Author Topic: jessop's compositions  (Read 13562 times)

Offline jessop

• Veteran member
    • jessop's SoundCloud
Re: jessop's compositions
« Reply #240 on: November 06, 2017, 10:36:41 PM »
Solo drum kit?  ???
Is this like a rock/jazz drum kit or a more classical assortment of percussion?
Choir piece too!  :o
Guitar/String Quartet too?

I'm shocked, really looking forward to hearing these man  8)

Yes, a rock/jazz kit. He was very specific with the kit, nothing too fancy really.
As for the women's choir piece, I am getting a text written for it very soon..........hopefully today but it could be later in the week.

I have started on fluctus;discursus for guitar and string quartet already. Part of the brief is to write a piece inspired by some paintings of a storm over the sea (the 'fluctus' part of the title (waves, and that is a long u in fluctuuuus to make it plural)), but I am also taking some material from the guitar part of the bagatelles and elaborating upon it throughout the piece. 'Discursus' has a double meaning here; it draws on the English usage of the word when referring to logic and also the Latin meaning. The composition presents a musical 'argumentation' of each phrase from the source material, whilst also 'running about' with motific fragments.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 10:50:37 PM by jessop »

Offline jessop

• Veteran member
    • jessop's SoundCloud
« Reply #241 on: November 06, 2017, 10:59:45 PM »
The piece so far.............for some reason the score is always two beats behind the audio. Very annoying.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hLesUXxansw" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hLesUXxansw</a>

Offline aleazk

• My stuff
Re: jessop's compositionsū
« Reply #242 on: November 07, 2017, 04:05:12 AM »
Sounds good. Particularly the working of the short glissandos.

Offline jessop

• Veteran member
    • jessop's SoundCloud
« Reply #243 on: November 15, 2017, 03:37:10 AM »
Been working on a piece for a women's choir. The text seems to be inspired by some kind of internal pressure on tension that someone feels when very restricted, and possible harmful consequences. So far, I haven't explored a lot of the text. Beginning quite slowly and letting the text unfold and become more important as the piece progresses.

To be completely honest, I have no experience writing for a choir and I haven't thought much about anything structural for the piece........so it is a bit of a mess so far in terms of ideas.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 03:47:32 AM by jessop »

Offline jessop

• Veteran member
    • jessop's SoundCloud
« Reply #244 on: November 15, 2017, 03:46:05 AM »
Oh I have also just found a solo clarinet piece I wrote earlier this year, for which a live recording actually does exist............I just need to get it off the computer it is stored on.......................

Mind you, the very first multiphonic was notated completely wrong!!!!!!

LINK

Offline jessop

• Veteran member
    • jessop's SoundCloud
« Reply #245 on: December 05, 2017, 02:38:51 AM »
Bergträume for guitar duo will receive its world premiere at the Melbourne Recital Centre on the 26th of February 2018; be there or be square! I will be around for a chat with the musos after the concert.

Offline Rons_talking

« Reply #246 on: December 06, 2017, 07:25:53 PM »
Bergträume for guitar duo will receive its world premiere at the Melbourne Recital Centre on the 26th of February 2018; be there or be square! I will be around for a chat with the musos after the concert.

Congrats on the forthcoming performance. Your work is always interesting and thoughtful. I'm sure it will go well!

Offline arpeggio

« Reply #247 on: December 07, 2017, 08:06:24 AM »
I have been checking out your thread.  As a veteran of another forum your departure is there loss.  Keep up the good work  ;)

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK