Author Topic: Dating or not dating.  (Read 44751 times)

Offline opaquer

• Veteran member
Re: Dating or not dating.
« Reply #1040 on: September 27, 2017, 03:00:39 PM »
Speaking in the current.......there is this girl  ;)

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Bohuslav Martinů (1890 - 1959)
  • Currently Listening to:
    The Opening of the Wells during Magic Nights
« Reply #1041 on: October 01, 2017, 06:29:35 PM »
Speaking in the current.......there is this girl  ;)

Excellent! Do keep us informed. 8)
"Music must be beautiful, or it wouldn’t be worth the effort” - Bohuslav Martinů

Offline vandermolen

• Veteran member
« Reply #1042 on: October 01, 2017, 09:18:19 PM »
My new lady friend and I have been talking pretty much all day either texting or actually on the phone. She’s a lovely person. We’ll be getting together on Sunday for hopefully a nice dinner and walk around to do a bit of window shopping. Notching fancy --- just two people enjoying each other’s company.
Good news John. Hope this works out for you.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Bohuslav Martinů (1890 - 1959)
  • Currently Listening to:
    The Opening of the Wells during Magic Nights
« Reply #1043 on: October 02, 2017, 06:52:09 AM »
Good news John. Hope this works out for you.

Thanks, Jeffrey, but this didn’t work out as there were some serious issues on her end that I simply couldn’t accept, so we parted ways after our first date.
"Music must be beautiful, or it wouldn’t be worth the effort” - Bohuslav Martinů

Offline NikF

• Veteran member
  • She usually comes in threes.
« Reply #1044 on: November 10, 2017, 05:47:19 AM »
On an early summer evening I was standing near the road with my back to a sheltered kiosk that sold cigarettes and alcohol. I was wearing a a stone coloured unstructured linen suit, navy blue fitted shirt, brown boots and sunglasses. Behind the sunglasses my eyes were closed and I was calmly, patiently listening, waiting to hear. And soon there was the expected reward; there's the hiss and the slam, and finally the sound of a ball bearing being dropped on concrete, almost instantly followed by a second of similar volume and pitch. As soon as those sounds fully registered they were repeated by another two ball bearings dropping, then a further two, no, four, then more but all in multiples of two, a bucket of ball bearings being poured and landing and tapping and echoing together until they scattered in all directions, slowly fading and becoming distant. Opening my eyes I looked at the source - the almost ubiquitous clicking high heels being worn by the well groomed and beautifully feminine women as they alighted the trolley bus and carefully but confidently stepped on to and along the pavement. Finally one of them - a miniature of perfect proportions - directly approached me and turned her cheek up to be kissed, at the same time handing over a small carrier bag with inside a now empty jar that had just recently contained a home prepared lunch, but originally held Beluga caviar. Formalities over, she took my arm and we walked home.
I lived and worked in Russia. And I dated a number of Russian women. From time to time I'll post my thoughts based on my experience of dating them.
What doesn't kill you always makes you stronger - unless you were too weak to begin with, of course. Fact.

Offline Scarpia

• Veteran member
« Reply #1045 on: November 10, 2017, 11:06:55 AM »
On an early summer evening I was standing near the road with my back to a sheltered kiosk that sold cigarettes and alcohol. I was wearing a a stone coloured unstructured linen suit, navy blue fitted shirt, brown boots and sunglasses. Behind the sunglasses my eyes were closed and I was calmly, patiently listening, waiting to hear. And soon there was the expected reward; there's the hiss and the slam, and finally the sound of a ball bearing being dropped on concrete, almost instantly followed by a second of similar volume and pitch. As soon as those sounds fully registered they were repeated by another two ball bearings dropping, then a further two, no, four, then more but all in multiples of two, a bucket of ball bearings being poured and landing and tapping and echoing together until they scattered in all directions, slowly fading and becoming distant. Opening my eyes I looked at the source - the almost ubiquitous clicking high heels being worn by the well groomed and beautifully feminine women as they alighted the trolley bus and carefully but confidently stepped on to and along the pavement. Finally one of them - a miniature of perfect proportions - directly approached me and turned her cheek up to be kissed, at the same time handing over a small carrier bag with inside a now empty jar that had just recently contained a home prepared lunch, but originally held Beluga caviar. Formalities over, she took my arm and we walked home.
I lived and worked in Russia. And I dated a number of Russian women. From time to time I'll post my thoughts based on my experience of dating them.

Mysterious. She was stealing ball bearings from the Soviet factory where she worked, and they started tumbling out of her satchel after the bottom seam ripped?

Offline Le Moderniste

• Birthdate: Year (YYYY) - Month (MM) - Day (DD)
« Reply #1046 on: November 21, 2017, 12:24:30 AM »
I don't know if this is dating-related or not because no advancements have been made on either of our parts BUT there is this girl in one of my lecture classes that 'broke the ice' right off the bat. Now it's not someone I've seen or met before (so a beginning of a fresh friendship at the very least!) BUT we are literally (and I mean literally properly) from the same neighbourhood, same town, same college (when we where in our teens), same music teachers and everything.  :o

Now I'm not saying that I even intend anything serious or think about her in any intimate way (maybe unlike some of the girls I had the hots for in previous trimesters, that I didn't get far with) but I can tell straight away that she is a really nice, friendly and intelligent person, who will definitely make a great friend (if not girlfriend, as I still want something intimate of that sort to some degree, although I'm by far not desperate).
Note, this has all fallen into place by itself.

What I have learned or been proven from this, is that life can really surprise you in amazingly coincidental ways! It's quite inspiring, the idea. You can never know what to expect: which is a positive thing  :D  8)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 12:27:20 AM by Le Moderniste »

Offline vandermolen

• Veteran member
« Reply #1047 on: November 21, 2017, 03:32:12 AM »
I don't know if this is dating-related or not because no advancements have been made on either of our parts BUT there is this girl in one of my lecture classes that 'broke the ice' right off the bat. Now it's not someone I've seen or met before (so a beginning of a fresh friendship at the very least!) BUT we are literally (and I mean literally properly) from the same neighbourhood, same town, same college (when we where in our teens), same music teachers and everything.  :o

Now I'm not saying that I even intend anything serious or think about her in any intimate way (maybe unlike some of the girls I had the hots for in previous trimesters, that I didn't get far with) but I can tell straight away that she is a really nice, friendly and intelligent person, who will definitely make a great friend (if not girlfriend, as I still want something intimate of that sort to some degree, although I'm by far not desperate).
Note, this has all fallen into place by itself.

What I have learned or been proven from this, is that life can really surprise you in amazingly coincidental ways! It's quite inspiring, the idea. You can never know what to expect: which is a positive thing  :D  8)
'Give up and you will succeed' (Taoist saying)

Hope it works out for you. Relationships which develop from friendships are, in my limited experience, more likely to turn into something lasting.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

Offline Le Moderniste

• Birthdate: Year (YYYY) - Month (MM) - Day (DD)
« Reply #1048 on: November 22, 2017, 02:46:22 AM »
'Give up and you will succeed' (Taoist saying)

Hope it works out for you. Relationships which develop from friendships are, in my limited experience, more likely to turn into something lasting.

Thanks Vandermolen, I know that she and I will both share a similar level of stress at the end of the week (given the amount of work the class has to get through)  :laugh:

Outside of just the incredible situation with her, I know I'm gonna really enjoy this class  8) and probably make more friends there too!

Offline vandermolen

• Veteran member
« Reply #1049 on: November 22, 2017, 02:50:21 AM »
Thanks Vandermolen, I know that she and I will both share a similar level of stress at the end of the week (given the amount of work the class has to get through)  :laugh:

Outside of just the incredible situation with her, I know I'm gonna really enjoy this class  8) and probably make more friends there too!

Good to hear and hope it all goes well for you.
 :)

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK