Author Topic: Dating or not dating.  (Read 45604 times)

Offline aleazk

• My stuff
Re: Dating or not dating.
« Reply #900 on: May 22, 2017, 08:55:51 PM »
I was in tinder and suddenly the picture of a classmate popped in... lol I actually like this classmate but I had to press the nay option because I don't want to mix professional and personal life  :-X... at least for now.

Other than that, I got bored and have not been there in weeks

Oh, also, the picture of the cashier from the coffee shop I go everyday... nay again because I don't want to make my daily routine complicated, i.e., for now I want the coffee shop to be just the coffee shop!  :-X
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 08:57:25 PM by aleazk »

Offline NikF

• Veteran member
  • No muscles for creepy Artie.
« Reply #901 on: May 23, 2017, 01:31:27 PM »
Yeah, tempting as it can be you're probably doing the right thing by adhering to '*don't get the honey where you make your money'. :) Having said that, I didn't always do the right thing. 8) :laugh: I suppose like a lot of stuff it depends on the individuals involved, their priorities and how much they might be prepared to compromise.

* my preferred saying for that scenario involves mention of a doorstep.
What doesn't kill you always makes you stronger - unless you were too weak to begin with, of course. Fact.

greg

« Reply #902 on: May 23, 2017, 05:19:15 PM »
???
I'm starting to realize that by being "introspective," you don't really mean about deconstructing how your mind works? Seems like you don't have an interest in it?  (or maybe you just do analysis in a completely different way?)

Actually, if I really wanted to understand exactly the characteristics I find attractive in women (and what I find to be "soulmate" level quality), I would play dating sims. But I don't... haven't really tried them, either, tbh. The difference is that there are no limits, whereas real people have to, you know, behave themselves around others, and in something like a tv show/dating sim/visual novel/anything fiction, they can be showed how they are alone or in specific scenarios that you'd never encounter in real life.

Offline opaquer

• Veteran member
« Reply #903 on: May 23, 2017, 05:43:58 PM »
I was in tinder and suddenly the picture of a classmate popped in... lol I actually like this classmate but I had to press the nay option because I don't want to mix professional and personal life  :-X... at least for now.

When I used to be on there, I saw at least 6 girls from when I used to be at college (several yeas ago) and I liked every single of their profiles but got no matches or anything, from them in particular. I think a large percentage of people are only on there for a week like I was.

Oh, also, the picture of the cashier from the coffee shop I go everyday... nay again because I don't want to make my daily routine complicated, i.e., for now I want the coffee shop to be just the coffee shop!  :-X

I've grown to feel the same way with the girl at the cafe I go to every morning, I'm not really feeling compelled to get in any romances personally at the moment, even though I strongly considered what NikF said (and even wrote a little message + Ph. no. for her), I decided against it 

Offline NikF

• Veteran member
« Reply #904 on: May 23, 2017, 06:08:11 PM »

I've grown to feel the same way with the girl at the cafe I go to every morning, I'm not really feeling compelled to get in any romances personally at the moment, even though I strongly considered what NikF said (and even wrote a little message + Ph. no. for her), I decided against it

Famous last words.  :laugh:
What doesn't kill you always makes you stronger - unless you were too weak to begin with, of course. Fact.

Offline NikF

• Veteran member
« Reply #905 on: May 23, 2017, 06:09:11 PM »
Generally speaking, sometimes when you're out and about doing what you do, you'll unexpectedly meet someone. It won't matter if you haven't planned for it or you don't have time for it. It might even be that they're someone you wouldn't think is your 'type'. But it happens and no matter what age you are or how much experience you have, you'll find it's all you can do to keep your feet on the ground.  :)

Offline NikF

• Veteran member
« Reply #906 on: May 26, 2017, 01:23:58 PM »
My amateur violinist neighbour from across the street invited me to a party in her building. I went along just for the hell of it. There were a couple of women who appeared single, including one I recognised as living further up the hill who was kind of pushy in a "I've always wanted to *places hand on my forearm* know the name of that beautiful plant I notice when I walk past your house" kind of way. She was pleasant and all that, but I wandered into the back garden where there was a tree that had a fine branch for doing pullups on. I didn't do any though. A grey cat came along and slowly crept through the grass. It stopped and looked at me and I said hello to it which resulted in it taking off at approximately the speed of sound. Huh. I came home, did a couple of pullups in the doorway, then made tea, and now I'm going to sit in the dark and watch 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind'.
A friday night.

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Ralph Vaughan Williams (1872 - 1958)
  • Currently Listening to:
    The lark ascending into the horizon
« Reply #907 on: May 26, 2017, 07:51:20 PM »
I met a gorgeous Colombian woman today. I got her number, but her English isnít great, but Iíll probably get some coffee with her at some point. Iím in no rush. Things are going pretty decent right now and Iím enjoying my solitude.
"In the next world, I shan't be doing music, with all the striving and disappointments. I shall be being it.Ē - Ralph Vaughan Williams

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
« Reply #908 on: May 26, 2017, 07:54:19 PM »
My amateur violinist neighbour from across the street invited me to a party in her building. I went along just for the hell of it. There were a couple of women who appeared single, including one I recognised as living further up the hill who was kind of pushy in a "I've always wanted to *places hand on my forearm* know the name of that beautiful plant I notice when I walk past your house" kind of way. She was pleasant and all that, but I wandered into the back garden where there was a tree that had a fine branch for doing pullups on. I didn't do any though. A grey cat came along and slowly crept through the grass. It stopped and looked at me and I said hello to it which resulted in it taking off at approximately the speed of sound. Huh. I came home, did a couple of pullups in the doorway, then made tea, and now I'm going to sit in the dark and watch 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind'.
A friday night.

