email notification for dispatch was only sent yesterday.  Is this the way Presto works?  Amazon does not charge my credit card until shipment time ...    :-\

Yes, and they provide no way of checking order status or tracking an order once shipped.  But I've ordered from them several times, and the only problem turned out to be the joint fault of myself and the USPS, and they were quick and responsive when I needed their help on that.    I prefer using them to MDT. 

If it bothers you (and I can understand it--it's just I'm used to their system by now), order only items that they say will ship in 1 day: I've found those things really do ship those things within 24 hours.  I placed an order a couple of nights ago; the next evening when I checked my email I found a dispatch notification waiting for me.

Offline Coopmv

• Veteran member
  • Mein Freund ist mein
« Reply #705 on: June 17, 2012, 11:52:45 AM »
Yes, and they provide no way of checking order status or tracking an order once shipped.  But I've ordered from them several times, and the only problem turned out to be the joint fault of myself and the USPS, and they were quick and responsive when I needed their help on that.    I prefer using them to MDT. 

If it bothers you (and I can understand it--it's just I'm used to their system by now), order only items that they say will ship in 1 day: I've found those things really do ship those things within 24 hours.  I placed an order a couple of nights ago; the next evening when I checked my email I found a dispatch notification waiting for me.

I would say the average ship time I have experienced with Presto is 4 to 5 business days.  I have never experienced any next-day shipment ...

Offline Coopmv

• Veteran member
  • Mein Freund ist mein
« Reply #706 on: June 17, 2012, 11:54:02 AM »
I placed my order with Amazon on 26 March (this year).

Join the club, as this is the way of Amazon ...   

kishnevi

« Reply #707 on: June 17, 2012, 05:52:56 PM »
I would say the average ship time I have experienced with Presto is 4 to 5 business days.  I have never experienced any next-day shipment ...

There usual method seems to be to ship the whole order at once, and if one item is listed as being available in 4-5 business days, the entire order won't be shipped until that one item is ready to be shipped, even if you check the option that directs them send you the order in partial packages, as soon as the items are available--although there have been exceptions, and if you pre-order a new release, they don't make you wait for that to send out the rest of the order.

It just so happens that this last order consisted of items that were all listed as being available within one day, and were shipped accordingly.

Offline Coopmv

• Veteran member
  • Mein Freund ist mein
« Reply #708 on: June 19, 2012, 03:27:24 PM »
There usual method seems to be to ship the whole order at once, and if one item is listed as being available in 4-5 business days, the entire order won't be shipped until that one item is ready to be shipped, even if you check the option that directs them send you the order in partial packages, as soon as the items are available--although there have been exceptions, and if you pre-order a new release, they don't make you wait for that to send out the rest of the order.

It just so happens that this last order consisted of items that were all listed as being available within one day, and were shipped accordingly.

I prefer to receive the entire order at the same time.  I can wait ...    ;)

Online Papy Oli

• Veteran member
« Reply #709 on: June 20, 2012, 11:29:56 AM »
I have never ordered from a US reseller on Amazon UK (only UK and EU ones) but "All your Music" comes up with the cheapest price on a couple of boxsets I have an eye on.

Their rating is ok. Has anyone in UK/EU had any experience with them before please ?
Olivier

Offline The new erato

• Veteran member
« Reply #710 on: June 22, 2012, 04:04:13 AM »
mdt finally did it. They replaced one of the cleanest looking, easy-to-use, non-resourceful clogging, informative websites in the business with another flashy nightmare.  Now (eg) you cannot search by composer in offerings listings but there are plenty of other small niceties I miss.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 04:07:00 AM by The new erato »

Offline George

• Veteran member
  • Hey Bert!
« Reply #711 on: June 22, 2012, 04:36:55 AM »
mdt finally did it. They replaced one of the cleanest looking, easy-to-use, non-resourceful clogging, informative websites in the business with another flashy nightmare.  Now (eg) you cannot search by composer in offerings listings but there are plenty of other small niceties I miss.

So many other websites have gone that route, it really pisses me off.
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lef├ębure

Offline The new erato

• Veteran member
« Reply #712 on: June 22, 2012, 04:38:31 AM »
A result of form over function, or attentiongrabbing over substance. Just like telly, really.

Offline mc ukrneal

• Veteran member
« Reply #713 on: June 22, 2012, 05:19:49 AM »
Their previous search engine was lousy for my needs, though then again, most of them are. I usually cut and pasted my entries and their old system was not made for that. We'll see if the newer one is any better.
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Offline Brian

• Veteran member
    • Brian's blog
« Reply #714 on: June 22, 2012, 05:21:04 AM »
Their previous search engine was lousy for my needs, though then again, most of them are. I usually cut and pasted my entries and their old system was not made for that. We'll see if the newer one is any better.

Their previous search engine often sorted results by release date, which I found useful when seeing, for instance, what that thing was that came out in January that I wanted to buy but forgot about.  ;D

Offline Coopmv

• Veteran member
  • Mein Freund ist mein
« Reply #715 on: June 23, 2012, 09:08:43 AM »
Just placed my first order on the new MDT website today.  I cannot say the new website is that much better than the old one ...

Offline Coopmv

• Veteran member
  • Mein Freund ist mein
« Reply #716 on: June 24, 2012, 03:55:19 AM »
Have any US members received this email from MDT?  I still see my full shipping and billing addresses intact under My Account tab ...

************************************************************************************************

Dear Customer,

The new MDT website has just launched. Unfortunately due to a technical issue with US state codes we have removed all US addresses. This is to avoid confusion as you would have experienced an issue with the checkout.

Upon placing your next order you will be prompted with the relevant input boxes to re-enter your address details.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Further information about changes to the MDT website can be viewed at http//www.mdt.co.uk/welcome

MDT Mail Order.

MDT.co.uk

kishnevi

« Reply #717 on: June 24, 2012, 08:50:16 AM »
Have any US members received this email from MDT?  I still see my full shipping and billing addresses intact under My Account tab ...

************************************************************************************************

Dear Customer,

The new MDT website has just launched. Unfortunately due to a technical issue with US state codes we have removed all US addresses. This is to avoid confusion as you would have experienced an issue with the checkout.

Upon placing your next order you will be prompted with the relevant input boxes to re-enter your address details.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Further information about changes to the MDT website can be viewed at http//www.mdt.co.uk/welcome

MDT Mail Order.

MDT.co.uk

I got the same email today.  It's been a while since I've ordered from them, and I don't have any immediate plans to order there, so I haven't checked.

Offline Coopmv

• Veteran member
  • Mein Freund ist mein
« Reply #718 on: June 24, 2012, 08:54:31 AM »
I got the same email today.  It's been a while since I've ordered from them, and I don't have any immediate plans to order there, so I haven't checked.

I have no clue as to what that email is trying to tell me.  From what I can see after I have logged in, my addresses have not been deleted.  I did change my password since the new website would not accept any password with 6 or fewer characters ...

kishnevi

« Reply #719 on: June 24, 2012, 10:10:49 AM »
I have no clue as to what that email is trying to tell me.  From what I can see after I have logged in, my addresses have not been deleted.  I did change my password since the new website would not accept any password with 6 or fewer characters ...

You got me curious, so I logged in.

My addresses were wiped out, so at the moment I have no default shipping/billing address with them--which is what the email said would happen.

Perhaps your addresses are there because you have already ordered off the new website?

Alternatively, wait a couple of days, and then check to see if the right hand has gotten around to telling the left hand what it's doing.