Author Topic: Purchases Today  (Read 2071575 times)

Offline "Harry"

• Veteran member
  • Don't waste your energy trying to convince people.
Re: Purchases Today
« Reply #22960 on: February 17, 2019, 07:37:12 AM »
These Ricercar Boxes are lowered in price, so for a mere 3 euros per CD it's an attractive offer, thus I ordered.
There comes a point in your life when you realize: Who matters, Who never did, Who won't anymore, And who always will. So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

Offline "Harry"

• Veteran member
« Reply #22961 on: February 17, 2019, 07:39:10 AM »
And a few more from Audite and Arcana, and Delphian.

There comes a point in your life when you realize: Who matters, Who never did, Who won't anymore, And who always will. So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

Offline "Harry"

• Veteran member
« Reply #22962 on: February 17, 2019, 07:41:11 AM »
And a few more...

Offline (: premont :)

• Veteran member
« Reply #22963 on: February 17, 2019, 08:04:01 AM »
And a few more...

Gnann's Stylus phantasticus CD is rather good, but I was not that impressed by Martin Neu's Spanish CD - partly because of the programming.
Tiden læger alle sår,
heldigt nok at tiden går.

Offline "Harry"

• Veteran member
« Reply #22964 on: February 17, 2019, 08:30:27 AM »
Gnann's Stylus phantasticus CD is rather good, but I was not that impressed by Martin Neu's Spanish CD - partly because of the programming.

Same impression here, Gnann is very impressive, and a organ that sounded quite good to my ears. The programming on Neu's disc was not entirely to my liking, but for 4 euro's I was ready to accept that.

Offline Mandryka

• Veteran member
« Reply #22965 on: February 17, 2019, 08:38:07 AM »
Same impression here, Gnann is very impressive, and a organ that sounded quite good to my ears. The programming on Neu's disc was not entirely to my liking, but for 4 euro's I was ready to accept that.

There's one Neu did with some Pachelbel magnificats -- in alternatim with someone singing a magnificat -- which I liked a lot. Haven't heard Gnann as far as I remember.
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Offline akebergv

« Reply #22966 on: February 17, 2019, 08:43:04 AM »
These Ricercar Boxes are lowered in price, so for a mere 3 euros per CD it's an attractive offer, thus I ordered.

Like the Savall CD "books" from Alia Vox, these Ricercar book boxes combine scholarship and performance in an exemplary way. I have collected most of them in the past years and am continually impressed with the quality of all aspects of their production.

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Ralph Vaughan Williams (1872 - 1958)
  • Currently Listening to:
    The lark ascending into the distant horizon
« Reply #22967 on: February 17, 2019, 08:46:32 AM »
Just bought some Håkon Austbø recordings I’ve been drooling over:

« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 08:48:12 AM by Mirror Image »
“In the next world, I shan't be doing music, with all the striving and disappointments. I shall be being it.” - Ralph Vaughan Williams

Offline "Harry"

• Veteran member
« Reply #22968 on: February 17, 2019, 08:46:40 AM »
Like the Savall CD "books" from Alia Vox, these Ricercar book boxes combine scholarship and performance in an exemplary way. I have collected most of them in the past years and am continually impressed with the quality of all aspects of their production.

All true! :)

Offline Todd

• Veteran member
« Reply #22969 on: February 17, 2019, 09:03:17 AM »

Hat tip to Jeffrey.  The Warner sale at Arkiv has Crazy Eddie crazy prices.  Better.  I finally picked up Furtwangler's Italian Ring for a price I like - $15.  I had to limit myself.  I'll have a stack of new recordings to last me into the summer.
The universe is change; life is opinion.   Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Offline JBS

• Veteran member
  • If music be the food of love, play on!
« Reply #22970 on: February 17, 2019, 10:58:03 AM »
Most of this was off Arkivmusic's Warner clearance.  The first three pages of sixteen pages of listings....I'll go back later to look through the next batch...

The two that were not...

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
« Reply #22971 on: February 17, 2019, 11:10:09 AM »
Just bought:

Love Piau’s voice and I’ve warmed up to Degout considerably thanks in large part to the sumptuous recordings he made on Harmonia Mundi of Debussy’s mélodies.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 11:13:03 AM by Mirror Image »
“In the next world, I shan't be doing music, with all the striving and disappointments. I shall be being it.” - Ralph Vaughan Williams

Offline André

• Veteran member
« Reply #22972 on: February 17, 2019, 01:36:35 PM »
@ JBS: Not purchased, but curious about this:

When I started collecting records in the mid seventies, these Fritz Werner performances were considered hopelessly passé, with plodding tempi, gooey phrasing, braying choruses etc. Harnoncourt, Leonhardt and their Telefunken boxes with scores were all the rage. Then came one-voice-to-a-part experimentations (the famous Rifkin b minor Mass) etc.

Last year I purchased the Fritz Lehmann Christmas Oratorio from the fifties and found it impressive. Time for a reassessment ?

Offline Richard

« Reply #22973 on: February 17, 2019, 03:08:38 PM »

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." — Berthold Auerbach

Offline Todd

• Veteran member
« Reply #22974 on: February 17, 2019, 03:13:02 PM »
The universe is change; life is opinion.   Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
« Reply #22975 on: February 17, 2019, 03:28:21 PM »
Personally, I didn’t see anything worthwhile from the Warner Arkiv sale. Too bad as the prices were most enticing indeed.

Online PerfectWagnerite

• Veteran member
« Reply #22976 on: February 17, 2019, 04:20:09 PM »
Personally, I didn’t see anything worthwhile from the Warner Arkiv sale. Too bad as the prices were most enticing indeed.
i got my eyes on the Endellion BEETHOVEN set.

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
« Reply #22977 on: February 17, 2019, 04:23:49 PM »
i got my eyes on the Endellion BEETHOVEN set.

I should’ve said worthwhile TO ME. ;)

Offline JBS

• Veteran member
  • If music be the food of love, play on!
« Reply #22978 on: February 17, 2019, 04:25:51 PM »
@ JBS: Not purchased, but curious about this:

When I started collecting records in the mid seventies, these Fritz Werner performances were considered hopelessly passé, with plodding tempi, gooey phrasing, braying choruses etc. Harnoncourt, Leonhardt and their Telefunken boxes with scores were all the rage. Then came one-voice-to-a-part experimentations (the famous Rifkin b minor Mass) etc.

Last year I purchased the Fritz Lehmann Christmas Oratorio from the fifties and found it impressive. Time for a reassessment ?

The price is less than $1 per CD. Even if I only like one thing in the box, I will get my money's worth.

Well, if you're like me, you already have most of the stuff you are interested in.

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
« Reply #22979 on: February 17, 2019, 04:30:06 PM »
Well, if you're like me, you already have most of the stuff you are interested in.

Yep, this is certainly true.