Itís good to just get out and meet some people sometimes, but when I get off of work I donít want to be around people since I work in retail. Iím really considering going back to school and perhaps learning a trade. I could go to college, but thatís just going to take too long. Iíll probably enroll in some kind of medical program where I can become like an x-ray technician or something along those lines.
"In the next world, I shan't be doing music, with all the striving and disappointments. I shall be being it.Ē - Ralph Vaughan Williams

Offline NikF

• Veteran member
« Reply #909 on: May 26, 2017, 08:21:37 PM »
I met a gorgeous Colombian woman today. I got her number, but her English isnít great, but Iíll probably get some coffee with her at some point. Iím in no rush. Things are going pretty decent right now and Iím enjoying my solitude.

That'll be something for you to look forward to.    8)
Itís good to just get out and meet some people sometimes, but when I get off of work I donít want to be around people since I work in retail. Iím really considering going back to school and perhaps learning a trade. I could go to college, but thatís just going to take too long. Iíll probably enroll in some kind of medical program where I can become like an x-ray technician or something along those lines.

It would be a big change. But I'm sure you could adapt to  it and also that it would prove to be an interesting challenge. :)

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
« Reply #910 on: May 26, 2017, 08:58:24 PM »
That'll be something for you to look forward to.    8)
It would be a big change. But I'm sure you could adapt to  it and also that it would prove to be an interesting challenge. :)

Indeed, it would be a big change, but Iíd love to actually have a career and make good money doing something I enjoyed doing. Finding enjoyment is always the tricky part, because itís not something I would love to do wholeheartedly I donít think.

Offline NikF

• Veteran member
« Reply #911 on: May 26, 2017, 09:13:55 PM »
Indeed, it would be a big change, but Iíd love to actually have a career and make good money doing something I enjoyed doing. Finding enjoyment is always the tricky part, because itís not something I would love to do wholeheartedly I donít think.

Yeah, that's the tricky part, not knowing beforehand. Then again, you might find that it's one of those things where there are rewards that aren't readily apparent from the outside. Or that it's fulfilling in a way you didn't know you wanted to or could be fulfilled? It's a tough one to call.
Also, despite the fact that it would only be of secondary importance, it's still a fact that it would open you up to having different colleagues and potential pool to date from. That's a nice bonus. :)

Offline Rinaldo

• Veteran member
  • Cara sposa, dove sei?
    • aaraaf.net
« Reply #912 on: May 30, 2017, 01:18:17 PM »
I can become like an x-ray technician or something along those lines.

Yeah, 'technician' ;)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7oxvobUA-QA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7oxvobUA-QA</a>

Offline NikF

• Veteran member
« Reply #913 on: May 30, 2017, 03:49:23 PM »
Glad to hear it.

Offline NikF

• Veteran member
« Reply #914 on: June 09, 2017, 05:21:07 AM »
I've got a date for next week. I wasn't going to go, but I've changed my mind. She's a university librarian at an archive a few people and myself were given a tour of. After a back and forth of a few messages she paid me a nice compliment; I'm all for that and I believe she should be rewarded :laugh: Anyway, she's slim, petite, dark haired, seems kind of confident, chatty, early thirties, and has noticeably long eyelashes. Over the next couple of days I'll find somewhere cool for the date.

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
« Reply #915 on: June 09, 2017, 06:41:19 AM »
I've got a date for next week. I wasn't going to go, but I've changed my mind. She's a university librarian at an archive a few people and myself were given a tour of. After a back and forth of a few messages she paid me a nice compliment; I'm all for that and I believe she should be rewarded :laugh: Anyway, she's slim, petite, dark haired, seems kind of confident, chatty, early thirties, and has noticeably long eyelashes. Over the next couple of days I'll find somewhere cool for the date.

Great stuff. I hope it goes well for you, Nik. :)

Offline NikF

• Veteran member
« Reply #916 on: June 09, 2017, 06:54:40 AM »
Thanks MI :)

Offline NikF

• Veteran member
« Reply #917 on: June 13, 2017, 09:28:20 AM »
Date venue solved? I think I'm taking her here.

Based on a couple of things she said when we met she's maybe a bit nerdy and perhaps even sort of a 'goody two shoes'. ;D But those aren't always necessarily bad qualities. So maybe this exhibition will appeal to her. And later we can have a drink and/or something to eat in a cafť across the road. (And if she doesn't like that exhibition then there's this wonderful place https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/museums/kelvingrove/about/collection-highlights/Pages/The-French-Gallery.aspx)

Offline NikF

• Veteran member
« Reply #918 on: June 18, 2017, 12:27:02 PM »
Now confirmed a second date with Ms. Paroo the librarian. The cinema, probably Wonder Woman. Huh.

Offline DaveF

« Reply #919 on: June 19, 2017, 12:33:20 AM »
Well, this is not my usual sort of thread, but feeling happy with life, so here goes.  Up to date no.5 now with a lady - late 50s (like me), widowed with youngish children (like me), attractive (unlike me) - former air hostess, enough said.  We live 60 miles apart, which is probably not much in US terms, but feels far here.  So lots of affectionate messages flying back and forth daily.  There's even a motorway that runs almost door-to-door, but it seems that whenever she ventures onto it to see me, something bad happens - she hits a pheasant which wrecks her front bumper, or a stone goes through her windscreen.  Bad omens, I hope not.  Anyway, I wish everyone else here great happiness with their dates.  In fact, I wish the whole world great happiness with everything at the moment, being in that walking-on-air state we all know so well.

DF
"Just because I like something, it doesn't mean it's any good."

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK