Author Topic: Sound The TRUMPets! A Thread for Presidential Pondering 2016-2020(?)  (Read 601105 times)

Christo and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline 71 dB

• Veteran member
  • I free-think, therefore I am free
    • Soundcloud
Re: Sound The TRUMPets! A Thread for Presidential Pondering 2016-2020(?)
« Reply #12940 on: October 11, 2018, 04:24:49 AM »
Of course, part of the problem is, the Trumpkins really dig this about him.  Who knew there would be so many Americans, with such an insatiable appetite for bullshittery?

Trump’s presidency is one giant act of trolling

The question is how long will it take for the Trumpanzees to realise their cult leader doesn't actually care about them and just lies about everything? Women supporters seem to leave him by numbers which is not surprising at all, but how about men? Of course even if Trump lost all of his base the Republicans wouldn't impeach him so the World is forced to watch this insanity for two more long years...  ???
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page

Offline k a rl h e nn i ng

• Veteran member
  • Et quid amabo nisi quod ænigma est?
    • Henningmusick
  • Currently Listening to:
    Shostakovich, Frescobaldi, Stravinsky, JS Bach, Liszt, Chopin, Haydn, Henning
« Reply #12941 on: October 11, 2018, 04:35:29 AM »
The question is how long will it take for the Trumpanzees to realise their cult leader doesn't actually care about them and just lies about everything?

I doubt that such self-awareness will ever arise.  They are committed to believing what they want to believe.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Offline arpeggio

« Reply #12942 on: October 11, 2018, 04:37:53 AM »
It's the economy stupid.  Trumpsters will not abandon him unless the economy collapses and the little net worth they have goes up in smoke.

• Veteran member
    • Henningmusick
« Reply #12943 on: October 11, 2018, 05:08:44 AM »
It's the economy stupid.  Trumpsters will not abandon him unless the economy collapses and the little net worth they have goes up in smoke.

Anything less than seismic, the'll shrug off, since they have swallowed the con that he is "a business geeenius."

Do Todd and David really swallow that swill?  If they do not, they are content to act as if they do.  Slurp, slurp.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

• Veteran member
    • Henningmusick
« Reply #12944 on: October 11, 2018, 05:10:02 AM »
And, for the “I can’t believe they’re still harping on the ‘rhetoric’!” crowd:

Just in time for the election, the Trump administration is back to its monkey business.

The acting head of the Environmental Protection Agency is the latest administration figure found to have trafficked racist imagery. HuffPost reported this week on Andrew Wheeler’s “like” of a 2013 post showing President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama looking longingly at a banana held by a white hand.

Wheeler claims he can’t recall the episode. Maybe he was distracted by his efforts to explain more recent undertakings, including retweeting a fanatic behind the bogus “Pizzagate” and Seth Rich conspiracies, and liking a tweet disputing Christine Blasey Ford’s allegations.

This is just the latest case of Trump advisers gone bananas:

● The chief White House economic adviser, who in August hosted a publisher of white nationalists.

● The White House speechwriter who resigned in August over his participation in a white-nationalist conference.

● The homeland security adviser who quit in August over his emails with white nationalists using Nazi terminology.

● Another homeland security adviser who called black people lazy and promiscuous.

● The AmeriCorps spokesman who disparaged blacks, Muslims, gays, women and immigrants.

● The counterterrorism adviser who wore a medal from a Hungarian nationalist organization with Nazi ties.

● The former deputy campaign manager who told a black man on TV that “you’re out of your cotton pickin’ mind.”

● The Energy Department official whose
social-media accounts called Obama a Kenyan and his mother a “fourth-rate p&*n actress and w@!re.”

● Other officials, at the departments of Interior and Defense, who championed the “birther” movement.

Exposed by CNN, the Atlantic or The Post, most have lost their jobs.

But why the double standard? These Neanderthals were just aping the president’s behavior.

Trump’s closing theme for the 2018 midterms is becoming a grim reprise of the white-nationalist themes that propelled him in 2016.

In Iowa on Tuesday, speaking of the (European) Americans who settled the plains, Trump said: “These courageous patriots did not shed their blood, sweat and tears so that we could sit at home while others tried to erase their legacy and destroy our proud American heritage.”

Destroying “our” heritage: It’s a common theme of white nationalists, and Trump has deployed a variant six times in the past three weeks. “A vote for Republicans is a vote . . . to reclaim America’s true heritage and righteous destiny. We’re losing that with these crazy loco people,” he said on Saturday.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

• Veteran member
    • Henningmusick
« Reply #12945 on: October 11, 2018, 05:11:24 AM »
That swamp must be about drained, by now . . . .
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Offline geralmar

« Reply #12946 on: October 11, 2018, 05:43:13 AM »
I doubt that such self-awareness will ever arise.  They are committed to believing what they want to believe.

It will always be Obama's fault.

Offline arpeggio

« Reply #12947 on: October 11, 2018, 06:10:54 PM »
A gentleman on MSNBC, I can not remember his name but he works at a major investment firm, predicted that if the stock market continues to decline, the Republicans will blame it on the Democrats.  The argument will be that investors will be so afraid of the Democrats taking over the house and the senate, that they will get out of the market.

Offline 71 dB

• Veteran member
  • I free-think, therefore I am free
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #12948 on: October 12, 2018, 01:19:58 AM »
BREAKING: Ann Coulter backs out of Politicon debate with Kyle Kulinski.  ;D She must have watched some Secular Talk videos and realized Kyle would have eaten her alive. Kyle Kulinski is ready to debate anyone on the right and as of now it seems it will be Kyle Kulinski + David Pakman against Koch lapdogs Candace "Lock Christine Blasey Ford up (because she accused a right-wing nut of sexual assault)" Owens + Charlie "Taylor Swift should stay away from politics (because she disagrees with me and freedom of speech only belongs to the right)" Kirk.

Seems like Candace Owens backed out too.  ;D These coward conservatives + Politicon has been very unprofessional.
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page

• Veteran member
    • Henningmusick
« Reply #12949 on: October 12, 2018, 07:13:33 AM »
A gentleman on MSNBC, I can not remember his name but he works at a major investment firm, predicted that if the stock market continues to decline, the Republicans will blame it on the Democrats.  The argument will be that investors will be so afraid of the Democrats taking over the house and the senate, that they will get out of the market.

It's rubbish, but it is just the sort of rubbish the Trumpkins have been lapping up all along.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Offline EddieRUKiddingVarese

• "Everyone is born with genius, but most people onl
« Reply #12950 on: October 12, 2018, 11:20:55 AM »
Teacher who recounted Trump aide eating glue as a child is suspended

teacher who recounted how a senior aide to President Trump ate glue as a third-grader is in trouble with her employers.

The Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District has placed veteran teacher Nikki Fiske on "home assignment" while it decides what to do, if anything, about disclosures she made about a young Stephen Miller.

Miller, 33, has grown up to be a senior advisor to Trump. But his prospects did not appear so promising to Fiske when Miller was a student in her classroom at Franklin Elementary School.

"Do you remember that character in Peanuts, the one called Pig Pen, with the
dust cloud and crumbs flying all around him? That was Stephen Miller at 8," Fiske recounted in an article posted Wednesday by the Hollywood Reporter. "I was always trying to get him to clean up his desk - he always had stuff mashed up in there."

And there was a problem with glue.

"He would pour the glue on his arm, let it dry, peel it off and then eat it," she said. "He was a strange dude."

The school district's concern is "about her release of student information, including allegations that the release may not have complied with applicable laws and district policies," said district spokeswoman Gail Pinsker.
"This has been picked up by other digital publications and blogs, and some issues have been raised," Pinsker said.

The brief article is in the first-person voice of Fiske "as told to Benjamin Svetkey," who is a senior editor at the publication.

Fiske's disclosures have prompted angry responses.

"The real takeaway from this story is that Fiske sounds like a real piece of trash," wrote Becket Adams in the Washington Examiner. "What kind of teacher goes to an entertainment newspaper with gossip about an 8-year-old boy? Hell, forget that she's a teacher. What kind of human being does that?"

Fiske, 72, is a registered Democrat who, based on her Facebook account, supports causes associated with liberals and progressives, such as gun control and halting the killing of dogs for meat in China.

She could not be reached for comment Thursday night.
"Everyone is born with genius, but most people only keep it a few minutes"
 and I need the knits, the double knits!

Offline bwv 1080

• Veteran member
« Reply #12951 on: October 12, 2018, 11:21:13 AM »
The shooting of Politkovskaya in the elevator of her apartment building in October 2006 has haunted Russian President Vladimir Putin ever since; it was one of the turning points in his transition from useful situational ally of the West after the Sept. 11 attacks to the status of a rogue authoritarian ruler. Khashoggi’s Oct. 2 disappearance should, by rights, be a similar turning point for Crown Prince Mohammed of Saudi Arabia

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-10-12/will-khashoggi-s-disappearance-shape-saudi-prince-mohamed-s-rule

Will this put any halt to our support for the slaughter in Yemen?

Trump is quietly escalating America’s role in the Saudi-led war on Yemen, disregarding the huge humanitarian toll and voices in Congress that are trying to rein in the Pentagon’s involvement. Trump administration officials are considering a request from Saudi Arabia and its ally, the United Arab Emirates, for direct US military help to retake Yemen’s main port from Houthi rebels.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jun/11/trump-yemen-saudi-arabi-war-us-involvement-worsening-crisis

Lest Trump get all the blame (and he deserves his share), our support for the Saudi's war in Yemen began with Obama

President Barack Obama’s most indefensible and harmful foreign-policy decision. On the evening of March 25, 2015, a statement from National Security Council spokesperson Bernadette Meehan was posted on the White House’s website: “President Obama has authorized the provision of logistical and intelligence support to GCC [Gulf Cooperation Council]-led military operations. While U.S. forces are not taking direct military action in Yemen in support of this effort, we are establishing a Joint Planning Cell with Saudi Arabia to coordinate U.S. military and intelligence support.” Two days later, Obama called Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz al-Saud and “reaffirmed the strong friendship between the United States and Saudi Arabia and emphasized the United States’ support for the action taken by Saudi Arabia, GCC members, and others.”

https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/03/27/happy-anniversary-to-americas-shameful-travesty-of-a-war-in-yemen/

But only when a Republican is in power does the blue team pretend to care about the damage our foreign policy inflicts
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 11:54:20 AM by bwv 1080 »
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Offline Ghost of Baron Scarpia

« Reply #12952 on: October 12, 2018, 11:46:14 AM »
But only when a Republican is in power does the blue team pretend to care about the damage our foreign policy inflicts

I don't know if that is fair. Obama took a fair bit of flack for the use of drones in anti-terror actions.

Yemen has gotten a lot worse, those of us who admired Obama can at least tell ourselves that he never would have let it escalate to this level, and would have prevented the excesses we are seeing.

Offline drogulus

• Veteran member
  • Gypsy, 1970
« Reply #12953 on: October 12, 2018, 11:55:00 AM »
     There was a resolution to block arms sales to the Saudis in Sept 2016 which was pretty much over the Yemen war. It lost 71-27. Of those nay votes 4 were Repubs.

Obama could have demonstrated U.S. resolve in Syria instead of Yemen. Instead Putin did, and the Iranians.

I don't get the opposition to drone warfare. They kill far fewer people, so more dead ones are bad ones.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 02:06:49 PM by drogulus »
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:45.9) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/3.2 Firefox/45.9 PaleMoon/27.3.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0

Offline bwv 1080

• Veteran member
« Reply #12954 on: October 12, 2018, 11:58:07 AM »
I don't know if that is fair. Obama took a fair bit of flack for the use of drones in anti-terror actions.

Yemen has gotten a lot worse, those of us who admired Obama can at least tell ourselves that he never would have let it escalate to this level, and would have prevented the excesses we are seeing.

Flack from congress?  And he did preside over the escalation and largest troop deployments (and corresponding casualties) to Afghanistan in 2010-2011 for the idiotic surge attempt.  Gets a pass on that too
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Offline Ghost of Baron Scarpia

« Reply #12955 on: October 12, 2018, 12:03:34 PM »
     There was a resolution to block arms sales to the Saudis in Sept 2016 which was pretty much over the Yemen war. It lost 71-27. Of those nay votes 4 were Repubs.

Something doesn't add up. 71 nay votes, 4 were Republicans, so 67 were Democrats? There were only 49 Democrats.

I don't get the opposition to drone warfare. They kill far fewer people, so more dead ones are bad ones.

You can say worse things were done, but they were not covered by the rules of warfare, they were essentially non-judicial executions. You think if someone in the government of Portugal doesn't like you they're allowed to send a drone up and drop a bomb on your car as you drive down the interstate?

Online Christo

• Veteran member
  • ... an opening of those magic casements ...
« Reply #12956 on: October 12, 2018, 01:38:20 PM »
There were only 49 Democrats.
48, to be precise (meaning at least 23 votes must have been Republicans).
… music is not only an `entertainment’, nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

Offline drogulus

• Veteran member
  • Gypsy, 1970
« Reply #12957 on: October 12, 2018, 02:04:17 PM »

You can say worse things were done, but they were not covered by the rules of warfare, they were essentially non-judicial executions. You think if someone in the government of Portugal doesn't like you they're allowed to send a drone up and drop a bomb on your car as you drive down the interstate?

I think if Portugal is at war with the U.S. they will use drones so I don't get killed, because it's a civilized country which aims to reduce civilian casualties while killing bad guys. Why wouldn't I think that? That's what we do, though there may have been changes in the rules of engagement since Trump came in. War Criminal Obama was a real prig about it.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:45.9) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/3.2 Firefox/45.9 PaleMoon/27.3.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0

Offline SimonNZ

• Veteran member
« Reply #12958 on: October 12, 2018, 03:44:07 PM »
The Trump Campaign Says Exploiting Hacked Emails Is Free Speech

"In a motion to dismiss a new lawsuit accusing President Donald Trump’s campaign team of illegally conspiring with Russian agents to disseminate stolen emails during the election, Trump campaign lawyers have tried out a new defense: free speech.

The lawsuit, filed last month by two donors and one former employee of the Democratic National Committee, alleges that the Trump campaign, along with former Trump adviser Roger Stone, worked with Russia and WikiLeaks to publish hacked DNC emails, thereby violating their privacy.

But the Trump campaign—represented by Jeffrey Baltruzak, Michael A. Carvin, Nikki L. McArthur, and Vivek Suri, all of the law firm Jones Day—responded in a brief filed Tuesday that the campaign can’t be held legally responsible for WikiLeaks’s publication of the DNC emails.

Furthermore, the Trump lawyers argued, the First Amendment protects the campaign’s “right to disclose information—even stolen information—so long as (1) the speaker did not participate in the theft and (2) the information deals with matters of public concern.”

and a response I saw elsewhere:

"And the Citizens United decision determined money is speech, so, if I put the two together does that now mean that bank robbery is protected by the first amendment?"
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 03:51:05 PM by SimonNZ »

Offline SimonNZ

• Veteran member
« Reply #12959 on: October 12, 2018, 04:16:47 PM »
Trump to Finally Answer Mueller’s Questions, But There’s a Catch

"Seventeen months after the launch of the Special Counsel investigation into potential collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, President Trump will finally answer questions from Robert Mueller, according to multiple reports.

The questions will focus solely on alleged collusion, not on the many times Trump may have obstructed justice during the investigation. That means no questions about the firing of former FBI Director James Comey and no questions about Trump’s highly questionable tweets.

The most notable detail about the interview, though, is that it won’t be conducted in person. Rather, Trump’s answers to the 15 questions will come in writing. Even though Mueller’s office has insisted on asking follow-ups and subjecting Trump to a second round of questions, CNN reports that the process for doing so is not at all clear:

There may be more rounds of questions after the first answers are returned. The special counsel had insisted that there be a chance for follow-up questions as well. But after a prolonged back-and-forth over months, the two sides agreed to start with a first round of questions."