Author Topic: Louis Couperin  (Read 4804 times)

Online Mandryka

• Veteran member
Re: Louis Couperin
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2018, 11:56:45 AM »

My initial impression is that this is a very well balanced and level headed recording, that’s to say  it strikes a good balance between lyricism and a more turbulent style. The LH interrupts the melody in the right, as it were, but not so much as to break the melody up, just enough to give the music some relief, to prevent flatness. I like it. And of course it sounds very good.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 12:02:25 PM by Mandryka »
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Online Traverso

• Veteran member
Re: Louis Couperin
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2018, 03:33:48 AM »

My initial impression is that this is a very well balanced and level headed recording, that’s to say  it strikes a good balance between lyricism and a more turbulent style. The LH interrupts the melody in the right, as it were, but not so much as to break the melody up, just enough to give the music some relief, to prevent flatness. I like it. And of course it sounds very good.

I have listened to some samples and I liked what I have heard and indeed a very refined recording.Still waiting however for vol.4 with Bob van Asperen.

Don't Like These Ads? Become a GMG Subscriber!
For as little as 14 cents per day, subscribers get no advertising on the forum, a larger Inbox for your PM's, and a warm glow of knowing you are supporting the forum. All this and a groovy Subscriber badge too!
Click here to read more.