I was always wondering if I'm missing something obvious. Any time I want to embed a Youtube video, it's a long quest searching for the truth.
- I know the Forum has a flash tag with a default "flash=200,200"
- Now I need to find the embeddable Youtube link. It's one with "/v/" in the URL. On youtube, it can easily be found after only 12000 mouse clicks you'll find the link.
- But it's with HTML tags and all... I extract the actual URL and put it between the forums flash tags.
- Oh, and 200x200 has to be changed to the correct dimensions.
- You can almost write a diploma thesis about this.
So, after only 4 Minutes the YT video is embedded here. Wow!I'm sure I'm missing something very obvious. Please tell me I do...
There are a lot other fora where you simply put the URL into your posting and thats it, rest is done by the forum software...