Author Topic: Anyone Gots Vintage Jewel Cases?  (Read 1590 times)

snyprrr

Anyone Gots Vintage Jewel Cases?
« on: April 18, 2014, 02:38:16 PM »
Those heavy ones?

The Philips red?

The DG white?

It seems that lately when I get a Used CD, the original tray, and obviously the jewel case lid at least, have been switched out. Do you have any, or what? Oy!

Offline bigshot

Re: Anyone Gots Vintage Jewel Cases?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 07:05:04 PM »
I had a gazillion of them, but as Rossini said in the William Tell Overture... To da dump! To da dump! To da dump Dump DUMP!

Offline Jo498

• Veteran member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 04:03:59 AM »
Were they really heavier?
Decca ovation had blue ones
I still have a bunch and sometimes get them with used CDs. But the white ones (DG galleria) have often become slightly yellowish and I do not care if they have been replaced by standard black ones. So I myself will also replace them with standard ones, should they break
Struck by the sounds before the sun,
I knew the night had gone.
The morning breeze like a bugle blew
Against the drums of dawn.
(Bob Dylan)

Offline Gurn Blanston

• Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)
  • Global Moderator
  • Support your local Haydn Society
    • Gurn's Haydn Blog
  • Currently Listening to:
    Haydn, I reckon.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 04:16:26 AM »
Were they really heavier?
Decca ovation had blue ones
I still have a bunch and sometimes get them with used CDs. But the white ones (DG galleria) have often become slightly yellowish and I do not care if they have been replaced by standard black ones. So I myself will also replace them with standard ones, should they break

You bet they were!

I have had to replace a fair number of cases over the years, I keep a junk box of parts for that purpose. However, I have never been able to find any which are equivalent to the originals. I don't think they sell them, Snips. Now, if you had established some sort of beneficent relationship with Bigs early times, we wouldn't be having this discussion... ;)

8)
Help support GMG by purchasing from Amazon using this link

Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Follow me on Twitter @GurnBlanston106