Poll

Select one

The blind comparison is dead. Let it rest in peace.
2 (9.1%)
The blind comparison isn't dead, I just don't wanna do any more of them myself, but I'm happy to watch and make fun of you guys for eliminating Knappertsbusch's Ring in Round One
6 (27.3%)
I'm ok with participating in another blind comparison, under the following conditions: _______
10 (45.5%)
I'm already planning to organise another blind comparison!
0 (0%)
I literally don't care. Leave me alone.
4 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Future blind comparisons  (Read 2589 times)

Online TheGSMoeller

• Veteran member
  • Monkey Greg.
Re: Future blind comparisons
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2017, 09:14:47 AM »
I'm up for possibly hosting another one. I was thinking of Haydn's 45th, Farewell Symphony. I think I currently have 15 recordings of the work, and what I believe would be interesting is to see how the mix of modern and period instruments fare in the comparisons.

Offline Mahlerian

• Veteran member
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2017, 04:33:30 PM »
Would anyone be interested in a comparison of recordings of Schoenberg's Violin Concerto?  I have several and could get one or two more to facilitate comparison, but I have to know that there's some level of interest before I jump in.

Offline Brian

• Veteran member
    • Brian's blog
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2017, 08:31:08 AM »
I'm up for possibly hosting another one. I was thinking of Haydn's 45th, Farewell Symphony. I think I currently have 15 recordings of the work, and what I believe would be interesting is to see how the mix of modern and period instruments fare in the comparisons.
oooh!

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Mike Oldfield (1953 -)
  • Currently Listening to:
    Genesis, Yes, Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Mike Oldfield, Steve Hackett, Anathema, Rush, Steven Wilson, Porcupine Tree, Ozric Tentacles, Björk, David Sylvian, Peter Gabriel, David Bowie, Roxy Music, Phil Manzanera, Camel
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2017, 08:39:02 AM »
Would anyone be interested in a comparison of recordings of Schoenberg's Violin Concerto?  I have several and could get one or two more to facilitate comparison, but I have to know that there's some level of interest before I jump in.

But are there enough recordings to warrant a blind comparison?
“Music is enough for a lifetime but a lifetime is not enough for music.” - Sergei Rachmaninov

Offline Mahlerian

• Veteran member
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2017, 12:11:33 PM »
But are there enough recordings to warrant a blind comparison?

I have four on hand, and I could easily get a few others.

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK