Author Topic: That Darn Cat Thread  (Read 2479 times)

Offline vandermolen

• Veteran member
Re: That Darn Cat Thread
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2017, 03:30:58 AM »
Thanks but Puss is still up at the crack of dawn scratching on the door. (Actually we had a dog who did that many years ago.) What I don't understand is HOW he knows because it is still dark before the birds start cheeping. In other words, what prompts him (and the dog as well) to get up precisely at that time?

There is something else I never figured out about cats, how they come to the very window in the room where you happen to be. I read about some blind people who were able to develop this sense of feeling space (even for walking down streets) but not with walls in between.
I went to see my neighbour the other day. Whilst I was talking to her I looked at the window and outside was our cat looking at me in a very accusatory way which said 'what on earth are you doing in there?' This happened with previous cats as well. I think that this one recognises my car engine noise as even if I park the car right down the other end of the road he is invariably waiting for me.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

Offline zamyrabyrd

• Veteran member
  • selig sind
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2017, 04:54:34 AM »
I went to see my neighbour the other day. Whilst I was talking to her I looked at the window and outside was our cat looking at me in a very accusatory way which said 'what on earth are you doing in there?' This happened with previous cats as well. I think that this one recognises my car engine noise as even if I park the car right down the other end of the road he is invariably waiting for me.

Oh sure, dogs also know the sound of different car engines.
The new cat not only figured out how to slide the screen of the bathroom window to get in but to shove it aside while he works on the window if it is shut. Maybe he was a house breaker in a previous life...
"I write to discover what I know."
 ― Flannery O'Connor

Offline vandermolen

• Veteran member
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2017, 07:27:22 AM »
Oh sure, dogs also know the sound of different car engines.
The new cat not only figured out how to slide the screen of the bathroom window to get in but to shove it aside while he works on the window if it is shut. Maybe he was a house breaker in a previous life...
:)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

Offline snyprrr

• Veteran member
  • SQs, PQs, PQTs, PTs, VSs, Berlioz-Xenakis/Aperghis
  • Currently Listening to:
    Things that are crisp and spritely vs. things that are thick and creamy
Re: That Darn Cat Thread NOOO, HE JUST BROUGHT 2ND CAT HOME!?!?!?!?!
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2017, 09:25:44 AM »
 :'( :'( :'(

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... new cat just brought in door......

"Heeeeathcliff!!!!!!"

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

hysteria followed...
Rat Poison is 99% Good Food, so Follow the Money

Haydn-Sikh

Offline zamyrabyrd

• Veteran member
  • selig sind
Re: That Darn Cat Thread NOOO, HE JUST BROUGHT 2ND CAT HOME!?!?!?!?!
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2017, 01:58:11 AM »
 new cat just brought in door...
"Heeeeathcliff!!!!!!"
hysteria followed...

Our cats just get in the family way. Feeding them all is becoming expensive, not to mention having to take some of them to the vet when they get ill...
"I write to discover what I know."
 ― Flannery O'Connor

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK