Author Topic: Non-Classical Music Listening Thread!  (Read 1577689 times)

Papy Oli and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline George

• Veteran member
  • Hey Bert!
Re: Non-Classical Music Listening Thread!
« Reply #25720 on: April 22, 2019, 07:54:38 AM »
The Beatles: Abbey Road

Stone cold classic!

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Online vandermolen

• Veteran member
« Reply #25721 on: April 22, 2019, 09:29:40 AM »
I love Welcome to the Machine from Wish You Were Here, but the rest of album just doesn’t hold together very well for me. I certainly could never count as a favorite Floyd album because of this.
Yes, but I agree with you about 'echoes'.
 :)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

Online vandermolen

• Veteran member
« Reply #25722 on: April 22, 2019, 09:33:26 AM »
The Beatles: Abbey Road

I walked over that Zebra Crossing a year ago. Odd how things remain with you - I came home from school one day, as a teenager, and found a copy of Abbey Road on my bed, when it first came out. My mother had bought it for me and it wasn't my birthday. One of my favourite Beatles albums together with the White Album and Sargent Pepper.

Thread duty:

Olafur Arnalds
Re member:
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

Offline aligreto

• Veteran member
« Reply #25723 on: April 22, 2019, 11:37:54 AM »

Stone cold classic!

It most certainly is, that is for sure. I know that it is something of a cliche but that album genuinely was a soundtrack to my late teens. I also have an early copy of the vinyl release which is now very well played!

I walked over that Zebra Crossing a year ago. Odd how things remain with you - I came home from school one day, as a teenager, and found a copy of Abbey Road on my bed, when it first came out. My mother had bought it for me and it wasn't my birthday. One of my favourite Beatles albums together with the White Album and Sargent Pepper.

What a lovely thing for your mother to have done.
The ability to talk comes with knowledge. The ability to listen comes with wisdom.

Offline George

• Veteran member
  • Hey Bert!
« Reply #25724 on: April 22, 2019, 12:21:14 PM »
It most certainly is, that is for sure. I know that it is something of a cliche but that album genuinely was a soundtrack to my late teens. I also have an early copy of the vinyl release which is now very well played!

Nice!

I have the earliest CD, pressed in Japan. I plan to pull it out soon and give it a spin.
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Online vandermolen

• Veteran member
« Reply #25725 on: April 22, 2019, 12:31:31 PM »

What a lovely thing for your mother to have done.
Yes, it was and it has stayed with me ever since. I bought a CD copy of it for my daughter a while back, so I guess that things have come full circle!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 12:33:09 PM by vandermolen »

Offline aligreto

• Veteran member
« Reply #25726 on: Today at 12:26:03 AM »

I have the earliest CD, pressed in Japan. I plan to pull it out soon and give it a spin.

Quality on all fronts. Happy listening.

Yes, it was and it has stayed with me ever since. I bought a CD copy of it for my daughter a while back, so I guess that things have come full circle!

Continuity.
The ability to talk comes with knowledge. The ability to listen comes with wisdom.

Offline aligreto

• Veteran member
« Reply #25727 on: Today at 06:56:53 AM »
Clifford T. Ward: Home Thoughts

He was such a fine songwriter.