Author Topic: TFA's Excursions Around The Ten Starsystems Blog  (Read 450 times)

Offline α |

• Veteran member
  • Variations of Armature Pianist and Arm Chair Paris
TFA's Excursions Around The Ten Starsystems Blog
« on: March 17, 2017, 04:03:48 PM »
Note: Make sure you disassociate real TFA from fictional TFA

I almost created this thread like a month ago but accidentally didn't.

This is my place for my adventures, rants, blogs and coffee reviews  :P

Starting off, my starship has broken down. We have been trying to get to earth to invade and all, but my damn accountant has been slacking off lately. The ship was meant to get repaired THREE WEEKS AGO. I've been going to this diner lately and there is this cute Femoloid chick that has taken my fancy, who works the cash register. We've flirted a little, I may ask her out, who knows? Well She says that "space apes are the best kind of apes", I feel positive about that  :D

I keep hearing about this galactic politician Chindle Rump, who is apparently the first politician to never swear or puke at his debates and inauguration. People find that his lack of puking or at the least, spiting on a small flower then stomping on it to get his point through to be enraging.
He's been elected the past three months now and we don't hear about him at all.

Half of my orchestra died last week from an accidental air poisoning. I have replaced them all with genetic clones but they are having difficulty all of a sudden trying to learn Ferneyhough's "la terre est un homme". In the past, we've performed all of Stockhausen's Licht Cycle in one day, so I feel their sudden lack of skills puzzling. My job as a full time intergalactic conductor is still going well, I'm about to embark on a performance of Tristan Murail's new opera "
La Grande Singularit Mtaphysique"
, I predict that it will become the most widely regarded opera of the 24th Century!

Also, I composed a large piece for orchestra and electronics based off the structure of petty human DNA, which may be premiered after the Murail opera.

For now, I'm waiting for my bloody accountant to get her shit together  >:(

We will invade earth in a matter of time, for now just eagerly await our visit and perhaps you can start recommending the best coffee brands on earth? We'll need some good caffeine by the time we get to you  :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 09:19:00 PM by Que »

Offline α |

• Veteran member
Re: TFA's private (Double R) Diner
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 09:58:13 PM »
Today, I was commissioned a small percussion piece by an entrepreneur Herbie Greigdorln, for the opening of one of his fast food outlets. The opening went well and the percussion ensemble didn't have any problems.

https://soundcloud.com/user-322914325/voyage-through-herbies-colony

Apparently my accountant has been having an affair with my boss's brother, which makes sense now. She's always had an affinity for cosmofrench harpists.
I found out from one of her co-workers, it's troubling that she's letting this get in the way of getting our ship serviced.

Offline α |

• Veteran member
Re: TFA's Conductor Excursions BLOG
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 06:51:32 PM »
The Andromeda Praxis Ensemble commissioned me to write a piece overnight:

https://soundcloud.com/user-322914325/concerto-for-ensemble

The director of their ensemble Ted Burneycrow is taking this piece on tour to the Heliosphere and a few more concert dates too.
I'm proud of my small achievement with this piece, I'm happy it could be produced and pushed so quickly.

Helen (my boil and spot assistant) made a strange observation that my whole string section of the Nuclear Symphony Orchestra are not Ventimulods like me and my other colleagues but indeed Borgs. Turns out there is some strange correlation between the planetary rotation and our alternate dimension teleporter unit. I'll be getting them replaced yet again, hopefully some Ventumulods are ready to tackle some Ferneyhough and Murail?  ::)

The Femoloid at the diner has asked me to fix her air conditioning unit, even though I explicitly told her that I knew nothing about electronics or fixing units. I think she is up to something  ;)

I'm considering firing my accountant, she hasn't even turned up to work today  >:(

Offline α |

• Veteran member
Re: TFA's EXCURSIONS AROUND THE TEN STARSYSTEMS Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 11:36:22 AM »
Right now, I'm having a moment.

I'm in the shipdocking Cafe, staring at a screen with scrolling test that has a slow frame rate.
There is a playlist of Scelsi, Neil Young and Feldman over the loudspeaker.

There was a nice Femoloid dancing to the Feldman before, it was surreal.
I'm going to be looking over the Murail score of "
La Grande Singularit Mtaphysique"
with two of my colleagues. We will be checking over all the finalities to make it as rehearsable as possible.
It is a large, non-stop opera. The best piece of Murail's Post-migration period.

For now that is me for today, I haven't gotten any commissions this morning but I'm on toilet maintenance this afternoon. The staff toilet keeps exploding and getting covered in a bluish sludge. I've been assigned to this task, not to happy really  :-[
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 05:49:21 PM by Thatfabulousalien »

Offline α |

• Veteran member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 11:55:49 PM »
I have been feeling ambitions to become a Broadway singer but it will jeopardise my job as a well-accomplished conductor and composer
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 11:57:23 PM by Thatfabulousalien »

Offline α |

• Veteran member
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 05:06:20 PM »
That beautiful femoloid was shot while on the job, her body was splattered all over the ship. Seems as though she was secretively associating with some dangerous people.

I can't get coffee now because the docking station us under investigation, I fired my accountant. She was too much to handle, constantly arguing with me about why she has to keep delaying simple jobs weeks after weeks on end.

Otherwise, rehearsals for Murail's "La Grande Singularit Mtaphysique" is turning out fantastic. The tour is coming up soon, things are looking great with that. This is perhaps my favorite opera, it really speaks to me and many of my colleagues.

What Murail has achieved in this opera, is beyond anything I could possibly imagine an opera could be in the 24th century. After earth was destroyed and all, it's sweet and inspiring. I am highly satisfied with why Cyborg Murail has been able to uncover, this may very well be that last remains of earth too!  ???

Offline α |

• Veteran member
Re: TFA's Excursions Around The Ten Starsystems Blog
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 07:36:11 PM »
I've been trapped in a small icey room for the past 2 months, every two hours a blue light flashes 7 times followed by a beep and silence again. My only wish is to get out of here, I woke up. This is all I know.

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK