Author Topic: Purchases Today  (Read 1829591 times)

Offline Alek Hidell

• Currently Listening to:
    Jazz and classical
Re: Purchases Today
« Reply #21840 on: September 19, 2018, 06:02:24 PM »
I've always had this disc on my radar, but never knew that Schnittke performs the prepared piano part on Tabula Rasa.

His only recording as a performer, IIRC.

TD: This one is on its way to me from across the pond (Amazon UK marketplace). Found it at a not-altogether-unreasonable price (£66 incl. shipping) so I pounced. Hat tip to Traverso!

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." - Hélder Pessoa Câmara

Offline JBS

• If music be the food of love, play on!
« Reply #21841 on: September 19, 2018, 06:17:28 PM »

TD: This one is on its way to me from across the pond (Amazon UK marketplace). Found it at a not-altogether-unreasonable price (£66 incl. shipping) so I pounced. Hat tip to Traverso!

An excellent box. Good deal of music not readily available elsewhere. And it has the only recording of Marteau san Maitre I actually like.

Offline Alek Hidell

• Currently Listening to:
    Jazz and classical
« Reply #21842 on: September 19, 2018, 06:27:23 PM »
An excellent box. Good deal of music not readily available elsewhere. And it has the only recording of Marteau san Maitre I actually like.

Thanks for the endorsement, Jeffrey! Good to know. I sampled a little bit and liked what I heard - and this is an area I'm interested in anyway, so I'm glad to have found a copy. (The one available copy on Amazon US is $395! ::) ???)
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." - Hélder Pessoa Câmara

Offline Omicron9

« Reply #21843 on: September 20, 2018, 12:23:00 AM »
I will. Might take some time, as the box sits unopened on a table  :P . Other members thought quite highly of this set.

Cool; thanks!  :)
"Signature-line free since 2017!"

Offline Traverso

• Veteran member
« Reply #21844 on: September 20, 2018, 12:56:15 AM »

Congratulations, I think that you are Lucky, I have also  seen it for 600 euro.
I hope you will enjoy it.  ;)

Offline Traverso

• Veteran member
« Reply #21845 on: September 20, 2018, 03:54:38 AM »
Louis Couperin

I can't resist purchasing this beautiful sounded cembalo recording.  I bought mine for 12.90 euro  ;)

Offline André

• Veteran member
« Reply #21846 on: September 20, 2018, 04:14:43 AM »

Offline "Harry"

• Veteran member
« Reply #21847 on: September 20, 2018, 11:18:47 PM »
I have ordered Albert Seay's, "Arcadelt's complete works" today, in the collection Corpus Mensurabilis Musicae"", from the American Institute of Musicology which was published between 1967-70. What I understand is,  that it provides introductory articles about the works and their sources.
I look forward to it.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Aristotle.

When we meet real tragedy in life, we can react in two ways - either by losing hope and falling into self-destructive habits, or by using the challenge to find our inner strength.

Don't Like These Ads? Become a GMG Subscriber!
For as little as 14 cents per day, subscribers get no advertising on the forum, a larger Inbox for your PM's, and a warm glow of knowing you are supporting the forum. All this and a groovy Subscriber badge too!
Click here to read more.