Author Topic: Star Wars Episode IX  (Read 691 times)

Ghost of Baron Scarpia

Re: Star Wars Episode IX
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2019, 09:15:52 AM »
If it doesn’t matter to you, then why comment? That’s my point. You want to be heard, but you don’t want to acknowledge or consider others’ opinions? What a load of crap, 71 dB. Why even post on GMG if you don’t want to engage in conversation with someone?

He's describing his experience. I don't see anything he wrote that justifies ridicule.

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Claude Debussy (1862 - 1918)
  • Currently Listening to:
    ...Mist floating above the water...
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2019, 09:20:31 AM »
He's describing his experience. I don't see anything he wrote that justifies ridicule.

Over-dramatizing again, Scarpia? ::) I’m not ridiculing anyone.
“Works of art make rules; rules do not make works of art.” - Claude Debussy

Ghost of Baron Scarpia

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2019, 09:23:04 AM »
Over-dramatizing again, Scarpia? ::) I’m not ridiculing anyone.

...What a load of crap, 71 dB. Why even post on GMG...?

And who is eye rolling?

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Claude Debussy (1862 - 1918)
  • Currently Listening to:
    ...Mist floating above the water...
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2019, 09:35:18 AM »
And who is eye rolling?

Look, Scarpia, I understand that you’re trying to be a hero, but, please, 71 dB can defend himself. He doesn’t need your help.
“Works of art make rules; rules do not make works of art.” - Claude Debussy

Ghost of Baron Scarpia

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2019, 09:40:48 AM »
I"m not trying to be a hero. I am drawing attention to behavior that I find disturbing to read.

Offline Rinaldo

• Veteran member
  • Cara sposa, dove sei?
    • aaraaf.net
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2019, 10:32:22 AM »
The slicing of Snoke was as predictable as it could possibly be. Not to Rey, naturally, but to me, yes. And I doubt I was the only one who saw where that crappy build-up was going.  ::)

Sure it was telegraphed that Kylo's about to do something but I absolutely didn't expect them to deal with the big badddie in the middle of the trilogy. Which I find highly refreshing, as it opens up a brave new world of possibilities (nicely underscored by the red wall of the throne room burning up, showing the outer space behind it).

This new trilogy has been one large fragmented mess.

It feels fragmented at times, I'll give you that. That was my main problem with TFA. That and the Abramsian rehashing of A New Hope.

My main regret is I will never watch this movie and the meaning of "the slicing of Snoke" will forever be a mystery to me.  :laugh:

Well, there's a thing in these movies called a lightsaber, I think you can do the math :D

Ghost of Baron Scarpia

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2019, 10:34:22 AM »
Sure it was telegraphed that Kylo's about to do something but I absolutely didn't expect them to deal with the big badddie in the middle of the trilogy. Which I find highly refreshing, as it opens up a brave new world of possibilities (nicely underscored by the red wall of the throne room burning up, showing the outer space behind it).

It feels fragmented at times, I'll give you that. That was my main problem with TFA. That and the Abramsian rehashing of A New Hope.

Well, there's a thing in these movies called a lightsaber, I think you can do the math :D

Yes, I did see the original three films so I know about the lightsaber. I am in the dark about what a Snoke is, however. :)

[Narrowly avoided disaster, spell-check tried to switch snoke for an offensive term. I'd have to go on an apology tour, probably...]

« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 10:42:19 AM by Ghost of Baron Scarpia »

Offline 71 dB

• Veteran member
  • I free-think, therefore I am free
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2019, 10:42:16 AM »
If it doesn’t matter to you, then why comment? That’s my point. You want to be heard, but you don’t want to acknowledge or consider others’ opinions? What a load of crap, 71 dB. Why even post on GMG if you don’t want to engage in conversation with someone?

This kind of shit is why I hate Star Wars discussions.
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page