Author Topic: Missing Members  (Read 290693 times)

Offline vandermolen

• Veteran member
Re: Missing Members
« Reply #2200 on: March 07, 2019, 02:27:47 PM »
aligreto is a good guy and good contributor and I'll always be grateful for his patience when trying to help me listen to Bruckner.
I've mentioned before the fact that Bogey is missed - and not just because he once gave a great plaudit to one of my photos when usually I don't give a sh*t about such matters. ;D
James - it seemed that going with the flow (or at least being seen to do so) was of little concern to him. A rare quality.
Spineur appears to have left the forum but was an interesting poster. I remember him using the term 'grazing incidence' when discussing an artwork and immediately thinking 'He understands how to look at stuff and therefore knows where it's at'.  8)

Anyway, I hope they're all happy and healthy. :)
+1 from me.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

Online Christo

• Veteran member
  • ... an opening of those magic casements ...
« Reply #2201 on: March 08, 2019, 01:04:06 AM »
aligreto is a good guy and good contributor and I'll always be grateful for his patience when trying to help me listen to Bruckner.
I've mentioned before the fact that Bogey is missed - and not just because he once gave a great plaudit to one of my photos when usually I don't give a sh*t about such matters. ;D
James - it seemed that going with the flow (or at least being seen to do so) was of little concern to him. A rare quality.
Spineur appears to have left the forum but was an interesting poster. I remember him using the term 'grazing incidence' when discussing an artwork and immediately thinking 'He understands how to look at stuff and therefore knows where it's at'.  8)

Anyway, I hope they're all happy and healthy. :)
+ me, am missing all three.
… music is not only an `entertainment’, nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

Offline Musician

• Me and Dawn Upshaw - :)
« Reply #2202 on: March 19, 2019, 02:50:45 AM »
I have not been here for a few yeas because I had nothing to post and then I forgot I was even a member here.  I found this site again by accident googling Dawn Upshaw not that I am a fan anymore but I was curious what she was up to now

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Claude Debussy (1862 - 1918)
  • Currently Listening to:
    ...mist floating above the lake...
« Reply #2203 on: March 19, 2019, 07:42:42 AM »
I have not been here for a few yeas because I had nothing to post and then I forgot I was even a member here.  I found this site again by accident googling Dawn Upshaw not that I am a fan anymore but I was curious what she was up to now

I still think Upshaw is one of the greatest voices in classical music. I wish she had done more Debussy and Ravel, though. It’d be quite interesting to hear her in Ravel’s Chansons madécasses for example. I’m also rather salivating at the thought of her in Szymanowski’s King Roger or his Litany to the Virgin Mary.
“I love music passionately. And because I love it, I try to free it from barren traditions that stifle it.” - Claude Debussy

Offline vandermolen

• Veteran member
« Reply #2204 on: March 19, 2019, 09:53:22 AM »
Good to see you back here anyway.
 :)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

Offline k a rl h e nn i ng

• Veteran member
  • Et quid amabo nisi quod ænigma est?
    • Henningmusick
    Shostakovich, Frescobaldi, Stravinsky, JS Bach, Liszt, Chopin, Haydn, Henning
« Reply #2205 on: March 19, 2019, 03:32:07 PM »

Welcome back!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Offline Musician

• Me and Dawn Upshaw - :)
« Reply #2206 on: March 19, 2019, 04:09:05 PM »
Thanks.   Nowadays I post on the ABRSM forum.  I now play the flute or rather am learning

Offline k a rl h e nn i ng

• Veteran member
  • Et quid amabo nisi quod ænigma est?
    • Henningmusick
    Shostakovich, Frescobaldi, Stravinsky, JS Bach, Liszt, Chopin, Haydn, Henning
« Reply #2207 on: March 19, 2019, 04:38:55 PM »
Thanks.   Nowadays I post on the ABRSM forum.  I now play the flute or rather am learning

Cool, I just finished a piece for flute, viola & harp
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot