Author Topic: The Photography Thread  (Read 127046 times)

Offline NikF

• Veteran member
Re: The Photography Thread
« Reply #2260 on: April 13, 2018, 10:57:16 AM »
I tend to think it would be harder to reverse the scene and make it look natural, throwing the knife in a way that looks like catching it when reversed.  Plus the water would be going the wrong way. I suspect a simpler trick. The guy throws the knife out of the shot, and Wayne already has a knife in his hand when he "catches" it.

Yeah, you got it - that's the story board. I'm just too lazy to find a video clip of it. ;D But it's something along the lines of -

Establishing shot
Two shot
Medium shot/MU
Close up/CU

“Tell me,” she finally whispered, “is it fun for you to torture me? I should really hate you. Ever since we've known each other, you've given me nothing but suffering.” Her voice trembled, she leaned toward me, lowered her head onto my chest. “Perhaps,” I thought, “this is exactly why you loved me."

Offline NikF

• Veteran member
« Reply #2261 on: April 13, 2018, 10:59:09 AM »
I'm reminded of Columbo ;)
“You take our friend here, the murderer. He’s very smart, but he’s an amateur. I mean, he’s got just one time to learn. Just one. And with us cops, well – it’s a business. We do this a hundred times a year. I’ll tell ya, doc, that’s a lot of practice.”

It's never my intention to poke fun at amateurs.
“Tell me,” she finally whispered, “is it fun for you to torture me? I should really hate you. Ever since we've known each other, you've given me nothing but suffering.” Her voice trembled, she leaned toward me, lowered her head onto my chest. “Perhaps,” I thought, “this is exactly why you loved me."

Online North Star

• Veteran member
« Reply #2262 on: April 13, 2018, 11:12:48 AM »
It's never my intention to poke fun at amateurs.
It was not at all my intention suggest or insinuate anything of the kind.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr