Author Topic: Ockeghem's Office  (Read 1333 times)

Online Mandryka

• Veteran member
Re: Ockeghem's Office
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2017, 10:00:57 AM »
All the recordings they did I feel is pretty special.

Ockeghem is an extremely interesting composer. This recording is rather special:

I am a great fan of Ockeghem, he is my favourite Renaissance composer of masses, but for some reason I find Missa Cuiusvis Toni hard to enjoy. It's probably me, or is this music really not very interesting to hear?  Which is your favourite mass in the collection, your favourite tone?

I have Kandel's recording, and Sound and Fury, and Clerks Group. None touch the G spot for me so far.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 10:03:11 AM by Mandryka »
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Online radicle

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2017, 06:19:50 PM »
Is anybody familiar with this recording?
The performers are unknown to me.

Offline sanantonio

• Veteran member
    • My blog
  • Currently Listening to:
    Early Music
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2017, 06:25:49 PM »
Is anybody familiar with this recording?
The performers are unknown to me.

I was just listening to it last week.  Kevin Moll is one of the first generation of HIP/early music musicians, 1970s on.  I think he was involved in many of the L'Oiseau-Lyre EM recordings.  Good stuff.  Sorry, I got him mixed up with someone else, director of Schola Antiqua.  His name was familiar because it came up in some of the material I've been reading about Machaut.  He's  a bit younger than I thought, but a well respected EM scholar.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 06:35:59 PM by sanantonio »

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK