Author Topic: Sound The TRUMPets! A Thread for Presidential Pondering 2016-2020(?)  (Read 491711 times)

Offline drogulus

• Veteran member
  • Gypsy, 1970
Re: Sound The TRUMPets! A Thread for Presidential Pondering 2016-2020(?)
« Reply #7140 on: November 26, 2017, 04:06:21 PM »

Maybe one day an isolationist will come up with a form of nonintervention that isn't downright stupid, so we can all pretend to be small and weak with no consequences. But I want to see that idea. I want to know how it works and what happens when a major challenge comes up, as they do from time to time.

You're one fruity person.

That's probably not it.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:45.9) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/3.2 Firefox/45.9 PaleMoon/27.3.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0

Offline Todd

• Veteran member
« Reply #7141 on: November 26, 2017, 04:28:34 PM »
...isolationist...

This is the most predictable word in the arsenal of warmongers.
The universe is change; life is opinion.   Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Offline snyprrr

• Veteran member
  • SQs, PQs, PQTs, PTs, VSs, Berlioz-Xenakis/Aperghis
  • Currently Listening to:
    Things that are crisp and spritely vs. things that are thick and creamy
« Reply #7142 on: November 26, 2017, 08:06:32 PM »
you guys are all high on theory right now... when's the crash gonna happen?
Rat Poison is 99% Good Food, so Follow the Money

Haydn-Sikh

Offline 71 dB

• Veteran member
  • I free-think, therefore I am free
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #7143 on: November 27, 2017, 04:15:27 AM »
Interventionism is about interventing and then leaving. If you intervent and stay there it's colonialism, not interventionism.
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page

Offline milk

• Veteran member
« Reply #7144 on: November 27, 2017, 04:36:17 AM »
Ron Paul wasn't a populist, right? Just an isolationist/noninterventionist of sorts...I didn't support him as he's too much like the John Birchers or something. I'm not a libertarian but it seems that the right had a chance at principled noninterventionism with him. Seems like what we have now is the Tump hotel-investment foreign policy. Some of my friends on the left don't mind it and think the Russia thing is like a conspiracy theory run amok. I can see why some lefties though Paul was better alternative than the status quo. Don't know about his bushy-headed son. Sure, U.S. military since whenever has been Ike's nightmare. Still, it's a dangerous world. Will it be any better with China and Putin in charge?   

Offline Florestan

• Veteran member
  • Mozart painted by Jean-Baptiste Greuze, 1763-64
« Reply #7145 on: November 27, 2017, 04:42:17 AM »
it's a dangerous world. Will it be any better with China and Putin in charge?

Absolutely not.
Music, even in situations of the greatest horror, should never be painful to the ear but should flatter and charm it, and thereby always remain music.. - Mozart

Offline 71 dB

• Veteran member
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #7146 on: November 27, 2017, 04:42:27 AM »
you guys are all high on theory right now... when's the crash gonna happen?

A "crash" is a rapid state change of a chaotic system and therefore we can't predict accurately when something will happen, only the propabilities. It's like scientists predicting more/stronger hurricanes due to climate change, but we still can't tell when the next category 5 hurricane will hit Florida. Trump's policy will make the crash harder and sooner and the whole world will feel it. That's why the whole world is so frustrated over americans being such simpletons to believe Trump's BS campaign and not seeing what a corporate hack he is. Muslim ban and the wall are just about the only things he didn't do an 180. Both stupid. You don't fight drugs with a wall. You win by stopping the drug wars altogether. Legalize, regulate and tax drugs. Islamic terror is not a major problem in US. Gun violence is. Toddlers kill accidentally more people than islamic terrosts, so check your priorities and tackle real problems. Money out of politics so that NRA doesn't dictate gun laws. Of course Trump is the opposite of that. For him money = politics.

My Sound Cloud page

Offline 71 dB

• Veteran member
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #7147 on: November 27, 2017, 04:51:33 AM »
Still, it's a dangerous world. Will it be any better with China and Putin in charge?

In my eyes Trump has made Russia and China look responsible countries in comparison. At least these two countries are part of the Paris climate agreement and don't try to ignate war with North Korea.

My Sound Cloud page

Offline k a rl h e nn i ng

• Veteran member
  • Et quid amabo nisi quod ænigma est?
    • Henningmusick
    Shostakovich, Frescobaldi, Stravinsky, JS Bach, Liszt, Chopin, Haydn, Henning
« Reply #7148 on: November 27, 2017, 05:41:35 AM »
In my eyes Trump has made Russia and China look responsible countries in comparison.

He has severely degraded the United States.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

• Veteran member
    • Henningmusick
« Reply #7149 on: November 27, 2017, 05:47:12 AM »
The Post reports:

President Trump on Tuesday appeared to offer support to Republican  candidate Roy Moore in the Alabama Senate race, saying the former state judge “totally denies” allegations that he sexually molested underage girls years ago.

“He denies it,” Trump told reporters at the White House. “He says it didn’t happen and you have to listen to him, also.”

Trump criticized Moore’s opponent, Democrat Doug Jones, as being “terrible on crime, terrible on borders.”

“We don’t need a liberal person in there, a Democrat,” Trump added.

The complete moral ruin of the GOP is now evident to all who care to see.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Offline Florestan

• Veteran member
« Reply #7150 on: November 27, 2017, 05:56:03 AM »
In my eyes Trump has made Russia and China look responsible countries in comparison. At least these two countries are part of the Paris climate agreement and don't try to ignate war with North Korea.

Yeah! Nevermind authoritarianism / totalitarianism, censorhip, imprisonment of political opponents and dissidents, gross violation of human rights and (in the case of Russia) verbal or physical aggresiveness towards any neighbors which dare emancipate themselves from Russia's influence --- long live the Paris Agreement and the fight for peace!
Music, even in situations of the greatest horror, should never be painful to the ear but should flatter and charm it, and thereby always remain music.. - Mozart

Offline 71 dB

• Veteran member
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #7151 on: November 27, 2017, 06:08:00 AM »
Yeah! Nevermind authoritarianism / totalitarianism, censorhip, imprisonment of political opponents and dissidents, gross violation of human rights and (in the case of Russia) verbal or physical aggresiveness towards any neighbors which dare emancipate themselves from Russia's influence --- long live the Paris Agreement and the fight for peace!

That's why it is so telling that Trump has changed the perspective.

My Sound Cloud page

Offline Florestan

• Veteran member
« Reply #7152 on: November 27, 2017, 06:12:13 AM »
That's why it is so telling that Trump has changed the perspective.

He certainly didn't change mine. I still think the USA is by far the best country of all the three under consideration, and I'm perfectly happy to live under their global hegemony.

Offline 71 dB

• Veteran member
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #7153 on: November 27, 2017, 06:21:27 AM »
He certainly didn't change mine. I still think the USA is by far the best country of all the three under consideration, and I'm perfectly happy to live under their global hegemony.

The USA as a nation is far from it's full potential as the greatest country in the world. Perhaps in Romania their "hegemony" is beneficial, but that's not the case everywhere. In Irak alone 200 000 civilians have died in a war agains terrorists.

My Sound Cloud page

Offline drogulus

• Veteran member
  • Gypsy, 1970
« Reply #7154 on: November 27, 2017, 06:49:36 AM »

This is the most predictable word in the arsenal of warmongers.

That's why I used it, as a trigger. We warmongers are better than you isolationists.

Interventionism is about interventing and then leaving. If you intervent and stay there it's colonialism, not interventionism.

There are different ways of being an empire, and the U.S. has been most of them. The most important role is guarantor of the world economic and political network, the coalition of cooperating nations. When did we decide to graduate from being a continental power to attaining systemic responsibility? I don't think these arrangements are ideologically determined as much as those hostile to internationalism suppose. One can alter policy on messianic or neocon or liberal grounds, and even on America Firster grounds. An America First empire is just shitty in a different way.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:45.9) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/3.2 Firefox/45.9 PaleMoon/27.3.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0

Offline Todd

• Veteran member
« Reply #7155 on: November 27, 2017, 06:52:52 AM »
That's why I used it, as a trigger. We warmongers are better than you isolationists.

Ah, I see.

He has severely degraded the United States.

He still has up to seven years to degrade it some more.

Offline Todd

• Veteran member
« Reply #7156 on: November 27, 2017, 06:58:36 AM »
Leandra English, the woman at the center of a White House battle for control of the CFPB, files lawsuit against Trump pick to lead watchdog agency

In other words, the federal government is suing itself.  This is awesome.  This type of legal maneuver must be encouraged.

Offline BasilValentine

« Reply #7157 on: November 27, 2017, 08:18:32 AM »
Ron Paul wasn't a populist, right? Just an isolationist/noninterventionist of sorts...I didn't support him as he's too much like the John Birchers or something. I'm not a libertarian but it seems that the right had a chance at principled noninterventionism with him. Seems like what we have now is the Tump hotel-investment foreign policy. Some of my friends on the left don't mind it and think the Russia thing is like a conspiracy theory run amok. I can see why some lefties though Paul was better alternative than the status quo. Don't know about his bushy-headed son. Sure, U.S. military since whenever has been Ike's nightmare. Still, it's a dangerous world. Will it be any better with China and Putin in charge?

With a little endorse a Saudi-led campaign against countries (Qatar) whose rich citizens renege on their loan offers to bail out Trump's son-in-law foreign policy.

Offline milk

• Veteran member
« Reply #7158 on: November 28, 2017, 03:30:16 AM »
Absolutely not.
I tend to agree. It's, again, interesting to me how some people on the right meet some people on the left in thinking otherwise. Here in Asia, a lot rests on the U.S. maintaining some leadership and credibility. Even (or especially) Vietnam feels that way and it was the victim of one of the U.S.'s biggest crimes.

• Veteran member
    • Henningmusick
« Reply #7159 on: November 28, 2017, 05:03:42 AM »
[...] Seems like what we have now is the Tump hotel-investment foreign policy. Some of my friends on the left don't mind it and think the Russia thing is like a conspiracy theory run amok. I can see why some lefties though Paul was better alternative than the status quo. Don't know about his bushy-headed son. Sure, U.S. military since whenever has been Ike's nightmare. Still, it's a dangerous world. Will it be any better with China and Putin in charge?   

Absolutely not.

Which is why El Tupé is not merely America’s problem, though he is only America’s disgrace.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA