Author Topic: Would you recommend recording softwares to capture from Spotify and Deezer?  (Read 811 times)

coffee-adict

Just wanted to know your opinion.  I'm using tunebite premium (http://audials.com/en/how_to_record_internet_radios/index.html) to record music from Spotify and Deezer. I know this is a difficult and sensitive topic, since recording is not allowed in every country. But instead of buying each song, for me it is a more convienent way, since I often liste to songs only 2-3 times and than I get annoied. So any opinions?

Offline Gurn Blanston

• Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)
  • Global Moderator
  • Support your local Haydn Society
    • Gurn's Haydn Blog
  • Currently Listening to:
    Haydn, I reckon.
Just wanted to know your opinion.  I'm using tunebite premium (http://audials.com/en/how_to_record_internet_radios/index.html) to record music from Spotify and Deezer. I know this is a difficult and sensitive topic, since recording is not allowed in every country. But instead of buying each song, for me it is a more convienent way, since I often liste to songs only 2-3 times and than I get annoied. So any opinions?

It is difficult for me to figure how there can be any misunderstanding of this language. It is very clear and unambiguous:

From Spotify's Terms of use:
Spotify respects intellectual property rights and expects you to do the same. We’ve established a few ground rules for you to follow when using the Service, to make sure Spotify stays enjoyable for everyone. Please follow these rules and encourage other users to do the same.

8. The following is not permitted for any reason whatsoever:
Copying, redistributing, reproducing, “ripping”, recording, transferring, performing or displaying to the public, broadcasting, or making available to the public any part of the Spotify Service or the Content, or otherwise making any use of the Spotify Service or the Content which is not expressly permitted under the Agreements or applicable law or which otherwise infringes the intellectual property rights (such as copyright) in the Spotify Service or the Content or any part of it;

So, to say this is a difficult and sensitive topic is disingenuous at best. It is neither difficult NOR sensitive, unless you are actually referring to whether or not you care to rip off Spotify. The legality is cut and dried. The ethics are strictly your own choice.

GMG won't contribute to the effort of making up ones mind about this though. So I am locking this topic, answers to your question will have to come from elsewhere, I'm afraid.

GB
Help support GMG by purchasing from Amazon using this link

Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Follow me on Twitter @GurnBlanston106

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK