Author Topic: Sound The TRUMPets! A Thread for Presidential Pondering 2016-2020(?)  (Read 581713 times)

Offline 71 dB

• Veteran member
  • I free-think, therefore I am free
    • Soundcloud
Re: Sound The TRUMPets! A Thread for Presidential Pondering 2016-2020(?)
« Reply #10540 on: June 19, 2018, 12:49:08 AM »
On the other hand: this concentration camp for kids policy has only ("only") 27% approval according to a couple of polls.
In the US it doesn't matter what people want. Over 90 % (even majority of NRA members!) want stricter gun laws and about 60 % want Medicare for all. However, Americans are not going to have those in the near future, because in the USA gun manufacturers and healthcare insurance companies call the shots.

That said, 27 % approval rate for kids' concentration camp is absolutely crazy. These are the people who are "too far gone."
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page

Offline k a rl h e nn i ng

• Veteran member
  • Et quid amabo nisi quod ænigma est?
    • Henningmusick
  • Currently Listening to:
    Shostakovich, Frescobaldi, Stravinsky, JS Bach, Liszt, Chopin, Haydn, Henning
« Reply #10541 on: June 19, 2018, 02:31:28 AM »
That said, 27 % approval rate for kids' concentration camp is absolutely crazy. These are the people who are "too far gone."

Roughly corresponds to the portion of the electorate who are with Trump, come hell or high water.  Entirely fact-resistant cultists.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

• Veteran member
    • Henningmusick
« Reply #10542 on: June 19, 2018, 02:43:20 AM »
It was a Trump favorite. Now lawyers want the famously discreet Beverly Hills Hotel to share its secrets.

Records of Donald Trump’s stays at the hotel's exclusive bungalows have been subpoenaed in a defamation lawsuit brought by former “Apprentice” contestant Summer Zervos — the first legal action to open the president’s private life to discovery.

[...]

Trump defiant as crisis grows over family separation at the border

President Trump continued to falsely blame congressional Democrats for what he decried as a “horrible and tough” situation. But Trump is empowered to immediately order border agents to stop enforcing his family separation policy.

[...]

Trump escalates trade war with China, threatens tariffs on $200 billion in products

Such a step would be virtually unprecedented and would put nearly all of the $505 billion in products that the United States imports from China under tariffs.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

• Veteran member
    • Henningmusick
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Offline zamyrabyrd

• Veteran member
  • selig sind
« Reply #10544 on: June 19, 2018, 02:50:49 AM »
Roughly corresponds to the portion of the electorate who are with Trump, come hell or high water.  Entirely fact-resistant cultists.

Especially for "Don't Bother Me with Facts Henning":

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-administration-holding-more-immigrant-children-shelters-ever-949099

Department of Health and Human Services' (HHS) Administration for Children and Families spokesperson Kenneth Wolfe told Newsweek on Wednesday that it had as many as 10,852 undocumented children in its custody—a significant jump from the 8,886 that were in the agency's custody on April 29, according to the Washington Post. spokesman for HHS’s Administration for Children and Families told

In fiscal year 2013, under the Barack Obama administration, the HHS Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) had as many as 25,000 unaccompanied children in its care across 80 shelters, according to a July 2014 article in Mother Jones.

So what's more humane, to leave them in the desert or give them food and shelter?
"I write to discover what I know."
 ― Flannery O'Connor

Offline André

• Veteran member
« Reply #10545 on: June 19, 2018, 04:41:39 AM »
You obviously didn’t read the article to the end  ::).

Offline zamyrabyrd

• Veteran member
  • selig sind
« Reply #10546 on: June 19, 2018, 05:11:55 AM »
You obviously didn’t read the article to the end  ::).

Just for you!!!  :)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yzat9MRNIlg" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yzat9MRNIlg</a>
 ― Flannery O'Connor

Offline 71 dB

• Veteran member
  • I free-think, therefore I am free
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #10547 on: June 19, 2018, 07:07:00 AM »

Pretty much, but there are an additional 10 % or so of people who aren't "too far gone", but are still supporting Trump out of corporate media induced ignorance. Those 10 % are remediable (with knowledge, facts and enlightment) unlike these 27 % who are in fact the deplorables HC was talking about two years ago (and did it in an idiotic/arrogant way that lost her the election).
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page

Offline drogulus

• Veteran member
  • Gypsy, 1970
« Reply #10548 on: June 19, 2018, 10:55:09 AM »

I just found out that another reclusive millionaire wants me, a retiree, to get out of cash now. Is this the guy on an isolated ranch? Perhaps each is a manifestation of the One True Financial Adviser.

One thing to know about the One True etc., he hates Obama and loves Trump and people who love Trump. So maybe I don't have to get out of cash after all. Also, I'm not in cash.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:45.9) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/3.2 Firefox/45.9 PaleMoon/27.3.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0

Online Daverz

• Veteran member
  • You can't fool me, it's turtles all the way down!
« Reply #10549 on: June 19, 2018, 11:16:31 AM »

The so-called 27% Crazification Factor, based on the percentage of Illinois voters who voted for Alan Keyes when he ran against Obama.  Given Trump's current approval rating, I think 27% is too low.

Offline André

• Veteran member
« Reply #10550 on: June 19, 2018, 12:41:20 PM »
Just for you!!!  :)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yzat9MRNIlg" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yzat9MRNIlg</a>

You must be kidding, right? Now I understand where fake news really originate from  ???.

Online Daverz

• Veteran member
  • You can't fool me, it's turtles all the way down!
« Reply #10551 on: June 19, 2018, 12:50:45 PM »
Trump is now using the word "infest" to refer to immigration.  We're into Der Stürmer territory here.

Offline SimonNZ

• Veteran member
« Reply #10552 on: June 19, 2018, 03:30:01 PM »
Hundreds of United Methodist Clergy file church charges against Jeff Sessions

"A group of more than 600 United Methodist clergy are bringing church law charges against U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions over a "zero tolerance" policy on U.S. immigration, which has resulted in the separation of families on the U.S.- Mexico border.

Sessions is a member of Ashland Methodist Church in Mobile, Al.

The group said in a June 18 statement that Sessions violated Paragraph 2702.3 of the denominations's Book of Discipline. Sessions is charged with child abuse, immorality, racial discrimination in separating children from their parents.

They also accused Sessions with "dissemination of doctrines contrary to the standards and doctrine of the United Methodist Church," in reference to Sessions' quoting a bible verse to defend the "zero tolerance" policy."

Offline SimonNZ

• Veteran member
« Reply #10553 on: June 19, 2018, 03:57:21 PM »
Kids who cross the border meet with therapists and social workers. What they say can be used against them.

"Undocumented kids in custody at the border think they’re getting help when they talk with a social worker or clinical psychologist, but what they say is often used to keep them in detention longer or even deport them, lawyers who work with these children say.

“They’ll encourage the kids to open up and disclose, but those notes are not protected by HIPAA or privacy law,” said Nithya Nathan, an attorney and senior program director for the Detained Children’s Program. “It’s our experience [kids] have a really limited understanding of where that information goes and how it can be used.”

Doctors and social workers have long provided care to undocumented kids held by the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR), the agency responsible for resettling minors who cross the border, including those seeking asylum. The appointments appear to be just like any other between a medical provider and a patient, but under the Trump administration, the US Department of Homeland Security is increasingly relying on medical and psychological records from these meetings to make decisions about the fate of these kids, numerous immigration lawyers who represent undocumented children told Vox.

Immigration lawyers said files containing confidential medical and psychological records and social work case files from ORR (an office overseen by the US Department of Health and Human Services) are increasingly showing up in immigration court as evidence.

Often, these files are used by the Trump administration as an argument to push undocumented kids, especially teens with psychiatric conditions, into higher levels of detention in what lawyers described as “jail-like” settings.

Central American asylum seekers wait as US Border Patrol agents take them into custody on June 12, 2018 near McAllen, Texas. US border authorities are executing the Trump administration’s “zero-tolerance” policy toward undocumented immigrants. Getty Images
Immigration lawyers also told Vox that children are sometimes deported back to their home countries on the basis of this information.

Lawyers say kids’ confidential information was also shared between agencies under the Obama administration. But under Trump, the policy is increasingly used to detain or deport undocumented minors."

Offline SimonNZ

• Veteran member

Offline zamyrabyrd

• Veteran member
  • selig sind
« Reply #10555 on: June 19, 2018, 08:57:27 PM »
You must be kidding, right? Now I understand where fake news really originate from  ???.

Sure, it must be a Potemkin village for show. There are other charitable places where the children are taken to.

What you don't understand is having to process people over several days means not mixing children in with adults who may not even be their parents or even related to them. Only in isolation is it possible to find out if they were forced to travel with those adults. Human trafficking is a possibility that must be considered seriously. If they are parents, then shame on them for dragging their kids along.

At any rate, these laws were put into place at least 20 years ago. Under Obama the number of separated children was much higher, that I already cited. But really, why bother us with facts?
 ― Flannery O'Connor

Offline SimonNZ

• Veteran member
« Reply #10556 on: June 19, 2018, 09:13:27 PM »

At any rate, these laws were put into place at least 20 years ago. Under Obama the number of separated children was much higher, that I already cited. But really, why bother us with facts?

You cited unaccompanied children.

Offline Christo

• Veteran member
  • ... an opening of those magic casements ...
« Reply #10557 on: June 19, 2018, 09:45:31 PM »
But really, why bother us with facts?
The true Trumpian creed indeed.  :D
… music is not only an `entertainment’, nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

Offline zamyrabyrd

• Veteran member
  • selig sind
« Reply #10558 on: June 19, 2018, 09:49:10 PM »
The true Trumpian creed indeed.  :D

The Bushes and Clintons lie outright:

“Frankly, this law was actually signed into effect in 2008 under her husband’s leadership, not under this administration,” Sanders said at the White House press briefing on Monday.

The law she was referring to was the Trafficking Victims Prevention Reauthorization Act signed by Bush in 2008, which Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen said was in need of reform."

https://steadfastandloyal.com/politics/sarah-sanders-slams-laura-bush-with-a-very-inconvenient-fact/
 ― Flannery O'Connor

Offline Rinaldo

• Veteran member
  • Cara sposa, dove sei?
    • aaraaf.net
« Reply #10559 on: June 20, 2018, 12:43:05 AM »
The Bushes and Clintons lie outright:

“Frankly, this law was actually signed into effect in 2008 under her husband’s leadership, not under this administration,” Sanders said at the White House press briefing on Monday.

The law she was referring to was the Trafficking Victims Prevention Reauthorization Act signed by Bush in 2008, which Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen said was in need of reform."

https://steadfastandloyal.com/politics/sarah-sanders-slams-laura-bush-with-a-very-inconvenient-fact/

It needs a reform, so.. they go zero tolerance. In what universe does that make any sense to you?

What's going on right now is the direct consequence of the current administration's policy. Trump could stop it with a single phone call. You don't give a flying f*ck about the kids. Such a good Christian.