Author Topic: Missing Members  (Read 295398 times)

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Claude Debussy (1862 - 1918)
  • Currently Listening to:
    ...mist floating above the lake...
Re: Missing Members
« Reply #2180 on: February 04, 2019, 09:53:16 PM »
Has anyone seen Dancing Divertimentian lately? I miss him a lot. He’s a hell of a nice guy and has shown me nothing but patience and kindness. He and I also share a lot of the same musical interests, so that’s also a nice little bonus. 8)
“Works of art make rules; rules do not make works of art.” - Claude Debussy

Offline Ghost of Baron Scarpia

• Veteran member
« Reply #2181 on: February 04, 2019, 10:41:03 PM »
Has anyone seen Dancing Divertimentian lately? I miss him a lot. He’s a hell of a nice guy and has shown me nothing but patience and kindness. He and I also share a lot of the same musical interests, so that’s also a nice little bonus. 8)

I looked at his profile. He hasn't posted since November, but he was "active" today (lurking?). Just not paying attention to music these days, perhaps.
There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
« Reply #2182 on: February 04, 2019, 11:01:48 PM »
I looked at his profile. He hasn't posted since November, but he was "active" today (lurking?). Just not paying attention to music these days, perhaps.

I believe the lurking part, but have trouble believing the not paying attention to music part. :)

Offline Alek Hidell

Jazz and classical
« Reply #2183 on: February 05, 2019, 08:02:17 PM »
I've been pretty scarce around these parts lately myself (though I'm sure I'm not enough of a veteran - or a contrarian ;) - to have been missed), but I have to say I'm glad to see M.I. back. I knew it would happen eventually, and I'm glad it finally has. :)

Yeah, and where is Dancing Divertimentian?
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." - Hélder Pessoa Câmara

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
« Reply #2184 on: February 05, 2019, 08:07:48 PM »
I've been pretty scarce around these parts lately myself (though I'm sure I'm not enough of a veteran - or a contrarian ;) - to have been missed), but I have to say I'm glad to see M.I. back. I knew it would happen eventually, and I'm glad it finally has. :)

Yeah, and where is Dancing Divertimentian?

Thank you very much, Alex! It’s great to see you, too. Yep, you can’t stray very far once classical music has become ingrained in your mind and soul. 8)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 08:26:06 PM by Mirror Image »

Offline Brian

• Veteran member
    • Brian's blog
« Reply #2185 on: February 06, 2019, 07:12:19 AM »
Dancing Divertimentian lives a few miles away and met me in person one time (I was buying a couple CDs). Maybe I should throw a paper airplane in his direction...

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
« Reply #2186 on: February 06, 2019, 07:23:33 AM »
Dancing Divertimentian lives a few miles away and met me in person one time (I was buying a couple CDs). Maybe I should throw a paper airplane in his direction...

That would be cool. 8)

Offline JBS

• Veteran member
  • If music be the food of love, play on!
« Reply #2187 on: February 22, 2019, 12:15:40 PM »
Has anyone heard from Zamyrabird recently?  Her profile shows her to have last visited GMG on Feb 7.

Offline k a rl h e nn i ng

• Veteran member
  • Et quid amabo nisi quod ænigma est?
    • Henningmusick
    Shostakovich, Frescobaldi, Stravinsky, JS Bach, Liszt, Chopin, Haydn, Henning
« Reply #2188 on: February 22, 2019, 03:47:54 PM »
Has anyone heard from Zamyrabird recently?  Her profile shows her to have last visited GMG on Feb 7.

I'll reach out
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
« Reply #2189 on: February 25, 2019, 02:29:30 PM »
I still really miss Dancing Divertimentian. He’s my Debussy buddy (along with Rafael).

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
« Reply #2190 on: March 02, 2019, 08:52:42 AM »
Anyone know what happened to Peter (Moonfish)?

Offline vandermolen

• Veteran member
« Reply #2191 on: March 05, 2019, 01:23:41 PM »
Aligreto seems to have gone a bit quiet. I enjoy his contributions and our communications. Hope all is ok.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

Offline Irons

« Reply #2192 on: March 05, 2019, 02:20:30 PM »
Aligreto seems to have gone a bit quiet. I enjoy his contributions and our communications. Hope all is ok.

Likewise. He came over as a nice chap, and as a fellow enthusiast of the LP record it's a bit lonely with him not being around.

And behind the slime and the croaking there was , sure enough, like an old master beneath a layer of dirt, the noble outline of that divine music. - Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf.

Offline (: premont :)

• Veteran member
« Reply #2193 on: March 05, 2019, 02:23:41 PM »
GORDO has also been missing for some time.
Tiden læger alle sår,
heldigt nok at tiden går.

Offline Christo

• Veteran member
  • ... an opening of those magic casements ...
« Reply #2194 on: March 05, 2019, 02:46:43 PM »
+1
… music is not only an `entertainment’, nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

Offline vandermolen

• Veteran member
« Reply #2195 on: March 05, 2019, 03:19:35 PM »
Likewise. He came over as a nice chap, and as a fellow enthusiast of the LP record it's a bit lonely with him not being around.
+1 hope he returns soon.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

Offline NikF4

« Reply #2196 on: March 07, 2019, 04:11:06 AM »
aligreto is a good guy and good contributor and I'll always be grateful for his patience when trying to help me listen to Bruckner.
I've mentioned before the fact that Bogey is missed - and not just because he once gave a great plaudit to one of my photos when usually I don't give a sh*t about such matters. ;D
James - it seemed that going with the flow (or at least being seen to do so) was of little concern to him. A rare quality.
Spineur appears to have left the forum but was an interesting poster. I remember him using the term 'grazing incidence' when discussing an artwork and immediately thinking 'He understands how to look at stuff and therefore knows where it's at'.  8)

Anyway, I hope they're all happy and healthy. :)
You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

Offline vandermolen

• Veteran member
« Reply #2197 on: March 07, 2019, 02:27:47 PM »
aligreto is a good guy and good contributor and I'll always be grateful for his patience when trying to help me listen to Bruckner.
I've mentioned before the fact that Bogey is missed - and not just because he once gave a great plaudit to one of my photos when usually I don't give a sh*t about such matters. ;D
James - it seemed that going with the flow (or at least being seen to do so) was of little concern to him. A rare quality.
Spineur appears to have left the forum but was an interesting poster. I remember him using the term 'grazing incidence' when discussing an artwork and immediately thinking 'He understands how to look at stuff and therefore knows where it's at'.  8)

+1 from me.

Offline Christo

• Veteran member
  • ... an opening of those magic casements ...
« Reply #2198 on: March 08, 2019, 01:04:06 AM »

+ me, am missing all three.
… music is not only an `entertainment’, nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

Offline Musician

• Me and Dawn Upshaw - :)
« Reply #2199 on: March 19, 2019, 02:50:45 AM »
I have not been here for a few yeas because I had nothing to post and then I forgot I was even a member here.  I found this site again by accident googling Dawn Upshaw not that I am a fan anymore but I was curious what she was up to now