Author Topic: GMG  (Read 763 times)

Offline carlito77

GMG
« on: May 01, 2016, 06:03:17 AM »
Just out of curiosity, what does GMG stands for? Also, is this site based on the west coast of the U.S.? It was about 7:47 am when I made my first post this morning but the site showed that I made the post at 10:47 am.

Offline James

• Veteran member
  • Currently Listening to:
    from JS Bach to Stockhausen
Re: GMG
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 06:05:47 AM »
Just out of curiosity, what does GMG stands for? Also, is this site based on the west coast of the U.S.? It was about 7:47 am when I made my first post this morning but the site showed that I made the post at 10:47 am.

Good-Music-Guide

http://www.good-music-guide.com/
"The crowd is the gathering place of the weakest; true creation is a solitary act." - Bukowski

Offline Scion7

• Veteran member
  • "A vér az élet."
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 06:10:25 AM »
Also, is this site based on the west coast of the U.S.? It was about 7:47 am when I made my first post this morning but the site showed that I made the post at 10:47 am.

One may always do a look-up for any IP or domain:

Host IP    74.200.90.22
Location    Sterling, Virginia, United States

However, the administrators are scattered about the Earth via (now sunken) land bridges that they migrated across eons ago.
(it's a multi-national sort of site)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 06:12:27 AM by Scion7 »
If I could create an ideal world, it would be an England with the fire of the Elizabethans, the correct taste of the Georgians, and the refinement and pure ideals of the Victorians. - H.P. Lovecraft

Offline Brian

• Veteran member
    • Brian's blog
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 06:50:25 AM »
You should be able to fix the clock by going to Profile > Account Settings!

(And yes, our gang is everywhere. Rob, the owner, is from the Land Down Under.)

Offline carlito77

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 09:42:16 AM »
Thanks all. Man, I'm so happy I found this forum, just what I need to improve my steep learning curve on classical music. The only thing missing is a radio or streaming music section.   :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline Dungeon Master

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator
  • Head Honcho
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 03:06:13 PM »
The server is located in the US, but the owner is me, and I live in Australia. The other mods are scattered around the world.

The forum time is set by default to the server time. You can change your individual time zone in your Profile.
 Macs are better. They just are.

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK