Author Topic: Tristan Murail (1947-)  (Read 2235 times)

Offline snyprrr

• Veteran member
  • SQs, PQs, PQTs, PTs, VSs, Berlioz-Xenakis/Aperghis
  • Currently Listening to:
    Things that are crisp and spritely vs. things that are thick and creamy
Re: Tristan Murail (1947-)
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 07:56:25 AM »
He's another favorite composer (geezz, I have a few  :laugh:  ), that I don't pay enough attention to in succession.

An absolute genius in the "spectral" field, I may like him even more than Grisey (I don't know).

<3 <3 <3

well, he's had more breathing time here to perfect his craft... he better be good!! All his stuff is too expensive for me at the moment- but I always like my only Murail, the popular one with 'Serendib', 'Disintegrations' and ... I forget... but, yea, he's cool beans... what's the best second disc to get?
Rat Poison is 99% Good Food, so Follow the Money

Haydn-Sikh

Offline α |

• Veteran member
  • Variations of Armature Pianist and Arm Chair Paris
    You
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2017, 02:05:19 AM »
well, he's had more breathing time here to perfect his craft... he better be good!! All his stuff is too expensive for me at the moment- but I always like my only Murail, the popular one with 'Serendib', 'Disintegrations' and ... I forget... but, yea, he's cool beans... what's the best second disc to get?

I'm not good at recommending, as far as Murail goes but all I can say is that everything I have heard, has absolutely blown me away  :o

(...........coming from someone who has a daily dose of Darmstadt every Breakfast, lunch and dinner  ;)  )
Tell your Pugg to stop rubbing his balls of my carpet, I just sprayed some nasty chemicals there.

Offline α |

• Veteran member
  • Variations of Armature Pianist and Arm Chair Paris
    You
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2017, 02:07:06 AM »
They got a bunch of Murail scores at the uni library, so I know what I'll be tracking down tomorrow!  0:)
Tell your Pugg to stop rubbing his balls of my carpet, I just sprayed some nasty chemicals there.

Offline nodogen

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2017, 01:50:36 AM »

Very cool beans:

Sapere aude

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK