Author Topic: Missing Members  (Read 377950 times)

Online vandermolen

• Silver Subscriber
Re: Missing Members
« Reply #2240 on: May 03, 2019, 12:22:03 PM »
I haven’t seen NikF in awhile. I hope he’s doing okay. Hopefully, he’ll be back soon. I still, also, lament Dancing Divertimentian. I hope he returns at some point.
+1
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

Offline aligreto

• Veteran member
« Reply #2241 on: May 04, 2019, 02:05:05 AM »
NikF occasionally takes time out to do his thing. I am sure that he will return at some point.
The ability to talk comes with knowledge. The ability to listen comes with wisdom.

Offline André

• Veteran member
« Reply #2242 on: May 04, 2019, 04:48:59 AM »
Where is Draško:(

Offline Alek Hidell

• Currently Listening to:
    Jazz and classical
« Reply #2243 on: May 05, 2019, 01:53:57 PM »
I have not been here for a few yeas because I had nothing to post and then I forgot I was even a member here.  I found this site again by accident googling Dawn Upshaw not that I am a fan anymore but I was curious what she was up to now

Well, welcome back, Musician! Are you in fact a musician. and if so, what do you play?
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." - Hélder Pessoa Câmara

Offline Que

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2244 on: May 05, 2019, 09:28:23 PM »
NikF occasionally takes time out to do his thing. I am sure that he will return at some point.

He dropped by a while ago, I'm sure he wil be back again.  :)

Q

Offline springrite

• Veteran member
    Lots of Bach, Brian, Mahler, Rubbra, Beethoven and Buddhist chants
« Reply #2245 on: May 05, 2019, 09:34:24 PM »
Occasionally we do forget that most people here (not necessarily everyone) do have a life.
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Offline Marc

• Veteran member
  • Sine Cerere et Bach friget Venus
« Reply #2246 on: May 15, 2019, 01:33:51 AM »
I'm not much around on GMG either (apparently I have a life ;)), but I noticed that Traverso recently deleted his account. That's a pity. :(
Help support the GMG Classical Music Forum by purchasing from Amazon using this link, this link, or this link

Offline "Harry"

• Veteran member
  • Don't waste your energy trying to convince people.
« Reply #2247 on: May 15, 2019, 01:48:13 AM »
I'm not much around on GMG either (apparently I have a life ;)), but I noticed that Traverso recently deleted his account. That's a pity. :(

I was already wondering about his inactivity. Well over the many years I have been on GMG, many took the same road out, and eventually came back after a while. Lets hope our Dutch friend does the same. I know he lives in Groningen, but have no clue where, otherwise I might ask him why he left,
There comes a point in your life when you realize: Who matters, Who never did, Who won't anymore, And who always will. So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

Offline Marc

• Veteran member
  • Sine Cerere et Bach friget Venus
« Reply #2248 on: May 15, 2019, 01:53:03 AM »
I was already wondering about his inactivity. Well over the many years I have been on GMG, many took the same road out, and eventually came back after a while. Lets hope our Dutch friend does the same. I know he lives in Groningen, but have no clue where, otherwise I might ask him why he left,

Well, of course it doesn't matter where one lives in Groningen. It's The City of Cities anyway. :)
Help support the GMG Classical Music Forum by purchasing from Amazon using this link, this link, or this link

Offline aligreto

• Veteran member
« Reply #2249 on: May 15, 2019, 06:46:56 AM »

I did notice his inactivity but I had not realized that he had deleted his account. That is a shame and I will miss him. I do hope that he and his family are all well.
The ability to talk comes with knowledge. The ability to listen comes with wisdom.

Ghost of Baron Scarpia

« Reply #2250 on: May 15, 2019, 07:03:47 AM »
Traverso was a congenial, wise and knowledgeable presence. The last person you would want to see go.  :(

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Claude Debussy (1862 - 1918)
    ...Mist floating above the water...
« Reply #2251 on: May 15, 2019, 11:41:31 AM »
Wow...Traverso is gone?!?!? Unfathomable and a real pity. I enjoyed his contributions a lot. He and I shared a commonality amongst composers.
“Works of art make rules; rules do not make works of art.” - Claude Debussy

Online vandermolen

• Silver Subscriber
« Reply #2252 on: May 17, 2019, 10:19:42 PM »
I did notice his inactivity but I had not realized that he had deleted his account. That is a shame and I will miss him. I do hope that he and his family are all well.
+1
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

NikF4

« Reply #2253 on: May 18, 2019, 03:34:47 PM »
I haven’t seen NikF in awhile. I hope he’s doing okay. Hopefully, he’ll be back soon. I still, also, lament Dancing Divertimentian. I hope he returns at some point.

+1

Thank you, Gentlemen.
Yeah, I came back up the road on Friday to attend the Leonskaja/Brahms D minor season closer (wonderful throughout - and in the adagio full and romantic and warm but no pushover) although soon it's back to business - or as aligreto accurately identified it 'taking time out to do my thing'.
Enjoy your listening and take it easy.

Offline k a rl h e nn i ng

• Veteran member
  • Et quid amabo nisi quod ænigma est?
    • Henningmusick
    Shostakovich, Frescobaldi, Stravinsky, JS Bach, Liszt, Chopin, Haydn, Henning
« Reply #2254 on: May 18, 2019, 05:09:58 PM »
Thank you, Gentlemen.
Yeah, I came back up the road on Friday to attend the Leonskaja/Brahms D minor season closer (wonderful throughout - and in the adagio full and romantic and warm but no pushover) although soon it's back to business - or as aligreto accurately identified it 'taking time out to do my thing'.

Carry on...
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Claude Debussy (1862 - 1918)
    ...Mist floating above the water...
« Reply #2255 on: May 18, 2019, 06:45:29 PM »
Thank you, Gentlemen.

Good to see you’re alright, Nik. I hope things are continuing to get better for you.
“Works of art make rules; rules do not make works of art.” - Claude Debussy

Online Mandryka

• Veteran member
« Reply #2256 on: May 18, 2019, 08:30:07 PM »

I hope he’s well, and that no one has offended him.
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Offline aligreto

• Veteran member
« Reply #2257 on: May 18, 2019, 11:16:30 PM »

You too.

Offline (: premont :)

• Veteran member
« Reply #2258 on: May 19, 2019, 03:19:04 AM »

I hope he’s well, and that no one has offended him.

He (Traverso) has been a regular poster at TC for some years under the username Traverso. But around the time he established an account at GMG, he changed his username at TC to Bourdon. He is still posting at TC under that name, latest post to day, so I suppose he is well.
Tiden læger alle sår,
heldigt nok at tiden går.

Offline Florestan

• Veteran member
« Reply #2259 on: May 19, 2019, 04:46:03 AM »
He (Traverso) has been a regular poster at TC for some years under the username Traverso. But around the time he established an account at GMG, he changed his username at TC to Bourdon. He is still posting at TC under that name, latest post to day, so I suppose he is well.

IIRC, his posts were strictly about the music he listened to so there's little chance he could have been involved in a nasty controversy.

I compose music because I must give expression to my feelings, just as I talk because I must give utterance to my thoughts. --- Rachmaninoff