Author Topic: Missing Members  (Read 203682 times)

Offline North Star

• Veteran member
Re: Missing Members
« Reply #1860 on: November 30, 2017, 04:41:31 AM »
And what happened to Octave?
And where is Octave...?      :(
Haven't seen him here for a long time!
As I understand it, a combination of other interests and the need to keep to his CD buying budget made it prudent to stay away from the temptations on offer here.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Offline Marc

• Veteran member
  • Sine Cerere et Bach friget Venus
« Reply #1861 on: December 05, 2017, 03:24:37 AM »
I miss Scarpia.
Help support the GMG Classical Music Forum by purchasing from Amazon using this link, this link, or this link

Offline (: premont :)

• Veteran member
« Reply #1862 on: December 05, 2017, 03:54:15 AM »
I miss Scarpia.

So do i - and I also miss Jochanaan.
Tiden læger alle sår,
heldigt nok at tiden går.

Offline Florestan

• Veteran member
  • Mihai, King of Romania (1921 - 2017)
« Reply #1863 on: December 05, 2017, 05:25:36 AM »
I miss Scarpia.

I do hope he'll reconsider his decision (frankly, I cannot understand why people abruptly delete their accounts because of a controversy on an internet board). I was mostly in disagreement with him on extra-musical topics but I valued his input on music and recordings.

Regele şi Patria!

Offline The new erato

• Veteran member
« Reply #1864 on: December 05, 2017, 05:43:25 AM »
I do hope he'll reconsider his decision (frankly, I cannot understand why people abruptly delete their accounts because of a controversy on an internet board). I was mostly in disagreement with him on extra-musical topics but I valued his input on music and recordings.
When did this happen and on what thread if I may ask? A deplorable loss for the forum.

Offline Cato

• Veteran member
  • An American Hero!
« Reply #1865 on: December 05, 2017, 05:44:20 AM »
John of Scotland again is M.I.A.

...and I also miss Jochanaan.

Amen!  0:)  Was he one of our Finnish members?
"Now who taught ye t' be playin' patty fingers in the holy water?"

- Barry Fitzgerald to John Wayne in  The Quiet Man.

Offline Florestan

• Veteran member
« Reply #1866 on: December 05, 2017, 05:50:52 AM »
When did this happen and on what thread if I may ask?

It happened last night (my time), in the James Levine thread yet the debate was over Jansons's comments. I was one of the (few) people who disagreed with him, but I wouldn't have imagined, let alone wish, he'd delete his account.

Regele şi Patria!

Online k a rl h e nn i ng

• Veteran member
  • Et quid amabo nisi quod ænigma est?
    • Henningmusick
  • Currently Listening to:
    Shostakovich, Frescobaldi, Stravinsky, JS Bach, Liszt, Chopin, Haydn, Henning
« Reply #1867 on: December 05, 2017, 05:51:06 AM »
Amen!  0:)  Was he one of our Finnish members?

Nay, a Coloradan.  He's fairly active on Facebook; which is not to say that we do not miss him here  0:)
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Offline North Star

• Veteran member
« Reply #1868 on: December 05, 2017, 05:51:39 AM »
When did this happen and on what thread if I may ask? A deplorable loss for the forum.
The #metoo (aka James Levine) thread. And yes, no grounds for leaving, really.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Offline Baron Scarpia

« Reply #1869 on: December 13, 2017, 12:26:33 AM »
I'm surprised to see my departure lamented. In any case, I did not decide to leave in a fit of pique over James Levine or female conductors. Closer to the truth to say it was disappointment in myself for allowing the board to consume so much of my time and energy, when I have many pressing problems in my life that I lack time to resolve. Anyway, I have allowed myself to return because I found myself missing a place to post "I listened to recording x and it was very fine/was awful." I will endeavour to limit myself to such posts in the future.

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Ralph Vaughan Williams (1872 - 1958)
    The lark ascending into the horizon
« Reply #1870 on: December 13, 2017, 05:37:58 PM »
Personally, I never understood why people leave over bickering and such. It’s not worth the headache, folks. I have found that it’s much easier to ignore the offender(s), then confront them head-on, which doesn’t always mean that there’s going to be a resolution. In any event, I’m glad to see Scarpia back at the helm.
"In the next world, I shan't be doing music, with all the striving and disappointments. I shall be being it.” - Ralph Vaughan Williams

Offline Cato

• Veteran member
  • An American Hero!
« Reply #1871 on: December 13, 2017, 05:48:10 PM »
I'm surprised to see my departure lamented. In any case, I did not decide to leave in a fit of pique over James Levine or female conductors. Closer to the truth to say it was disappointment in myself for allowing the board to consume so much of my time and energy, when I have many pressing problems in my life that I lack time to resolve. Anyway, I have allowed myself to return because I found myself missing a place to post "I listened to recording x and it was very fine/was awful." I will endeavour to limit myself to such posts in the future.

Best Wishes on solving those problems! 
"Now who taught ye t' be playin' patty fingers in the holy water?"

- Barry Fitzgerald to John Wayne in  The Quiet Man.

• Veteran member
    • Henningmusick
« Reply #1872 on: December 14, 2017, 04:38:19 AM »

Welcome back!  Good solving to you!  :)
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Offline San Antonio

• Veteran member
« Reply #1873 on: December 14, 2017, 05:31:00 AM »

Along with the others I too am happy to see you return and hope your current difficulties are resolved.  I can also relate to your sentiment about posting only in the music listening threads.  In any event, I wish you a most hearty welcome back!

:)

Offline Baron Scarpia

« Reply #1874 on: December 14, 2017, 08:05:08 AM »
Best Wishes on solving those problems!

Welcome back!  Good solving to you!  :)

Along with the others I too am happy to see you return and hope your current difficulties are resolved.  I can also relate to your sentiment about posting only in the music listening threads.  In any event, I wish you a most hearty welcome back!

:)

I made it sound as though I just can't put off solving that Rubik's cube any longer.  :)  What I really mean is my family needs my full attention.

Offline André

• Veteran member
« Reply #1875 on: December 14, 2017, 08:18:51 AM »
That’s hugely commendable of you. Your priorities are right where they should be.

Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones !

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Ralph Vaughan Williams (1872 - 1958)
    The lark ascending into the horizon
« Reply #1876 on: December 14, 2017, 07:40:40 PM »
What I really mean is my family needs my full attention.

This is certainly the most important in any of our lives (if we’re fortunate enough to have family members to share our lives with). Best of luck to you and I do wish you and your family well.
"In the next world, I shan't be doing music, with all the striving and disappointments. I shall be being it.” - Ralph Vaughan Williams

Offline Florestan

• Veteran member
« Reply #1877 on: Today at 03:35:14 AM »

Welcome back! I'm really glad you returned! Best wishes to you and your family!
Regele şi Patria!

Offline Marc

• Veteran member
  • Sine Cerere et Bach friget Venus
« Reply #1878 on: Today at 07:57:41 AM »

And ur a Baron again?

Welcome back from Marquis Marc. :)
Help support the GMG Classical Music Forum by purchasing from Amazon using this link, this link, or this link

• Veteran member
    • Henningmusick
« Reply #1879 on: Today at 07:59:05 AM »
King Karl?

Naaaaaaah.....
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK