Author Topic: Ukraine in turmoil  (Read 13527 times)

Offline knight66

• Global Moderator
    • The Mirror and the Lamp
Re: Ukraine in turmoil
« Reply #180 on: December 13, 2014, 11:11:36 PM »
A very interesting article, thanks. My neice is just back from Estonia and she told me the atmosphere there is one of fear and an assumption that once Ukrane is out of the way, it will be their turn next.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Offline Turner

Re: Ukraine in turmoil
« Reply #181 on: September 14, 2017, 12:12:20 AM »
Bump-bump
 - but as some here know, Iīve been quite interested in the Ukraine situation, and there are now a few underreported, but very interesting signs that Russia is working for a way out, though itīs too early to say if it will really happen:

recent quotes from the Kremlin and Putin apparently showing an interest in UN peacekeepers in the region, even by the Russia-controlled borders to the separatist statelets, which currently see a steady flow of arms and military.
And now rumours that their leaders are to be replaced by somewhat softer newcomers:
https://www.kyivpost.com/ukraine-politics/kremlin-rumored-ready-replace-leaders-donbas.html?utm_content=buffer2ff1b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

The Russian financing of the statelets (including now the major parts of the fragmentary wellfare and state apparatus there, and of course their massive armies), plus the sanctions, has been extremely expensive.

There are however also those doubting the sincerity regarding the UN peacekeepers, seeing it as maybe an excuse to place Russian military there officially:
http://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/ukrainealert/russia-s-peacekeeping-proposal-in-ukraine-is-a-sham#.Wbo9nBmmLwl.twitter

Letīs hope that Ukraine can continue its road to better life for all there, after this awful - and still ongoing - war.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 12:40:15 AM by Turner »

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK