Author Topic: On-line Stores & Sellers  (Read 254852 times)

Offline SonicMan46

• Veteran member
Re: On-line Stores & Sellers
« Reply #760 on: December 21, 2012, 08:46:40 AM »
Thanks.  I guess I'll just wait it out since this is a nice 4-CD collection for less than $16.00, including shipping; such as it is.

I order a lot of CDs from the Amazon MP (often single discs/sets & from many different sellers as long as their ratings are in the high 90% range) - the projected 'arrival time' is often wide w/ the outlying date rather long, BUT these usually come much earlier than stated; so, I suspect you may receive the product before that mid-January date - good luck!  Dave :)

Offline Coopmv

• Veteran member
  • Mein Freund ist mein
« Reply #761 on: December 25, 2012, 06:35:40 PM »
Well, today when I checked the mail guess what was there.  Yep - the Zoverstocks shipment.  I suppose they are very conservative with the delivery estimates.  All's well that ends well.

:D

I probably should check out this Amazon UK MarketPlace vendor ...

Offline TheGSMoeller

• Veteran member
  • Monkey Greg
« Reply #762 on: December 25, 2012, 08:33:10 PM »
I've ordered a plenty from Zoverstock, I expect a few weeks for delivery so I'm never disappointed from that aspect, but as far as used discs go I've never had an issue with quality or condition of the disc from them. I would recommend Zoverstock.

Offline k a rl h e nn i ng

• Veteran member
  • Et quid amabo nisi quod ænigma est?
    • Henningmusick
  • Currently Listening to:
    Shostakovich, Frescobaldi, Stravinsky, JS Bach, Liszt, Chopin, Haydn, Henning
« Reply #763 on: December 26, 2012, 06:48:41 AM »
I've always had positive experiences with Zoverstock, as well.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Offline Coopmv

• Veteran member
  • Mein Freund ist mein
« Reply #764 on: December 29, 2012, 09:40:59 AM »
I've ordered a plenty from Zoverstock, I expect a few weeks for delivery so I'm never disappointed from that aspect, but as far as used discs go I've never had an issue with quality or condition of the disc from them. I would recommend Zoverstock.

I just placed my first order with Zoverstock yesterday.  Their delivery estimate is first week of February.  Does it really take that long to get a single CD to the US?    :o

Offline TheGSMoeller

• Veteran member
  • Monkey Greg
« Reply #765 on: December 29, 2012, 09:09:11 PM »
I just placed my first order with Zoverstock yesterday.  Their delivery estimate is first week of February.  Does it really take that long to get a single CD to the US?    :o

No, but it does take a few weeks. Trust me, just forget about the order, going to the mail box then will be like finding a $10 bill in your pants that you didn't know had. It will be a nice treat  ;D

Offline George

• Veteran member
  • Hey Bert!
« Reply #766 on: December 29, 2012, 09:10:20 PM »
No, but it does take a few weeks. Trust me, just forget about the order, going to the mail box then will be like finding a $10 bill in your pants that you didn't know had. It will be a nice treat  ;D

So true.  $:)
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Offline nico1616

« Reply #767 on: December 30, 2012, 10:14:03 AM »
Zoverstocks is slow but you get excellent products most of the time.
I ordered dozens of cds there, and only had two problems. One cd was replaced, the other refunded.
Great customer service but you have to be patient :)
The first half of life is spent in longing for the second, the second half in regretting the first.

Offline Coopmv

• Veteran member
  • Mein Freund ist mein
« Reply #768 on: December 30, 2012, 01:24:13 PM »

It generally takes me no more than 2 weeks to receive my orders from MDT or Presto Classical ...

Offline Coopmv

• Veteran member
  • Mein Freund ist mein
« Reply #769 on: December 31, 2012, 05:52:00 PM »
Is £40.00 for the following set at MDT considered a good price?  Perhaps not ...

Offline mc ukrneal

• Veteran member
« Reply #770 on: December 31, 2012, 06:22:10 PM »
Is £40.00 for the following set at MDT considered a good price?  Perhaps not ...

It usually costs that or more at other sites. Importcds has it for $55+shipping (59.98 if in the US). I don;t know their rates outside the US.
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Offline Coopmv

• Veteran member
  • Mein Freund ist mein
« Reply #771 on: December 31, 2012, 06:58:25 PM »
It usually costs that or more at other sites. Importcds has it for $55+shipping (59.98 if in the US). I don;t know their rates outside the US.

The current exchange rate is £1 = $1.60, so ImportCD's clearly has a better price ...

Offline The new erato

• Veteran member
« Reply #772 on: January 01, 2013, 02:22:12 AM »

I paid around that when I bought it from europadisc in March last year (came to £38 less VAT). Never seen a better price.

Offline Coopmv

• Veteran member
  • Mein Freund ist mein
« Reply #773 on: January 01, 2013, 10:06:27 AM »
I paid around that when I bought it from europadisc in March last year (came to £38 less VAT). Never seen a better price.

Except that teaser price on Amazon, which became "permanently" unavailable in no time ...    ;D

Offline Que

• Global Moderator
« Reply #774 on: January 01, 2013, 12:44:46 PM »

I paid €60 at jpc, which is some £49 - so MDT's offer is not bad at all. Still, if there is a cheaper US offer...

Anyway, I'd recommend the set as such - beautiful! :)

Q

Offline Brian

• Veteran member
    • Brian's blog
« Reply #775 on: January 17, 2013, 04:35:24 PM »
Does anybody know if Hyperion's on-site download prices subtract VAT when you download to the USA?

Offline Octave

• Veteran member
« Reply #776 on: January 17, 2013, 05:53:46 PM »

I got mine for US$53 including shipping from Importcds, during one of their bi-annual 10% off sales.  At the time, it was a much better deal than the other prices I saw, maybe not so much right now.  It's been a marvelous experience listening through it all, worth every penny. 
Help support GMG by purchasing items from Amazon through this link.

Offline JerryS

• Concert Hall, Festival Hill, Round Top TX
    • San Antonio Classical Music Calendar
    Wagner, Mozart, Mahler, Naxos Music Library
« Reply #777 on: January 18, 2013, 08:44:13 AM »
Does anybody know if Hyperion's on-site download prices subtract VAT when you download to the USA?

I bought a download (Bruckner: Symphony No. 7 [FLAC Studio Master (24-bit 96 kHz) Album])  from Hyperion yesterday. My credit card was charged the GBP amount listed on the site using the current conversion rate, 1.60 yesterday. VAT was not mentioned or itemized.

I converted the HD audio files to wav files and burned them to DVD-A using Discwelder Bronze.
Jerry

Offline Coopmv

• Veteran member
  • Mein Freund ist mein
« Reply #778 on: January 19, 2013, 08:31:35 AM »

I just ordered this set yesterday at Amazon US for just under $66 (shipping already included).  There is no advantage of buying the set from across the pond since there is really no price break there for me ...

Offline Gurn Blanston

• Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)
  • Global Moderator
  • Support your local Haydn Society
    • Gurn's Haydn Blog
    Haydn, I reckon.
« Reply #779 on: January 20, 2013, 09:55:11 AM »
Has anyone else got one of these yet?

Dear Gurn,
We thought you'd like to know that eligible songs from "Dvorak: Symphonic Works" by Antonin Dvorak, a CD you purchased in 2012, are being added to your Cloud Player library. This means that high-quality MP3 versions of these songs are available for you to play or download from Cloud Player for FREE. You can find your songs in the "Purchased" playlist. Please note that some songs from the above CD are not eligible for this feature and may not be available in your Cloud Player library.

In addition, we're excited to announce AutoRip. Now when you buy any CD with the  logo, all songs from the MP3 version of that album will instantly be delivered to your Amazon Cloud Player library for FREE.

I don't know to what extent I am going to make use of this. I found it interesting though. So if I buy a disk direct from Amazon, they will rip it and stick the MP3's into the mythical "cloud" for me. Free, of course.    :-\

8)
Help support GMG by purchasing from Amazon using this link

Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Follow me on Twitter @GurnBlanston106