Author Topic: Sound The TRUMPets! A Thread for Presidential Pondering 2016-2020(?)  (Read 534477 times)

Offline -abe-

• Veteran member
Re: Sound The TRUMPets! A Thread for Presidential Pondering 2016-2020(?)
« Reply #9340 on: March 13, 2018, 05:11:48 PM »
I agree with that I guess. Perhaps I want to say, first, that the kids are just not alright as a matter of principle. But, I do think that this kind of politics really does threaten the viability of the party in the sense that it really does have influence. I'm going to lump this in with identity politics, those that are "woke" vs. those that aren't, those who are "allies" and those who aren't, intolerance for less than 100% agreement, etc. That's the stuff someone at the NYT should get on and that will impact the party.

Is that what they should get on? What about the substantive divisions within the Democratic party?

http://theweek.com/articles/760352/fight-soul-democratic-party

Offline milk

• Veteran member
« Reply #9341 on: March 13, 2018, 05:43:05 PM »
Is that what they should get on? What about the substantive divisions within the Democratic party?

http://theweek.com/articles/760352/fight-soul-democratic-party
Well, it's one thing that needs critiquing. Interesting article. I guess I'm more with Faction #2. But, I'm open-minded for an independent as well. When Bernie got shouted down during one of his primary speeches...that's the kind of thing I think is bad for the dems.

Offline SimonNZ

• Veteran member
« Reply #9342 on: March 13, 2018, 06:22:58 PM »
Another firing by tweet? What a coward. He can't even live up to the face to face " you're fired" of his tv persona.

What would happen if they just said "I don't read tweets" or " I'm not on twitter" or better yet "there's a correct process for this and until that happens it's business as usual as far as I'm concerned".?

I assume the timing is also meant to distract from the release of that new book on the Russia connection.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 06:24:32 PM by SimonNZ »

kishnevi

« Reply #9343 on: March 13, 2018, 06:29:42 PM »
Another firing by tweet? What a coward. He can't even live up to the face to face " you're fired" of his tv persona.

What would happen if they just said "I don't read tweets" or " I'm not on twitter" or better yet "there's a correct process for this and until that happens it's business as usual as far as I'm concerned".?

I assume the timing is also meant to distract from the release of that new book on the Russia connection.

Just as likely, distract everyone from Stormy. Firing Rex-T stomps all over that story.

Offline LKB

• Veteran member
  • Currently Listening to:
    something between my ears
« Reply #9344 on: March 13, 2018, 09:49:32 PM »
Just as likely, distract everyone from Stormy. Firing Rex-T stomps all over that story.

+1,

LKB
Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

Offline Que

• Global Moderator
  • "One HIP dude"
    Still nuts about harpsichord music and exploring Early Music.
« Reply #9345 on: March 13, 2018, 11:49:28 PM »
I read that 60% of the career foreign service staff quit under Tillerson, and that job applications for the foreign service are down 50% in the new administration.

Similar to the situation where Trump has failed to fill major administration positions responsible for science and technical policy. It is part of a pattern of completely discounting the value of expertise.

Same pattern in Britain's Foreign Office....

Seems like both countries have taken a leave of absence from political sanity.

I could gloat, since both countries had it coming after their joint effort to steer the world into the abiss by a hap hazard invasion of Iraq.

But it's actually pretty scary..... ::)

Q
À chacun son goût.

Offline BasilValentine

« Reply #9346 on: March 14, 2018, 04:48:17 AM »
Same pattern in Britain's Foreign Office....

Seems like both countries have taken a leave of absence from political sanity.

I could gloat, since both countries had it coming after their joint effort to steer the world into the abiss by a hap hazard invasion of Iraq.

But it's actually pretty scary..... ::)

Q

Hey! When we want to steer the world into the abyss, all we need is one stupid reform of banking regulations. Oops, we did it again. Sorry …

Offline drogulus

• Veteran member
  • Gypsy, 1970
« Reply #9347 on: March 14, 2018, 07:19:34 AM »

Fox News sued by parents of Seth Rich, slain DNC staffer, over conspiracy theory about his death

The lawsuit describes months of strategic planning among Zimmerman, Butowsky and Wheeler to convince the Riches that evidence linked Seth Rich to the DNC leaks. The political motivation behind the story, the suit alleges, was to absolve the Trump administration of the investigation into Russian collusion by showing that the hacking instead came from within — from 27-year-old Creighton University graduate Seth Rich.

So far WH involvement is limited to awareness of the plot. Of course that's an allegation, yet to be proved. Only the sun can prove it will come up tomorrow by coming up tomorrow, though I insist on alleging that it will.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:45.9) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/3.2 Firefox/45.9 PaleMoon/27.3.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0

Offline k a rl h e nn i ng

• Veteran member
  • Et quid amabo nisi quod ænigma est?
    • Henningmusick
    Shostakovich, Frescobaldi, Stravinsky, JS Bach, Liszt, Chopin, Haydn, Henning
« Reply #9348 on: March 14, 2018, 10:36:43 AM »
I used this phrase in August of 2016:  an unqualified bigot who doesn't have the emotional discipline of a two-year-old.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Spineur

« Reply #9349 on: March 14, 2018, 12:59:27 PM »
School walkout day: America's youth has dignity which contrast with the tawdry Trump

Offline SimonNZ

• Veteran member
« Reply #9350 on: March 14, 2018, 04:01:09 PM »
Ronald Reagan Jr on Trump:

The Problem Isn’t Just Trump. It’s Our Ignorant Electorate. It is not effete snobbery or elitist condescension to note that ill-informed voters contributed to the current mess.

"For many of us, mornings have taken on a certain nauseating sameness. We roll out from beneath the blankets and, before the scent of coffee has reached our nostrils, we are checking the news feeds for the latest semi-literate tweet coughed up by the ranting, traitorous squatter occupying the Oval Office.

The rest of the day is spent in a kind of horrified suspension, holding our breath, waiting for whatever outrage will inevitably belch forth from the White House—once a bastion of seriousness and decorum, now ground zero for the demise of western democracy. How many lies will Trump spew today? Which dictators will he suck up to? Will he smear a Gold Star family? Attack a woman who dares to call out his smarmy predations? Unveil a puerile, racist nickname for a Senator or member of his own cabinet?"
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 04:02:54 PM by SimonNZ »

Offline Daverz

• Veteran member
  • You can't fool me, it's turtles all the way down!

Offline BasilValentine

« Reply #9353 on: March 14, 2018, 07:08:34 PM »
"She's a very low I.Q. person."

"Space is a war-fighting domain, just like the land, the air, and sea. We may even have a space force!"

She's a very low I.Q. person?

Nikki Haley's speech at the U.N. was exactly on and well read. Paraphrasing… (loosely ;)): The U.S. is with Britain now and always, no matter how many of us the f---ing moron fires.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 07:31:42 PM by BasilValentine »

Offline -abe-

• Veteran member
« Reply #9354 on: March 14, 2018, 07:30:30 PM »
"She's a very low I.Q. person."

"Space is a war-fighting domain, just like the land, the air, and sea. We may even have a space force!"

Thus spake Trump.

Nikki Haley's speech at the U.N. was exactly on and well read. Paraphrasing: The U.S. is with Britain now and always, no matter how many of us the f---ing moron fires.

Yep! I'm seeing many liberals retweeting her speech. She spoke for all Americans.

Offline -abe-

• Veteran member
« Reply #9355 on: March 14, 2018, 07:34:16 PM »
On the other hand other liberals on Twitter are calling this segment from Fox News "fascist" but I think it's spot on:

Men's Failing Wages Causes Family Collapse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP33T4KjR3c

Economic libertarianism undermines things social conservatives say they care about...

Offline Que

• Global Moderator
  • "One HIP dude"
    Still nuts about harpsichord music and exploring Early Music.
« Reply #9356 on: March 14, 2018, 11:06:01 PM »

Nikki Haley's speech at the U.N. was exactly on and well read. Paraphrasing… (loosely ;)): The U.S. is with Britain now and always, no matter how many of us the f---ing moron fires.

Thank God, I hope the Western countries will stick together....  ::)

Putin is (and was) a thread to world peace.... though part of his success is that he only had to reap the poisonous fruits of the mess the US & the UK created. Syria is an obvious example.

It seems Macron hasn't forgot about the "Freedom Fries" either, and is hesitant to join in....

Anyway, Putin is Trump's buddy, so it's all good!  :laugh:

Q
À chacun son goût.

• Veteran member
    • Henningmusick
« Reply #9357 on: March 15, 2018, 03:50:14 AM »
Careful, it's starting to sound as though you are gloating over financial losses.

No, indeed.  My own retirement fund has not yet recovered, more than a month later.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

• Veteran member
    • Henningmusick
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Offline 71 dB

• Veteran member
  • I free-think, therefore I am free
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #9359 on: March 15, 2018, 05:27:33 AM »
An incompetent, imbecilic President...

Trump's presidency has been idiotic if we think what's best for the country, but Trump isn't in the office to make the nation better (or great again). He is there to serve himself, his rich friends and donators. He has done amazingly good job at that, don't you think? I'm sure Koch brothers are very very pleased with the tax reform. Great job President Trump!! So, in that context he could be seen as a stable genius he claims to be. Trumps IQ is probably clearly over 100, but the problem is not his IQ, but that he is empty as a person. He is insanely narsicistic and lacks humanity and empathy. He doesn't know how to serve people. He doesn't know what it means, because he is a narsicist without empathy. He simply can't use his intellectual capacity for the benefit of anyone except himself, people close to him and rich donators. Never before has he needed to do that, because he has been insanely priviledged all his life. He was born filthy rich, but mentally very very poor. In functioning democratic societies such people are not elected as presidents. So, blame the utter corruption in the US instead of Trump's IQ. Trump's correct place in inside WWE ring where his narcisism is only beneficial, not in the white house ruining the country and planet for the benefit of Wall Street and Koch brothers.
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page