Author Topic: Dating or not dating.  (Read 42732 times)

Offline NikF

• Veteran member
  • Walking the walk.
Re: Dating or not dating.
« Reply #980 on: August 07, 2017, 09:00:09 PM »
I've just realised the ticket I've got for the 'Matthias Pintscher Conducts Choi/Hosokawa/Takemitsu/Vivier concert mentioned above coincides with another concert I recently bought a ticket for -  Rachmaninov Vocalise/Kidane Zulu/Rachmaninov Piano Concerto No3/Shostakovich Symphony 12 - on the same evening And the thing is, last night my neighbour (amateur violinist) asked if I could get her a ticket for the Pintscher concert. Decisions...

e: my neighbour is warm and attractive and cool. We already dated but I stopped seeing her and we just keep it friendly now. But she seems really keen on the Pintscher concert and so I'll probably go to that. Bonus: make people who can't go to it jealous.  8) :laugh:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 09:06:45 PM by NikF »

Offline jessop

• Veteran member
    • jessop's SoundCloud
« Reply #981 on: August 08, 2017, 02:11:44 AM »
I've just realised the ticket I've got for the 'Matthias Pintscher Conducts Choi/Hosokawa/Takemitsu/Vivier concert mentioned above coincides with another concert I recently bought a ticket for -  Rachmaninov Vocalise/Kidane Zulu/Rachmaninov Piano Concerto No3/Shostakovich Symphony 12 - on the same evening And the thing is, last night my neighbour (amateur violinist) asked if I could get her a ticket for the Pintscher concert. Decisions...

e: my neighbour is warm and attractive and cool. We already dated but I stopped seeing her and we just keep it friendly now. But she seems really keen on the Pintscher concert and so I'll probably go to that. Bonus: make people who can't go to it jealous.  8) :laugh:

Gosh darn i wish I could go to that!!!!!!!!!

Offline NikF

• Veteran member
  • Walking the walk.
« Reply #982 on: August 08, 2017, 04:41:16 AM »
Gosh darn i wish I could go to that!!!!!!!!!

;D

I'm definitely going to the Pintscher concert; the programme being all new music to me and maybe even a little out my comfort zone is too much of an opportunity to miss. 8)
And I might have a chance in the morning of the concert to spectate at the chorus rehearsal for an upcoming performance of Brahms: Ein Deutsches Requiem.
The bonus of sharing it with my charming neighbour makes for a cool day and evening. :)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 04:43:10 AM by NikF »

Offline α |

• Veteran member
  • Variations of Armature Pianist and Arm Chair Paris
« Reply #983 on: August 08, 2017, 10:36:05 PM »
So it wasn't exactly a "date" (yet) but it certainly went more than well. She was so happy to see me and we get a coffee and talked nonstop for a whole two hours  :o

Well I can say for sure that I've had a fucking awesome day  :-*

Got a test tomorrow though at Uni   :'(

Offline jessop

• Veteran member
    • jessop's SoundCloud
« Reply #984 on: August 09, 2017, 12:21:11 AM »
So it wasn't exactly a "date" (yet) but it certainly went more than well. She was so happy to see me and we get a coffee and talked nonstop for a whole two hours  :o

Well I can say for sure that I've had a fucking awesome day  :-*

Got a test tomorrow though at Uni   :'(

I'm so happy for you! I hope you are both equally interested in each other and I hope soon everything will just keep getting better and better. :)

(Good luck with the test)

Offline jessop

• Veteran member
    • jessop's SoundCloud
« Reply #985 on: August 09, 2017, 12:25:34 AM »
I've been having a wonderful time with my girlfriend here, showing her around and will be seeing some concerts, art, going for walks around the city and some parks etc. And I'll probably post a photo of us on Facebook and here. :)

Offline α |

• Veteran member
« Reply #986 on: August 09, 2017, 12:49:42 AM »
I'm so happy for you! I hope you are both equally interested in each other and I hope soon everything will just keep getting better and better. :)

(Good luck with the test)

Thanks man  ;D

Yeah, I always sort of liked her though maybe not in that way. We used to be part of the same friends group back in high school, as well as Christian youth group (even though I was and still am an atheist, I used to go because a lot of my friends back then went there), but I used to be especially quiet introverted and depressed back then, so me and her never really had long in detail conversations.

I find it quite amazing really that we both get on so well  :o
We have our history and jokes from back at that time but like, 2 hours of constant talking and no big awkward pauses if great!

I will reiterate that it wasn't a date (yet) but it could very well go further if I play my cards right.
We're already going to hang out again next week.

I forgot to mention though that we did hang out three times at the beginning of the year (before I have my psychotic month, remember that shit?  :-[      )

But she is more then keen to hang out next week!

Two other things that I couldn't really deconstruct due to being "in the moment" are that when we said farewell and left the place, I could almost feel a subtle tension like she wanted to say more, is that just my wild mind?
Also I couldn't tell but she may have blushed several times, she smiled the whole time too (it was legitimate though, like I was)

Yeah, it was great!  8)  8)

Offline α |

• Veteran member
« Reply #987 on: August 09, 2017, 12:54:19 AM »
Also music, art and relationships (of people we know/knew) popped up in the conversation too.

Though she isn't really a classical listener (I don't really know her thoughts on it), she is a literature and language nut (well that's what she is studying).

Offline α |

• Veteran member
« Reply #988 on: August 09, 2017, 01:01:43 AM »
I've been having a wonderful time with my girlfriend here, showing her around and will be seeing some concerts, art, going for walks around the city and some parks etc. And I'll probably post a photo of us on Facebook and here. :)

You and her are an amazing anomaly  ;D
Such a crazy and unexpected (me finding out later on) turn of events, I'm very happy that you're both having a great time. It must be so surreal  :o

Great to hear, best wishes Jessop  8)

Offline α |

• Veteran member
« Reply #989 on: August 09, 2017, 01:07:02 AM »
One other thing because my mind is still spinning:
This time round, in that whole two hours she didn't look at her cellphone even once (I turned mine off)
The previous times I've seen her, she's looked at it like once every ten minutes.

Not saying it means anything, but it is an observation I made.

Late edit: I forgot this before but an interesting and slightly ironic? plot twist - we're both Aussies living in NZ too....
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 03:33:04 AM by α | »

Offline NikF

• Veteran member
  • Walking the walk.
« Reply #990 on: August 09, 2017, 08:36:23 AM »
Good stuff, guys. Good stuff.  8)

Offline NikF

• Veteran member
  • Walking the walk.
« Reply #991 on: August 12, 2017, 12:04:58 AM »
I had a casual date last night with the blonde I spoke of recently (the one who wore cosmetic contacts) and it was fun and stuff. It's easy and  I'm comfortable in that kind of scenario.

Offline α |

• Veteran member
« Reply #992 on: August 12, 2017, 12:37:48 AM »
I had a casual date last night with the blonde I spoke of recently (the one who wore cosmetic contacts) and it was fun and stuff. It's easy and  I'm comfortable in that kind of scenario.

Sounds fun!  8)

I'm not desperate but I'm working towards being very prolific in the art of asking the female species out and the that stuff.

The more I fail the more I don't care.

Somehow I don't think I'll end up dating the girl from last week (who is just a hang out once a week kind of friend by the looks of it) but who knows?

There are several girls that I'm ready to pounce on  ;) (I'm being facetious of course  ??? )
Let's see how this week turns out, I already feel a different person this week  :o

Offline NikF

• Veteran member
  • Walking the walk.
« Reply #993 on: August 12, 2017, 12:54:35 AM »

I'm not desperate but I'm working towards being very prolific in the art of asking the female species out and the that stuff.

The more I fail the more I don't care.

Somehow I don't think I'll end up dating the girl from last week (who is just a hang out once a week kind of friend by the looks of it) but who knows?

There are several girls that I'm ready to pounce on  ;) (I'm being facetious of course  ??? )
Let's see how this week turns out, I already feel a different person this week  :o

Glad to hear it. :)

Yeah, don't be afraid to fail. More exactly, don't be afraid to fail at anything. The worst thing about failure is that it can eventually stop people trying or at least trying their best. So don't be afraid of failing at anything; dating, friendships, creative pursuits, baking bread etc. :laugh:
Keep moving forward. 8)

Offline α |

• Veteran member
« Reply #994 on: August 14, 2017, 12:33:45 PM »
Beautiful women, beautiful women everywhere  8)

Offline α |

• Veteran member
« Reply #995 on: August 15, 2017, 02:14:27 PM »
Not saying anything, at all. But something very special is happening tonight  8)

Offline jessop

• Veteran member
    • jessop's SoundCloud
« Reply #996 on: August 15, 2017, 03:19:53 PM »
You and her are an amazing anomaly  ;D
Such a crazy and unexpected (me finding out later on) turn of events, I'm very happy that you're both having a great time. It must be so surreal  :o

Great to hear, best wishes Jessop  8)

Thank you! It's a lot of fun. Here's us when we went to see Lohengrin recently:

(Both of us are happy to share this photo, sorry it's a bit blurry and badly lit though hahah)

:)

Offline aleazk

• My stuff
« Reply #997 on: August 15, 2017, 04:50:52 PM »
She's very pretty, and, from what I recall based on a few brief chats I had with her some months ago, very nice too. I hope everything goes well.

Offline α |

• Veteran member
« Reply #998 on: August 15, 2017, 10:20:19 PM »
"Nothing really matters, anyone can see
Nothing really matters
Nothing really matters to me
Any way the wind blows
"

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

(I had an amazing experience with a girl that I know, let's just say I'm euphoric   8)
)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 11:33:24 PM by α | »

Offline α |

• Veteran member
« Reply #999 on: August 15, 2017, 11:34:40 PM »
Thank you! It's a lot of fun. Here's us when we went to see Lohengrin recently:

(Both of us are happy to share this photo, sorry it's a bit blurry and badly lit though hahah)

:)

Congrats again J. I'm glad it's turned out really well for both of you  :D

(ps. Does she live in Melbourne now?)

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK