Author Topic: Proposal for an adaption of section layout  (Read 5414 times)

Offline mc ukrneal

• Veteran member
Re: Proposal for an adaption of section layout
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2013, 03:24:37 AM »
But usually it's easier to find a specific topic using the search - not always, though, because the search doesn't work perfectly - or the composer index.
Really? I depend on Nav for searching, because I can never find much of anything with the search function here. That's why I rather like the suggestion myself. But we don't seem to like change here much.
Offenbach gets a raw deal in recordings considering his talent! For a discussion of this outstanding composer too little recorded: http://www.good-music-guide.com/community/index.php/topic,5572.

Offline North Star

• Veteran member
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2013, 03:46:01 AM »
Really? I depend on Nav for searching, because I can never find much of anything with the search function here. That's why I rather like the suggestion myself. But we don't seem to like change here much.
Hmm. I guess it could help finding some things, particularly threads that aren't of a single composer. I guess it could also stop John from spitting venom in threads of pre-19th C. music.  8)
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Offline Sammy

• Veteran member
  • Currently Listening to:
    Bach and Weinberg
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2013, 09:08:31 AM »
I remember that Henk took issue with the layout quite a few months ago, feeling that threads he started got insufficient response because of the format.  Perhaps he should consider the possibility that response was low due to low interest.  I recall starting a few threads I thought were very interesting that received minimal response for the simple reason that other members didn't share my interest.  That's just the way it goes.

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK