Author Topic: Your Favorite Tchaikovsky Pieces  (Read 5257 times)

Offline LKB

• Veteran member
  • Currently Listening to:
    something between my ears
Re: Your Favorite Tchaikovsky Pieces
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2017, 10:50:43 PM »
An old thread, but since l never saw it before tonight and since Tchaikovsky jump-started my interest in serious music, why not!

Favorite symphony: No. 4. With an extended oboe solo ( probably the first one l ever paid attention to, which nudged me towards learning the instrument ) opening the second movement, an unusual scherzo and a roof-raising finale to balance the gravitas of Movement 1, l can honestly say that I've enjoyed every rendering of this work that I've heard.

Favorite ballet: Nutcracker. Makes me a little kid again.

Favorite concerto: Violin. First movement, a generous helping of simple good feeling. Second movement, an old man's tale. Finale, off to the races ( interrupted by reaction shots of certain characters in the crowd ).

Favorite chamber work: Piano Trio in A minor. Full-blooded passion, framed with the elegant nobility found in all of Tchaikovsky's best work.

That'll do,

LKB
Mit Fl├╝geln, die ich mir errungen...

Offline SymphonicAddict

• Veteran member
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2017, 12:08:21 PM »
An old thread, but since l never saw it before tonight and since Tchaikovsky jump-started my interest in serious music, why not!

Favorite chamber work: Piano Trio in A minor. Full-blooded passion, framed with the elegant nobility found in all of Tchaikovsky's best work.

That'll do,

LKB

One of the best piano trios ever.

The One

« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2017, 03:20:46 AM »
- Piano Concerto No 1
- Piano Concerto No 2
- Violin Concerto
- Symphony No 6
- All Ballet Suites
- The Seasons