Author Topic: Tristan Murail (1947-)  (Read 1783 times)

Offline snyprrr

• Veteran member
  • SQs, PQs, PQTs, PTs, VSs, Berlioz-Xenakis/Aperghis
  • Currently Listening to:
    Things that are crisp and spritely vs. things that are thick and creamy
Re: Tristan Murail (1947-)
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 07:56:25 AM »
He's another favorite composer (geezz, I have a few  :laugh:  ), that I don't pay enough attention to in succession.

An absolute genius in the "spectral" field, I may like him even more than Grisey (I don't know).

<3 <3 <3

well, he's had more breathing time here to perfect his craft... he better be good!! All his stuff is too expensive for me at the moment- but I always like my only Murail, the popular one with 'Serendib', 'Disintegrations' and ... I forget... but, yea, he's cool beans... what's the best second disc to get?
Rat Poison is 99% Good Food, so Follow the Money

Haydn-Sikh

Offline Thatfabulousalien

• Veteran member
  • Variations of Armature Pianist and Arm Chair Paris
    The sound of noise music
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2017, 02:05:19 AM »
well, he's had more breathing time here to perfect his craft... he better be good!! All his stuff is too expensive for me at the moment- but I always like my only Murail, the popular one with 'Serendib', 'Disintegrations' and ... I forget... but, yea, he's cool beans... what's the best second disc to get?

I'm not good at recommending, as far as Murail goes but all I can say is that everything I have heard, has absolutely blown me away  :o

(...........coming from someone who has a daily dose of Darmstadt every Breakfast, lunch and dinner  ;)  )
The most self-referential, self-aware and self-deprecating user this website (and planet) has ever known. So much, that he fails at being able to insult his own intelligence

Offline Thatfabulousalien

• Veteran member
  • Variations of Armature Pianist and Arm Chair Paris
    The sound of noise music
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2017, 02:07:06 AM »
They got a bunch of Murail scores at the uni library, so I know what I'll be tracking down tomorrow!  0:)
The most self-referential, self-aware and self-deprecating user this website (and planet) has ever known. So much, that he fails at being able to insult his own intelligence

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK