Author Topic: Thread poster stats  (Read 712 times)

Offline nodogen

Thread poster stats
« on: July 05, 2017, 08:27:32 AM »
Is there a facility to find thread poster stats? Basically, who has posted in a particular thread, with the option to go directly to the posts?

Grazie.  :)

Offline Jeffrey Smith

• Veteran member
    • Flickr photostream
Re: Thread poster stats
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 01:52:55 PM »
I don't think so, unless you try the "notify me by email" option, which will result in an email for every post, so all you would gain is skimming the thread in your email box.

If you are looking for the posts of only one or two members, you can access all their posts via their profile.  That of course includes any posts made in any thread...

Offline nodogen

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 12:01:32 AM »
I don't think so, unless you try the "notify me by email" option, which will result in an email for every post, so all you would gain is skimming the thread in your email box.

If you are looking for the posts of only one or two members, you can access all their posts via their profile.  That of course includes any posts made in any thread...

OK thanks. It's sometimes an option.

On this occasion it was to see if I'd posted in a long thread or not! The failings of memory...

Offline Gurn Blanston

• Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)
  • Global Moderator
  • Support your local Haydn Society
    • Gurn's Haydn Blog
  • Currently Listening to:
    Haydn, I reckon.
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 05:57:44 AM »
OK thanks. It's sometimes an option.

On this occasion it was to see if I'd posted in a long thread or not! The failings of memory...

When I want to do that, I go to my own profile and click 'show posts'. It is easier to check my own posts, which are usually short and I have some sense of time with, than to check a great long thread. If it was years ago, it would take a while, but for you, should be easy. :)

8)
Help support GMG by purchasing from Amazon using this link

Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Follow me on Twitter @GurnBlanston106

Offline nodogen

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 08:03:04 AM »
When I want to do that, I go to my own profile and click 'show posts'. It is easier to check my own posts, which are usually short and I have some sense of time with, than to check a great long thread. If it was years ago, it would take a while, but for you, should be easy. :)

8)

OK, cheers 👍

Offline Pat B

• Veteran member
  • A=430
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 10:24:49 PM »
Just saw this. I suggest:

Search -> Advanced search -> then fill in “By user” and select "Search in topic subjects only.” You may want "Show results as messages” too.

Offline nodogen

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 12:51:03 AM »
Just saw this. I suggest:

Search -> Advanced search -> then fill in “By user” and select "Search in topic subjects only.” You may want "Show results as messages” too.

Thanks for the tip!

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK