I agree 100% but in your estimation what are the chances that USA get rid of this anomaly any time soon?
In hindsight, Obama should have tried to in 2009, but oops.
The USA needs a number of very big reforms to the democratic process, including:
- new, more restrictive financing system
- nonpartisan drawing of congressional districts based on data but not based on which party benefits
- primary elections which function as run-offs, with the top two candidates from any party
advancing to the general election (very important for creating more moderation and centrism in Congress)
- abolition of Electoral College
- civil/criminal court judges are not elected by political party
- statehood for Puerto Rico and District of Columbia
But I doubt we will see any of those happen for 20-25 years.