Author Topic: jessop's compositions  (Read 13185 times)

Offline jessop

• Veteran member
    • jessop's SoundCloud
Re: jessop's compositions
« Reply #240 on: November 06, 2017, 10:36:41 PM »
Solo drum kit?  ???
Is this like a rock/jazz drum kit or a more classical assortment of percussion?
Choir piece too!  :o
Guitar/String Quartet too?

I'm shocked, really looking forward to hearing these man  8)

Yes, a rock/jazz kit. He was very specific with the kit, nothing too fancy really.
As for the women's choir piece, I am getting a text written for it very soon..........hopefully today but it could be later in the week.

I have started on fluctus;discursus for guitar and string quartet already. Part of the brief is to write a piece inspired by some paintings of a storm over the sea (the 'fluctus' part of the title (waves, and that is a long u in fluctuuuus to make it plural)), but I am also taking some material from the guitar part of the bagatelles and elaborating upon it throughout the piece. 'Discursus' has a double meaning here; it draws on the English usage of the word when referring to logic and also the Latin meaning. The composition presents a musical 'argumentation' of each phrase from the source material, whilst also 'running about' with motific fragments.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 10:50:37 PM by jessop »

Offline jessop

• Veteran member
    • jessop's SoundCloud
« Reply #241 on: November 06, 2017, 10:59:45 PM »
The piece so far.............for some reason the score is always two beats behind the audio. Very annoying.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hLesUXxansw" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hLesUXxansw</a>

Offline aleazk

• My stuff
Re: jessop's compositionsū
« Reply #242 on: November 07, 2017, 04:05:12 AM »
Sounds good. Particularly the working of the short glissandos.

Offline jessop

• Veteran member
    • jessop's SoundCloud
« Reply #243 on: November 15, 2017, 03:37:10 AM »
Been working on a piece for a women's choir. The text seems to be inspired by some kind of internal pressure on tension that someone feels when very restricted, and possible harmful consequences. So far, I haven't explored a lot of the text. Beginning quite slowly and letting the text unfold and become more important as the piece progresses.

To be completely honest, I have no experience writing for a choir and I haven't thought much about anything structural for the piece........so it is a bit of a mess so far in terms of ideas.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 03:47:32 AM by jessop »

Offline jessop

• Veteran member
    • jessop's SoundCloud
« Reply #244 on: November 15, 2017, 03:46:05 AM »
Oh I have also just found a solo clarinet piece I wrote earlier this year, for which a live recording actually does exist............I just need to get it off the computer it is stored on.......................

Mind you, the very first multiphonic was notated completely wrong!!!!!!

LINK

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK